Why ppl feels bored at lvl 50 with more content than wow in the release comprasion

Stormag

heres why i think lots of lvl 50 feel bored having more content than wow in the realease ( not much more but definetly more )

1-The main reason i think it is because the "feeling of freedom" or big open world feeling, in swtor that feeling does not exists, its very killd

In wow maybe the individual zones are equal or even smaller than a swtor world-zone ( not all ofc wow have some really big zones like stranglethorn ) BUT ( and here comes the point ) in wow you can just walk from one zone to another without any loading screen, well , being all zones like this if you make a chain of all zones in a single continent you have a real HUGE sandbox of terrain to see and explore feeling that your are in a real big world.

In swtor you have to walk through several loading screens to go from one zone to another and maybe it will take you several minutes to do that, going to the space port, jumping in your ship, go to the galaxy map select a world, then go there and exit the sip to land on that planet, and all that for what?? all that to land in a small & railed world?? im feeling clasoustrophobic!! thats why i claim all worlds to be HUGE, to spend lots of time going from point to point, see the horizons of every world and the chance to go and reach that far thing/building/mountain i saw from the main base and feeling that im in a huge landscape oh my god that could be nice :'(, maybe is too much work to do that? yes it is, but is the only way to feel free!

Now imagine every world being big like a single skyrim, looking the horizon... discovering quest... exploring roads, caves, valleys, mountains, villages, plains... all in a huge way.. to feel the majesty and the soul of EVERY world... while all this could be pvp zones.. this idea just could been nice...

I prefer to have only 2 planets big like that than 500 worlds of 2 inch each and having to travel through loading screens...

Why is this important? in wow, even without battlegrounds, pvp system and only 1 raid and several normal mode dungeons of max lvl, you can spend your time going anywhere doing the moron in the huge world, having fun ganking other ppl, exploring places u dindt been before because are just beautyful, go to enemy capital city with frinds or alone and having lots of fun in plenty of ways!!!! omg! in swtor you cant do anything of that it felt so bored claustrophobic and small! i feel the shape of the game like a lots of small boxes and jumping between them through loading screens instead of One or 2 big Boxes

if you played other mmorpgs like "fallen earth" ( is not a very famous or good mmorpg but ) the game its only made with 3 zones, lol only 3? yes, because they are just HUGE extensions of terrain that make you feel great to explore and advance on it.. ( but anyways that game lacks of everything is one of the nice things he had)

Note: this is the main reason and game breaker for me, being a mmorpgs (and specially star wars ), its unacceptable, any other things are "avoidable" even if its annoying atleast for me.

guild wars 1 2.0 :(

2-Crafting

The crafting is way too easy to lvl up, i maxed all 3 of my crewkills at lvl 45 only making greens... in other moos to spend more time at maxing this, they make the last levels of the trade skills real hard to level just making rare quality items or very hard items to craft , that means that you have to speand time and more time to farm the materials and then craft these items, even maybe you have to loot em from party dungeon or raids just to max out the skill.

I really enjoied my first 1-50 char, i really did, because the story is nice and all that but, then the game ended, thats how im feeling the game because of the reason 1 ive explined before, its the same game exprience that someone can feel with a single player game, if you take your view back after hiting 50 you maybe will see it too, and now its too late to fix anything like that, the game is the way it its thats because im feeling disapointed /sad :(

Edited by Stormag

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/agree

I'm enjoying the storyline so far and will see it through to 50. I think it won't be as fun going through it again on alts, its way too linear. I'm used to having several different areas to pick from while leveling and you don't get choices here. In pve atleast, everyone follows the same main path. I'm lvl 39 and am afraid of getting to the endgame and being bored.

No big sandbox is a huge deal for me as well, I'm the type to just run out into the world and explore. Can't do that in this game and it will probably be what kills it for me. There is too much loading between worlds and no real reason to go back to them.

I really don't think the feeling of a large world has anything to do with it. Once you get to max level it's really a question of "what is there for me to do? Is it worthwhile? Is it still fun?"

There are 2 problems I see:

1. Those new to MMOs may not be enthralled with the typical MMO endgame, especially since the 1-50 game before that was so different and that's what they came for and enjoyed.

2. Those not new to MMOs and got burned out (likely on WoW) probably got burned out on the endgame. Since the endgame here is basically the same, the burnout will come much, much faster than it did for them the first time in a previous game.

Agree with OP.

This is/was a 20/25 level game stretched into 50. I've already cancelled my subscription due to the redundancy/boring play from a game that was more worried about voice overs than creating a unique game.

You can make 100 worlds but big whoop if each is only the size of one WOW zone.

