Servers Up Very Early! But Why...

Alohen

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wish I could confirm but this patch ****ED my game up. I can get to char select then force close

At the character select screen, try changing your graphic settings to low, apply, and then login with your character. Once logged in, change it back to whatever it was before. This fixed the same problem you are describing for me. I was set to High(custom) with everything maxed before the patch.

They got a list of issues to fix, they researched the big issues and itemized the small ones. The small ones go into a "get it done by wednesday" bin and the big ones are estimated for time. Maintenance rolls around, they implement the fixes they know to be working and hold off on any half-as$ed stuff they've got lying around to prevent breaking anything. They see their maximum window of 8 hours is plenty of time so after 2 hours of patching and 30 minutes of getting servers synced and working they let people back in.

Result: QQ about less downtime and careful consideration of issues to be fixed.

Well played playerbase.

If servers are down for maintainence for 8 hours its because so have time to implement it, test it and correct code if needed. So if the servers are up earlier be happy and log in and play.

Yeah but don't forget the Problems some are having, Granted some get it Sorted but Im guessing theres a fair few raging over it.

They got a list of issues to fix, they researched the big issues and itemized the small ones. The small ones go into a "get it done by wednesday" bin and the big ones are estimated for time. Maintenance rolls around, they implement the fixes they know to be working and hold off on any half-as$ed stuff they've got lying around to prevent breaking anything. They see their maximum window of 8 hours is plenty of time so after 2 hours of patching and 30 minutes of getting servers synced and working they let people back in.

Result: QQ about less downtime and careful consideration of issues to be fixed.

Well played playerbase.

Don't really know how to take that, is that Against Bioware? or For them? Sorry for my Misunderstanding

We knew what was in the patch. If it takes 2.5 hours to implement this (so upload what is already on the test server) then that is a good thing. The 8 hours last week might have been because something went wrong in the update.

This was good, and you are still complaining. I am over this forum, there are too many impatient children on here.

We knew what was in the patch. If it takes 2.5 hours to implement this (so upload what is already on the test server) then that is a good thing. The 8 hours last week might have been because something went wrong in the update.

This was good, and you are still complaining. I am over this forum, there are too many impatient children on here.

I brought up that I thought this 2.5 hour duration was too good to be true, and it Turns out it was, They barely solved anything and by the sounds of it, They caused more problems than before. So try to stop jumping to conclusions before reading the facts. Too many Impatient Children on here you say, You are so close to making yourself look stupid, by the fact you just havent read most of the responses on here.

Name one fix that was listed in the notes and isn't implemented today.

Don't you dare say the high textures because that was not mentioned anyhwere. The fix you think is related is nothing to do with that, it is fixing settings in .ini files not being consistent with ingame settings and yes, the fix is working.

Makes a bit more sense....although I have absolutely no idea what .ini files are. I'm thinking patch updates should really not assume everyone u.derstands programming. But thank you for explanation, I feel less upset now.

Certain problems happened in Beta that haven't been fixed and some things happened in Launch that are now huge and I do know that they are being worked on, but its just the fact it seems they aren't paying that much attention to it. Maybe its just me, I dont know.

Honestly....

What exactly do you want them to say?

They have acknowledged the problems.

They have stated they are working on fixing them.

They have stated they don't have an ETA....

And finally, how the hell do you know they aren't paying much attention to them? Do you work for BW? Are you a developer there?

I honestly don't understand... are you really that dense?

A whole may not have been fixed but a wide variety of things have been fixed, and that shows they are actively working on the problems we have been putting forth. It's been a holiday weekend and things have been very hectic at BW im sure, just wait for the next major patch and im sure a lot will be fixed.

Honestly....

What exactly do you want them to say?

They have acknowledged the problems.

They have stated they are working on fixing them.

They have stated they don't have an ETA....

And finally, how the hell do you know they aren't paying much attention to them? Do you work for BW? Are you a developer there?

I honestly don't understand... are you really that dense?

All I said was It Feel to Me like they are taking almost no notice.

They have stated a lot of things, that doesnt mean anything now does it?

I can see that my point is fairly naive but still. They have taken ages so far for these fixes and still seem as distant as before and these things are very important to their interests to keep people happy.

I don't appreciate being called Dense, I'm always willing to see the faults in my posts, but dont directly insult me please. I do my best not to do it to others.

Edited by Alohen

All I said was It Feel to Me like they are taking almost no notice.

They have stated a lot of things, that doesnt mean anything now does it?

I can see that my point is fairly naive but still. They have taken ages so far for these fixes and still seem as distant as before.

I don't appreciate being called Dense, I'm always willing to see the faults in my posts, but dont directly insult me please. I do my best not to do it to others.

Then don't post dribble.

They have taken ages so far? ... um the game has been live for 2 weeks. If that is ages I would hate to see what a month feels like.

But to answer your issue developing fixes takes a lot of time.... you even acknowledged that in a previous post... yet you go on to contradict yourself yet again.

So, before you keep complaining or whatever you think you are doing, do yourself a favor and spend 10 minutes reading this