I think posting on this forum should be chargeable

a_Stalker

Do you think we should all be charged a per post fee for these forums? Would it keep the flaming down and allow sensible comments to be made that might help the future direction of the game?

So is this an example of a sensible post?

Do you think we should all be charged a per post fee for these forums? Would it keep the flaming down and allow sensible comments to be made that might help the future direction of the game?

Your therory is flawed in the sense that it assumes that someone who is coming here with a chip on their shoulder is not going to be motivated enough to be willing to pay to be able to vent while someone who is simply wanting to post a postive comment would be.

I think the opposite is more likely to be true. Someone wanting to vent is more likely to be willing to pay a small fee to get their complaint a public airing. It would not reduce the flaming and negativity. It would likely entrench it, with the added side-effect of them complaining that they have to pay to be able to do so.

Good idea. Only those that can afford it get a voice :confused:

No.

I think they should control the forums with an iron fist, the way Blizzard did during the first 2-3 years of WoW. That's something they need to learn... hire Ghostcrawler to run the bans. People forget what a sarcastic *** he was back in the day.

Then people that come to these forums for information and legitimate discussion of the game wouldn't have to sift through pages of people crying.

I was charged $60 to post for 30 days in this forum.

No you were not. You were charged $60 for a license to play the game, which included 30-days of play time. The ability to post on the forums is a side-benefit and subject to your following the Terms of Serivce, one provision of which is that they can shut down your access to the forums at their discretion.

If you paid $60 for forum access, you need to read the box a little better. :D

Your therory is flawed in the sense that it assumes that someone who is coming here with a chip on their shoulder is not going to be motivated enough to be willing to pay to be able to vent while someone who is simply wanting to post a postive comment would be.

I think the opposite is more likely to be true. Someone wanting to vent is more likely to be willing to pay a small fee to get their complaint a public airing. It would not reduce the flaming and negativity. It would likely entrench it, with the added side-effect of them complaining that they have to pay to be able to do so.

Yes and no. It is one thing to read posts from people with a chip on their shoulders, if they are still raising an even semi-reasonable issue. What I am sure is that it would probably cut a large chunk of nonsense from these boards. If you look at this stuff, doesn't matter what you post, what the thread is about, or how hard you try to be rational and purposeful with your posting, some people just come in and post pure BS. Their only purpose in all honesty is to troll.

I'd be willing to pay to get rid of that kind of stupidity. You would still get angry posts but at least they are just passionate about their issues. That is not a punishable offense, on the contrary, that kind of posting is good for any game.

Not to worry, soon there will be 3rd party sites that are current with their info. I've seen a few good ones already. The official forums are usually reserved for whining. However, I've found good info in the class and crew skills forums here.

I actually did think that people with sensible suggestions and care about this game would only post, the rest would not even bother to come here.

• 1 month later...