I can't fathom anyone playing this game past 3 months. I created and played 2 characters and am so bored after 2 weeks that I almost went back and started playing WOW again to remind me of how an MMO is suppose to play.

Sorry EA/Bioware but I really wanted TOR to be the real deal and it it falls way short of keeping me wanting to give you $15 a month.

Although I'm still not level 50, I /agree too. Leveling is kind of like deja vu and not particularly exciting.

I would also add a feeling of being isolated, even though I'm in a guild. Everyone's on different planets doing their own story lines, and there's no one big meeting place that seems full of activity, like Ironforge or the cantinas in SWG. I've been to the fleet, or whatever it's called, and not too many people were around. I think one thing that adds to this feeling is that no one really chats in spatial chat. Most conversations seem to be in general chat. Occasionally I'll see a few people use emotes and say a few things to each other. Of course without chat bubbles it's easy to miss.

Why is this important? in wow, even without battlegrounds, pvp system and only 1 raid and several normal mode dungeons of max lvl, you can spend your time going anywhere doing the moron in the huge world, having fun ganking other ppl, exploring places u dindt been before because are just beautyful, go to enemy capital city with frinds or alone and having lots of fun in plenty of ways!!!! omg! in swtor you cant do anything of that it felt so bored claustrophobic and small! i feel the shape of the game like a lots of small boxes and jumping between them through loading screens instead of One or 2 big Boxes

Yeah but the thing people that put this argument forward fail to remember is that the majority of people don't. They go to wherever their daily quests are or park themselves in the major city and queue up for random dungeons. Sure, you get the odd city raid happen here and there, but they aren't a regular thing in most cases.

Most top level characters that are out in the world are either farming dailys or farming herbs/ore for professions. So despite the world being massive, for top level players, there is only a tiny fraction of it that is actually worth being in.

Yeah but the thing people that put this argument forward fail to remember is that the majority of people don't. They go to wherever their daily quests are or park themselves in the major city and queue up for random dungeons. Sure, you get the odd city raid happen here and there, but they aren't a regular thing in most cases.

Most top level characters that are out in the world are either farming dailys or farming herbs/ore for professions. So despite the world being massive, for top level players, there is only a tiny fraction of it that is actually worth being in.

yes but somehow knowing that there is a big open world outside makes u feel better, also the farming is much more entertaining in a big world

i think the game also need more mini-games and or weekly / monthly events based on the culture of each planet to bring more life ( mb races, table games etc.. )... but with the actual shape of the worlds that a impossible mission lol

I have to agree that the loading screens are annoying. I prefer WoW's map, with the 4 continents with lots of zones you can go between at will. They should have cut down the steps to travel between planets perhaps. I don't like having to go on a shuttle to orbital station, then walk to my ship's hangar, load hangar, then walk to ship, load ship, then go to map, select destination, exit ship, walk to hangar door, exit hangar, walk through orbital station, take shuttle to surface. Instead, your ship should be in an instanced hangar which does not require loading to enter, directly on the surface of the planet, and you can go straight into your ship, to the planet, then out of your ship. I don't understand why they put in the orbital stations, they serve no practical purpose other than to add more loading screens.

And yes, WoW's world felt like it had more things to do in it, as though it was more open. I know it's only a couple of weeks after launch, but as it is, I'm getting this annoying feeling that there's little to do right now. I had many good times on WoW basically just messing around, hanging out at the horde areas and being silly, and jumping around Stormwind. Stormind was cool, it was the most awesome hub ever. The fleet just feels so tiny and boring, and it has so many doors and loading screens to move around. Stormwind was like, a city, actually, I assumed Coruscant was going to be the main hub, and it was going to be like Stormwind in that it was open with multiple areas you could run around in, with shops and houses everywhere, and parks and such scenery. But Coruscant is really just another leveling zone with a couple of added functions. I really wish it was more like Stormwind, or if the fleet station was like it.

Also, there always seemed to be something going on in WoW. Some holiday event, or a raid on the enemy capital, and the city was always full of people and felt alive. A couple of years ago I played hide and seek in Stormwind with some other people for hours at new year's, but I just don't feel like that can happen in this game. Maybe once there's more people around, it will feel more alive, once people have gotten to 50 and are actually looking for stuff to do and aren't out questing all the time. I sincerely hope so, I'm hoping this game can deliver the same experience and open-ness that WoW did. I'm definitely not bored yet though, and as long as they continue to add new content in, new, giant planets for end game perhaps, I'm thinking it can be great.

