The worst part about waiting for Day 2 waves is....

JNeale

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad launch is just bad launch ...

Okey servers are free of lagg, servers are without queus but only for minority. Private launch yeee

I am just telling that everyone would rather wait in queu where atleast you have timer instead of waiting for an email ... what an idea :D

So tell me, who cares about free lag and no queue now? 10% Of subscribers, 20?

There is STILL going to be lag and queues if servers cant handle now, they wont handle the players at launch anyway ..

Edited by Dogblaster

Bad launch is just bad launch ...

Okey servers are free of lagg, servers are without queus but only for minority. Private launch yeee

I am just telling that everyone would rather wait in queu where atleast you have timer instead of waiting for an email ... what an idea :D

So tell me, who cares about free lag and no queue now? 10% Of subscribers, 20?

There is STILL going to be lag and queues if servers cant handle now, they wont handle the players at launch anyway ..

You... do know the employees need to... sleep, right?

They can't do 24 hour launch, and still work on bugfixes, people whining to CS and deal with server strain.

Actually they announced they have shifts around the clock for first month, especially this week. So yes, they have all the staff they need on hand for this.

Second: The LOWER these server pops are, the better likelihood they will be more aggressive on Day 2, and so on.

By now we all could have waited in a 20 hour que, and still be in game playing.

Even with the waves they should have split them evenly throughout the 24 hours of the day because people work different shifts.

I would have much prefered the long ques...even if they put in a 2-3 hour per person limit then boot them off to let others have a chance for the first week. Then you can just get back in line.

Uh, invites stopped being sent out at 2pm EST. That is far from 24 hours of work time.

No, but you also have to figure, Bioware is US based. A lot of the invites sent out were people who were most likely at work until 3-4-5-6 and so on.

So they really didn't know yet how the servers would handle the full load of the first 5 waves

They can't do 24 hour launch, and still work on bugfixes, people whining to CS and deal with server strain.

What an excuse. They barely did an 8 hour launch. Bug fixes were for beta, not now.

This has been pathetic.

No, but you also have to figure, Bioware is US based. A lot of the invites sent out were people who were most likely at work until 3-4-5-6 and so on.

So they really didn't know yet how the servers would handle the full load of the first 5 waves

They stopped sending invites.

At.

2PM est.

/end

you did see Rockjaws post that there actually is a 24hr team set up, right? its not like they only planned having 9-5 teams.. herp derp

If you sleep when you launch a 150 milion dolar game then you just don't give a damn.

Yes they did. They know how many invites they sent out. And they did a beta stress test weekend.

that's why shifts were invented ;)

but on topic, I'm not happy with the way this is handled, especially because the time they'll start again is a kick in the nuts for Europeans :rolleyes:.

But meh, I'm always looking on the bright side, on day 2 they already had a day to see how things went and may adjust the amount of waves.

Servers queues were almost entirely Heavy and Full all day through the invite process.

Yes, in the middle of the night on a weekday, they are down to light and medium.... and it's only the first day.

They already said, the number on invitations is ramping up dramtically, be patient.

You have absolutely no idea how many "dramatically" is. You're just hoping it's as large as you think it is.

The worst part about waiting for Day 2 waves is...

Looking at the current servers and seeing EVERY single one is either

Standard Capacity

or

Light Capacity

and still not being able to get in an play yet.

Worse part for me is... i pre-ordered on the 12th... a very good chance i might only get 1 or 2 day of Early Access..

But in my heart... i never give up hope... that i will be selected tomorrow :(