We need something like Gearscore.

Gehoornde

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

Edited by Gehoornde

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not.

Yes there is. You play with them.

Gearscore wouldn't help you. It does not play with them. It gives you numbers. They can have high numbers and be super bad.

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

Actually there is plenty of way to tell if someone is "skilled" or not. Watch how they play, watch how they handle situations, watch how they react when things are not going smoothly. If you need a meter to tell you that someone isn't carrying their weight, then you probably are not carrying you're weight either. Adding a meter does not "save time" or speed anything up. A meter isn't going to deter any "non skilled" players from joining you're group.

In fact if you can not complete 80% of the content in the game currently its probably you and not someone else. A meter will have no bearing on long term unsubbing.

Bioware,

Thank you.

Screw that. Everyone knows what an abortion Gearscore was, and that it doesn't tell you anything about skill. Obvious troll.

Anyone who can't figure out if I have good gear or not just by looking at it has no business looking at my score. I'm better than he is.

Edited by imtrick

Bioware,

Thank you.

a public gear score is not needed due to /inspect... as for the people that hate add ons like this i never got yalls point of course most people only want to raid with people who will help the raid not hold them back.. slight problem is gear does not mean skill

only thing i would like to see a min gear set required to even zone into raids.... rember this is not late game expansion wow type end game where you have a few people taht are so over geared that they could carry the raid..

i see a little of what both sides are saying only thing i fear is some people dont want to admit that having atleast a recount of sorts there is no way to help bad players be better due to they would never know that they are doing bad...

Screw that. Everyone knows what an abortion Gearscore was, and that it doesn't tell you anything about skill. Obvious troll.

so please tell me what program we have ATM that tells us anything about who has skill and who does not? right now where just trusting everybody knows what they are doing and is being all they can be

Actually there is plenty of way to tell if someone is "skilled" or not. Watch how they play, watch how they handle situations, watch how they react when things are not going smoothly. If you need a meter to tell you that someone isn't carrying their weight, then you probably are not carrying you're weight either. Adding a meter does not "save time" or speed anything up. A meter isn't going to deter any "non skilled" players from joining you're group.

In fact if you can not complete 80% of the content in the game currently its probably you and not someone else. A meter will have no bearing on long term unsubbing.

I agree 100% with this, but unfortunately this would take alot of time since you can't know from 1 run. If you're an elite player like me, you can't waste time on testing people just to find out they're scrubs. So Gearscore would fasten that process alot.

so please tell me what program we have ATM that tells us anything about who has skill and who does not? right now where just trusting everybody knows what they are doing and is being all they can be

You actually have to play instead of having a program beep boop bop and automatically tell you what to do. Socialize for once.

We don't have much now, obviously, but gearscores are useless. There are so many other things that someone could have asked for that actually *would* tell you something about someone's skill that this is obviously nothing but a blatant attempt at trolling.

Like I mentioned earlier, if someone can't tell if my gear is good or not just by inspecting me, he's got no business judging me by my score. He's a bad player.

I'm a big advocate of allowing addons in this game. However, that's because I understand that it's totally up to Bioware how much access LUA (or whatever language they use) has to in-game data etc. With this in mind, I hope that when they inevitably do add addon support they restrict it so that addons like Gearscore wouldn't work.

We don't have much now, obviously, but gearscores are useless. There are so many other things that someone could have asked for that actually *would* tell you something about someone's skill that this is obviously nothing but a blatant attempt at trolling.

Like I mentioned earlier, if someone can't tell if my gear is good or not just by inspecting me, he's got no business judging me by my score. He's a bad player.

Sounds like someone's app with an elite guild was rejected. ;)

I agree 100% with this, but unfortunately this would take alot of time since you can't know from 1 run. If you're an elite player like me, you can't waste time on testing people just to find out they're scrubs. So Gearscore would fasten that process alot.

If you're an *elite* player then you dont need to worry about someone else's gearscore because you can carry them thru the quest anyways with or without them helping out.

Again, dependance on outside meters and programs are just another example of someone not being as good as they think they are.