Community Blog Post Discussion: A Word on Bugs from James Ohlen

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW has bugs after every major patch release. WoW expansions typically have even more despite months of testing. So I see no reason why people are up in arms over the bugs in SWTOR when it was just released. MMOs are huge and complex games...bugs will happen.

Still you don't mention anything about the biggest issues the community have at the moment with warzones. We dont require any ETA on it but any word that you are looking into it would be good. PvP brackets are really needed for low level players to enjoy PvP. Right now especially on Bloodworthy EU there is tons of level 50's in every warzone.

We usually reserve these "emergency fixes" for bugs that are stopping players from playing the game or to exploits that could unbalance the entire game if not corrected.

And you don't think the FPS and Performance issues that are all over the Customer Service forum constitute as a top priority? This is stopping players from playing and is causing people to cancel their subscriptions.

How many DXDIAG files will it take for someone to provide real details on what is being done to correct this to the community? Such as "Hey, we are finding this is caused by XYZ and are doing ABC to fix it."

None of this, "We are aware and looking into it" crap.

:mad:

Complete faildogz. All the problems that today's patch was meant to fix, have actually been introduced on my client.

CANNOT LOGIN TO THE GAME! DROPS TO CHAR SELECT SCREEN EVERYTIME!!

WHEN LOGGING AS A BUG, HANGS ON "UPDATING"

Should know better than to bother with a new MMO, most notably on patch day. Im sure char rollbacks will be next...

My biggest gripe so far is companion abilities not saving when you turn them off, biggest offender being mako's channeled CC ability. You need to turn it back off every single time you mount or mako will chain cast it, tossing out heals when she sees fit and not when they come off of cooldown like she should.

Hopefully this bug is near the top of the priority list.

Now if only their game worked. Most people are still getting FPS issues.

Believe me it's not MOST people, just some people. I for one have no FPS issues.

Still you don't mention anything about the biggest issues the community have at the moment with warzones. We dont require any ETA on it but any word that you are looking into it would be good. PvP brackets are really needed for low level players to enjoy PvP. Right now especially on Bloodworthy EU there is tons of level 50's in every warzone.

Warzones are not the biggest issues. If there were brackets then the top levels would be empty, and all the 40-50's would be complaining about long waits to get into a warzone.

Believe me it's not MOST people, just some people. I for one have no FPS issues.

please see the horrid FPS http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114363&page=92&highlight=horrid+fps

that is the 3rd thread created because it has reached max posts twice in a row, just because YOU are one of the few who have no issues does not mean no one does, i have done my research and i know ALOT of people have this issue.

Can't you guys add a date on the blog? For example after the title "A word on bugs from James Ohlen" Add the line "January 4, 2012" that way people can see how old/new a blog post is?

When you bring up the community page there is a date of the post.

Now if only their game worked. A small percentage of people are still getting FPS issues.

There, fixed that for ya :D

-Turning off Shadows worked for most people, and they are continuing to work on fixing them

-Additional problems with ATI cards might very well require an ATI Driver update and nothing on BW's part

I seriously doubt 200+ Servers would be full of people every night if the game "didn't work" for "most people" :cool:

Warzones are not the biggest issues. If there were brackets then the top levels would be empty, and all the 40-50's would be complaining about long waits to get into a warzone.

ROFL, just some people. And for the record that Horrid FPS thread has been moved like 5 times now for exceeding post limits. It is by far the #1 community desired item at the moment.

Complete faildogz. All the problems that today's patch was meant to fix, have actually been introduced on my client.

CANNOT LOGIN TO THE GAME! DROPS TO CHAR SELECT SCREEN EVERYTIME!!

WHEN LOGGING AS A BUG, HANGS ON "UPDATING"

Should know better than to bother with a new MMO, most notably on patch day. Im sure char rollbacks will be next...

You likely have a corrupted install. Click the "gear" at the bottom right to repair.

If you modified your Launcher to point to a specific IP you need to unbind it as that will cause you problems as well.

Best of luck to you