The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So when can we expect to get working textures?

Chromiie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not had any FPS issues at all but i still have poor quality textures as well. Its very sad. I have no problem with the toony art direction but the lack of details in texturing is a problem. I also have a strong rig and powerful video card.

I wanna see Lethality's "highres" setting. I'll be so jelly if he gets them and a lot of us don't.

I have not seen a single post-beta screen with high res textures showing up. Everyone claiming it mysteriously fails to post a pic. I love the art direction in this game, and I think it looks pretty decent, but I'm very annoyed when I look over my shoulder and the textures in my gf's WoW look tremendously better. Some people are more sensitive to this than others - I'm one of them, and I keep my computer up to specs for this very reason. I'm not expecting Oblivion-with-quarl-pack photo-realism, I just want the cutscene textures. They look awesome. I can see crisp lettering on my BH's blaster in the cutscenes. The fact that they are *right there* is terribly irritating.

Bump for greater justice.

A lot of people would appreciate an official statement on this issue.

There is a statement, they're working on it. I'm just mystified why it wasn't in this patch, or what changed between beta and launch.

Edited by eskachig

Deluding themselves? Are you kidding me??

The high-res textures in character selection and cutscenes when they're working properly:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/15of4sz.jpg

What they look like the rest of the time on the SAME SETTINGS:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/nwx5pw.jpg

I can't believe people are STILL DENYING THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE!

Sorry, but i have all on high, selected every option available (bloom etc..) and my textures are ALWAYS like that first pic...

Only thing i would like to see fixed/added is AA and better shadows... because shadows are really really really bad (they are just dark blocky patches).

I haven't spent much time on the Forums, but from what I see of FPS-related posts, people are concerned with high-res options being implemented/fixed. I think that implementing these are important, too, but low-res options are much more so. I have a mid-grade machine and cannot run this game adequately even with the lowest settings. My friend has a mid-grade machine as well and has the same problem.

Step one: Draw distance

Seriously, this is one of the most basic visual settings and one of the most crucial in achieving reasonable fps on lower-level machines. Players need more settings. We need to be able to run low AND high, and we shouldn't be crippled by fps regardless of how good our computer is(as high quality PC users have just as many fps issues as low quality). Not to mention that stacking fps issues across the board onto a game with constant character response issues is aggravating to the highest degree, and more than likely prime cause for loss of customers.

I read up until about page six but I supposed I'd like to commented that perhaps the problem is the game's LoD system...I think it's a little too aggressive and / or messed up.

And yeah, the armor preview window is a bit garish to look at.

Intel 990x Hex Core @ 4.4GHz

3x Swiftech H20-320 Water Cooling Kits

2x Epsilon 6990 Waterblocks

3x Dell U2410 24" Monitors

2x AMD 6990 Video Cards running in Eyefinity

12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000C9

Astro Headphones 2011 w/Mixamp 2010

Logitech G19 Keyboard

Logitech G9x Mouse

LG Blu Ray Burner

External Plextor Blu Ray Reader

X-FI Titanium Champion Series PCI-E

6x 600GB 10000 RPM Western Digital Velociraptors

eVGA X58 Classified 3 Motherboard

Believe it or not your not the only one who can build a PC. You clearly are in denial because someone even posted screenshot comparisons and I posted one while in a conversation. It's a bug with the game and it's frustrating it hasn't been dealt with especially since the patch said it was.

Nice copy paste from the Steam forums.

Edited by DaniWes

I haven't spent much time on the Forums, but from what I see of FPS-related posts, people are concerned with high-res options being implemented/fixed. I think that implementing these are important, too, but low-res options are much more so. I have a mid-grade machine and cannot run this game adequately even with the lowest settings. My friend has a mid-grade machine as well and has the same problem.

Step one: Draw distance

Seriously, this is one of the most basic visual settings and one of the most crucial in achieving reasonable fps on lower-level machines. Players need more settings. We need to be able to run low AND high, and we shouldn't be crippled by fps regardless of how good our computer is(as high quality PC users have just as many fps issues as low quality). Not to mention that stacking fps issues across the board onto a game with constant character response issues is aggravating to the highest degree, and more than likely prime cause for loss of customers.

Look, I agree that we need a draw distance slider back in the game as well, since that is also something they ripped from the game before launch and it's such a stupidly easy fix for those with low end cards or CPU-limited performance that I just can't wrap my head around why they would ever want to remove it.

However that has absolutely no bearing on what we're asking for here. It does not affect those with FPS problems and here is why...

Those having FPS problems running even the Lowest settings are supposedly not using High textures at the moment. But even if they are or want to do so in the future... the very bug we're talking about here is that the High textures are currently the same as the Medium textures.

So once the bug is fixed and Medium and High textures actually look different, the option to use the "currently bugged High textures" is still in the game in the form of Medium!

So people will still have the option to use those textures if they want to.

Edited by Amarinth

Sorry, but i have all on high, selected every option available (bloom etc..) and my textures are ALWAYS like that first pic...

Screens. Please. NOBODY who has claimed that they have hi-res textures showing up has posted a single screen. For the love of god, how hard can it be?

Reading this in the patch notes gave me hope, but it turns out they didn't change a thing:

What was that about?

The high-res option is still not working. The textures are in the client, you can clearly see them in the cutscenes and they do actually look nice. I would really appreciate an official statement on this, the gear just looks horribly blurry.

From my understanding this means that if you edit your settings file to make things look better, the game overwrites it by making the settings in game the actual settings. I do not read anywhere that this was going to fix high res/quality textures.

Only thing i would like to see fixed/added is AA and better shadows... because shadows are really really really bad (they are just dark blocky patches).

Give us some screenshots.

I love how multiple people said they would provide screens of their textures actually working, and not a single one did. Hilarious.

You people that are denying the problem aren't helping in any way. It NEEDS to be known so it can be fixed already.

I hate the term "Biodrone" but really, you people that are pretending the problems don't exist should be called that.

• 2 weeks later...