The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So I got in with the first wave...

Jatne

...because I preordered when it became available, around six months ago and way before there was a release date. I saw the whole first in line, first in game messages that were ALL over the forum boards and early access threads. I got my preorder, registered my code and I am now all set.

However, as I'd like to pass my degree, I wont be able to play (I'm away from home) until Thursday - the original start of Early Access. Guess what? I am not going to be shedding any tears for people who didn't or couldn't read the conditions of preordering and I wont feel at a disadvantage when peope have A MAXIMUM of TWO days, yes FOURTY-EIGHT hours of time to get ahead of me.

It disgusts me that some of you are so spoiled, you delude yourselves to the point you feel entitled to something as if it's your right. There are people dying of hunger, people will sleep on the streets over the coldest part of the year... and your primary concern is someone getting a day of play ahead of you?! Really?

riveting tale riveting chap

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Be serious. You can't ask someone who just got a brand new MMO to wait 2, 3, 4 days for everybody to be in to start playing. Yourself would do that if in the situation, be honest. I don't mind the whole staggered access thing, they just should have done it differently for guilds not to be torn apart.

Yep, you posted a stupid answer to a serious concern.

Facerolling an instance in easy mode with a high level has NOTHING to do with doing it at the right level. Maybe you enjoy easy mode, I prefer to have at least some challenge.

Then, I guess you should have:

a) Preordered in the month of June.

b) Ask your whole guild to wait for you, to run through content in a semi-symbiotic manner.

c) Run content with... PUG groups, like 99% of the games base.

See what I did there? I just took your "serious concern" and explained why it's not serious AND why you shouldn't be concerned. Also, HOW did your WHOLE guild manage to preorder in June and get in game and yet you didn't? My friends preordered, so I preordered a day later... the result, we're all in.

I should apply for a position in customer service...

Edited by Jatne

Be serious. You can't ask someone who just got a brand new MMO to wait 2, 3, 4 days for everybody to be in to start playing. Yourself would do that if in the situation, be honest. I don't mind the whole staggered access thing, they just should have done it differently for guilds not to be torn apart.

I'm not in a guild, so there would be no reason for me to delay. Of course if I had a friend I wanted to play with I would just roll a character I wasn't planning to use and play with that until my friend starts, and then roll my original class.

But really, what you want is for BW to force your guild mates to start at the same time, and thus denying them the extra time they would have had otherwise. Not very fair to your guild mates.

Would you feel comfortable with denying your friends extra time? If you are, then asking your guild mates to not play until you do wouldn't be a problem. If you're not comfortable, then why ask BW to deprive your friends of their free gift?

a) Preordered in the month of June.
You can't force people to pre-order that early. Many have legit doubts about new MMOs that they know almost nothing about.

b) Ask your whole guild to wait for you, to run through content in a semi-symbiotic manner.
Not doable, already explained.

c) Run content with... PUG groups, like 99% of the games base.
I will ignore the 99% you pulled out of the blues. God forbid people want to enjoy MMORPGs with FRIENDS. With people they have been playing those game with for over 10 years. It's not because you have no friends that everybody is like you... see what I did here? ;) Edited by Korrigan