Bioware, We need a reponse about AFK'rs

Polly_Pocket

AFK'rs in warzone matches are rampant.

AFK'rs in warzones destroy the game for everyone.

AFK'rs will decrease your bottom line, because many people will quit.

Do something, let us know you are taking care of it, get your GM's off their fat asses and have them start dropping ban hammers.

BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKES STOP LEAVING US IN THE DARK.

http://imgur.com/nvYVl The most notorious afk'r on our server, hundreds of reports have been submitted, and guess what, he's still sitting in warzones doing nothing while trolling chat.

Edited by Polly_Pocket

This is a thorn-y (lol chat filter) issue. Even Blizzard struggled to get a handle on it (and may still be).

Personally I'd like to see a few "stings" where they mass-temp-ban people and take away gear to boot. There's nothing like laying down the law to stop the casual offender. The more determined will always find a way, however.

Oh, and AFAIK Blizzard only ever did harsh penalties like that once or twice. After that they just half-arsed it (and probably still are) >.>

Edited by EwokLuvr

AFK'rs in warzone matches are rampant.

AFK'rs in warzones destroy the game for everyone.

AFK'rs will decrease your bottom line, because many people will quit.

Do something, let us know you are taking care of it, get your GM's off their fat asses and have them start dropping ban hammers.

BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKES STOP LEAVING US IN THE DARK.

http://imgur.com/nvYVl The most notorious afk'r on our server, hundreds of reports have been submitted, and guess what, he's still sitting in warzones doing nothing while trolling chat.

I remember this one time when I was in AV with 30 afkers... Took blizzard about 3 years to figure out a way to deal with it. If i see an anti afker fix in under 3 years I will be happy.

I remember this one time when I was in AV with 30 afkers... Took blizzard about 3 years to figure out a way to deal with it. If i see an anti afker fix in under 3 years I will be happy.

Sorry, but that's not good enough for today's expectations or environment.

It's not a problem on my server (haven't had an AFKer yet), but here's a bump anyway.

This is the type of thing that drove me nuts in other MMO's - AFK'ers and bots that aren't dealt with quickly and harshly tend to get me looking elsewhere.

Sorry, but that's not good enough for today's expectations or environment.

Back in my day you had to grind your rank against people! BOTH WAYS!

But seriously.

How can you say crap like that and think that its reasonable.

This is the company's first MMO and its not even PVP focused.

We all know that GW2 is going to dominate the PVP field because its going to be PVP focused and have its development team on issues like this 24/7.

PVP is a minigame in most MMOs.

Its not balanced.

Its not an Esport.

Its there for fun. And afkers ruin that and that sucks. I get that.

But to act like a story/pve based mmos has to focus on PVP as if its their priority is somewhat silly.

I love pvp. I do it at least one win a day despite being quite busy. Sometimes for hours on end. But I know its not their focus or their top priority. Right now getting the game debugged so people can finish hitting 50 and clearing raids is kinda key for them. That and making more raids/flash points.

they will deal with it... Soon

sorry noob question i guess... but how can people just go afk in the warzone? there was a timer i thought.

and do the afkers really leach that much free xp that it takes away from the people who are playing the match and making alot more xp to begin with

Haven't seen any AFK'ers in PVP, probably because u cannot be AFK in PVP.

If you are AFK u wont leave starting area wich makes u exit the match.

So they are not AFK, probably just doing nothing and chatting. Can't do much about those

Edited by RadjezZ

Doesn't anyone read the patch notes anymore?? Seriously folks?? Why create a thread about something that is addressed in the latest patch notes??

Come on now.. They post this stuff for a reason.. If you are not going to read it then I see no reason anyone should complain about stuff..

Doesn't anyone read the patch notes anymore?? Seriously folks?? Why create a thread about something that is addressed in the latest patch notes??

Come on now.. They post this stuff for a reason.. If you are not going to read it then I see no reason anyone should complain about stuff..

no.

Post it for me bro.

sorry noob question i guess... but how can people just go afk in the warzone? there was a timer i thought.

and do the afkers really leach that much free xp that it takes away from the people who are playing the match and making alot more xp to begin with

If he's trolling chat, he's not AFK. That's probably what the OP is complaining about. He's not AFK; he's just not fighting.

Edited by imtrick

Personally I'd like to see a few "stings" where they mass-temp-ban people and take away gear to boot. There's nothing like laying down the law to stop the casual offender. The more determined will always find a way, however.

TBH, I hate these "stings" (Blizzard called them "waves").

Reason is that the gameplay is screwed for everyone while they take time gathering the data.

I prefer swift, harsh bans. Heck, I'd pay an extra $5-10/month for the ability to submit reports that get quickly investigated and where they aren't afraid to toss a serious ban for bots/exploits/afks. Would have done so in WoW too back in the day had the option been there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.