- I don't like having to go on a shuttle to orbital station, then walk to my ship's hangar, load hangar, then walk to ship, load ship, then go to map, select destination, exit ship, walk to hangar door, exit hangar, walk through orbital station, take shuttle to surface. Instead, your ship should be in an instanced hangar which does not require loading to enter, directly on the surface of the planet, and you can go straight into your ship, to the planet, then out of your ship. I don't understand why they put in the orbital stations, they serve no practical purpose other than to add more loading screens..

^ This. Please reduce the number of steps between worlds. Travelling between takes up way too much time in here. I'd understand if it were 2-4 steps but the current state is just tiresome. At least let us use speeders in the spaceports.

Reading all these posts makes me want to go back to WoW. Must... resist..........

I couldn't agree more with the Stormwind/Ironforge comments.

Hanging out on Imperial Fleet is just BORING. No sense of community what so ever.

Literally no need to interact with other players in the open world. Everything happens in instances like flash points, operations, and warzones.

Raiding enemy capitals and all that other casual fun stuff were what initially got me hooked on WoW when I was very new to the game.

Idk, the atmosphere in SWTOR is just too dark and impersonal.

I think people expect to be entertained now when they hit 50 and not go out and make their own entertainment within the confines of an MMO.

People in WoW used to do some insane things like grind for the purple cat mount. Can you imagine the QQ now is something like that was introduced into the game.

We used to spend an evening going down to BRD (this is when it was raidable).. we dragged a lvl 45 with us who was pulling everything in sight because of his low level. Poor guys gear was all broken in 10 minutes from repeatedly dying.. We just told him that stop complaining and that his repair bill could get no worse now and sent him to pull some more mobs for us. Now people would QQ that it was too hard.. Too long.. etc etc.

We had fun but I really don't think most people could have fun like that now.. They need entertained. They need their dungeon finder.. They need portals and everything to be instant.. They need their 2 trash mobs.. kill boss 5 minute epic lewt.

You can streamline and make everything as efficient as possible but you have to bear in mind with that you lose what I can only describe as the soul of the game.. it's flavour.. and you end up with the clinical travesty that I consider WoW is today.. Funnily this is why I also like star wars.

Sandbox mmos are disgusting. I am glad they are a thing of the past. Wow is not a sandbox, its still very linear and not open in design. Its just that its aesthetics make it seem so while leveling 1-60, after that it literally becomes linear with very little choice on where to go. Please stop thinking most people want sandboxes

You are the minority

If you want a sandbox, play skyrim. Sandboxes and mmos do not mix well anymore. The closest thing u can get to a sandbox in an mmo will be GW2, and even then, it will be more theme park, just with the option of going back.

With that being said. People will not care if all endgame content is instanced as long as its accessible and there is plenty of t.

Edited by Amandeep

Sandbox mmos are disgusting. I am glad they are a thing of the past. Wow is not a sandbox, its still very linear and not open in design. Its just that its aesthetics make it seem so while leveling 1-60, after that it literally becomes linear with very little choice on where to go. Please stop thinking most people want sandboxes

You are the minority

If you want a sandbox, play skyrim. Sandboxes and mmos do not mix well anymore. The closest thing u can get to a sandbox in an mmo will be GW2, and even then, it will be more theme park, just with the option of going back.

With that being said. People will not care if all endgame content is instanced as long as its accessible and there is plenty of t.

Editing your post to put a line in Bold and Underlined doesn't make it true.

SWTOR is possibly one of the most linear games I've ever played. There is no choice in levelling zones (Compare - WOTLK: Howling/Borean - Cataclysm: Vash'jir/Hyjal). There is no reason now that I am 50 to go anywhere apart from Ilum or the Fleet.

I've got my Datacrons, my Matrix Shards, the zones are now pointless. There's no minipets to farm, no mounts to work on, no achievements to go back and do. Nada.

^ This. Please reduce the number of steps between worlds. Travelling between takes up way too much time in here. I'd understand if it were 2-4 steps but the current state is just tiresome. At least let us use speeders in the spaceports.

Testify brother. All this extra walking for nothing is annoying.

I'm saddened that cities feel so dead. There is just ALL this empty space everywhere. It serves no purpose what-so-ever.

I'm fustrated that the areas feel so hemmed in and linear (yes, they are big). This was something I absolutely hated about Guild Wars.

Crafting is WAY too easy.

The toon controls are WAY too unresponsive.

The end game content is WAY too easy. People shoudn't have beat it 10 days after launch.

There major hubs don't feel terribly important or busy.

SWTOR should have achievements that garner titles, gear, special mounts, raiding achievements, etc. These seem like huge wastes of time, but I can tell you some of the most fun I had in WoW was trying to do raiding achievements after content was already on farm. The titles meant something. They mattered to people. It seems silly, but everyone I knew would spend HOURS trying to accomplish all sorts of pointless achievements. We had level 85's running around in the old world lowbie areas just to get faction achievements and all sorts of stupid stuff. That's the sort of stuff that keeps the world feeling alive, because it keeps people active in the game even when content is on farm. Seeing high level characters in low level areas is motivation. I remember the first time I saw a level 60 when I was still 15. I was like, 'HOLY COW, I want to be like that guy." Seriously, he looked HUGE!

I want this game to be good and last a long time. I really do. However, BW has some REAL work to do to get there, and they won't have a ton of time to get there either. People won't just mill around for 10 months doing nothing while they figure it out.

DDO dejavoo, if you ever played the game it's all instanced. You go through numerous load screens to get from place to place or just teleport same as Swtor. I hung up my hopes in swtor and can't decide if I should play DDO, WoW or AoC till GW2 my last Mecca although The Secret Worlds looks interesting.

In wow maybe the individual zones are equal or even smaller than a swtor world-zone ( not all ofc wow have some really big zones like stranglethorn ) BUT ( and here comes the point ) in wow you can just walk from one zone to another without any loading screen, well , being all zones like this if you make a chain of all zones in a single continent you have a real HUGE sandbox of terrain to see and explore feeling that your are in a real big world.

This was not possible at low levels. You could not go to not EVERY zone because of level restrictions. Apparently, you do not remember quests where you had to go across the continents to finish. It could literally be from Xroads to Thunderbluff (on a timer no less) to Silver Pines and back. That took a long while because you WERE on foot. And the questing there WAS linear as there were only certain spots n a zone you could go at level. As hored if you tried to quest in the Southern barrens during Vanillla there were none.

Now imagine every world being big like a single skyrim, looking the horizon... discovering quest... exploring roads, caves, valleys, mountains, villages, plains... all in a huge way.. to feel the majesty and the soul of EVERY world... while all this could be pvp zones.. this idea just could been nice...

This is simply not possible without a high end system and big phat pipe for your internet and then everyone else has to have the same.

OK, I can barely understand you. YOU CAN DO ALL THOSE THINGS HERE. My guild just ***** the Republic Base on Tat the other night and all the little Jedi wannabes there. AS far as 'doing the moron' well ....... WoW graphicly was a cartoon the thing it was not was "beautyful". OMG SWTOR may not be for you.

I really enjoied my first 1-50 char, i really did, because the story is nice and all that but, then the game ended, thats how im feeling the game because of the reason 1 ive explined before, its the same game exprience that someone can feel with a single player game, if you take your view back after hiting 50 you maybe will see it too, and now its too late to fix anything like that, the game is the way it its thats because im feeling disapointed /sad

big sad panda for you

Now

CAN I HAZ YER STUF

Edited by Foenixz

I couldn't agree more with the Stormwind/Ironforge comments.

Hanging out on Imperial Fleet is just BORING. No sense of community what so ever.

Idk, the atmosphere in SWTOR is just too dark and impersonal.

In addition to what you said, I think part of this also stems from the lack of chat bubbles. I try and spark up random conversation in areas but people don't equate the message is from me unless they line up the text in the chat window with the name floating over my head. It isn't rocket science but that is too many steps to do quickly, or naturally, when we're in-game and stuff is happening. Especially since the chat window shows your base name but floaty nameplates shows sentence long titles and legacies.

I think it just squashes conversation in general and reduces the social elements of the game. At least in public spaces like Imperial Fleet. People revert to just puttering about doing their own things.

Edited by nanogasm

Pretty much everything is instanced in this game and the space fight is one huge joke, it's insulting.

It would have been seriously mega epic if we could manually fly our space ship to travel between planets without going through so many loading screens.

It's ridiculous that every spaceport and most of the buildings in outposts have the exact same design.

Agree with OP.

This is/was a 20/25 level game stretched into 50. I've already cancelled my subscription due to the redundancy/boring play from a game that was more worried about voice overs than creating a unique game.

You can make 100 worlds but big whoop if each is only the size of one WOW zone.

I can't fathom anyone playing this game past 3 months. I created and played 2 characters and am so bored after 2 weeks that I almost went back and started playing WOW again to remind me of how an MMO is suppose to play.

Sorry EA/Bioware but I really wanted TOR to be the real deal and it it falls way short of keeping me wanting to give you $15 a month.

You make no sense, a planet is a ZONE in this game, why is that wrong? because you said so?