Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

There is a difference between "this is what they said would happen" and what should have happened. This is the worst possible way to start an MMO.

A few of my friends are playing, I will be in tomorrow, a lot more of my friends will not be able to play for a few days. How am I supposed to level with my guild when we don't get to play on the same day?

There will be level 50's when some people are still level 1, how is that fair?

There will be people ganking those who don't start playing until the 20th.

This is terrible; I have always hated a head start program and this staggered version is a thousand times worse.

Wen you start an MMO, everyone should be starting on a level playing field and this early access hurts the gamers so much and is only in effect because it helps Bioware. I want this game to succeed so much, because I am tired of running back to WoW when every MMO in the last 7 years has failed, but SWTOR is off to a terrible start.

Alienating 90% of your fanbase on Day 1, really? That is a terrible way to try and be successful in the long run.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Three months from now none of this will even matter. We'll all be max level on one or two characters and either enjoying the end game content or searching for the next big MMO.

BioWare is actually doing us a favor with this staggered access. Imagine trying to complete quests in the start zones with several million people playing the game right now. There would be people quitting left and right just because they couldn't get anywhere. Instead, they were smart and they've got people on the edge of their seats waiting their turn.

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

this is Coming from a very pissed of customer

Wow. I had to straighten out my own friend on this very issue today, it was embarrasing. A) You payed a $5 deposit to hold your game. YOu paid it to the retailer, NOT to BioWare. B) The $5 gets deducted from your total cost, you pay NOTHING extra. C) Staggered launch has been one of the best things they've done. D) SWTOR's dev team put it out on July 21st that it WOULD be a staggered launch, there is nothing new in this. It seems many people just shrugged off the repeated calls by Reid and others that it would be first come first serve as an attempt to bolster pre-orders, and are now, like the proverbial grasshopper, being told to dance in the cold. You WILL be in before the OFFICIAL launch.

I've played MMOs since 1999, and SWTORs pre-launch thus far has been nothing short of an exemplary example of how to do this. Sorry you have to wait a couple of days.

That's like saying people who bought concert tickets first before everyone else don't deserve to have the best seats.

Actually, it's like saying EVERYONE should sit in the EXACT same section that is, without a doubt, the very best.

QQ brah. BioWare is launching this considerably better than most others I've followed.

Not anywere when i purchased the game did it say "if you preoder this, you will be waiting to get in after others who purchased it first get in"

NO place said that

And no game has done this,

Actually it did say that, just not in those exact words. If it did not mean that im curious as to what it did mean because I would like to know.

Not anywere when i purchased the game did it say "if you preoder this, you will be waiting to get in after others who purchased it first get in"

NO place said that

I can taste your tears.

Literate much?

This "debarcle" is really not much of a debacle at all... It's a buch of people who deluded themselves into thinking that what had explicitly been written was not what was going to happen simply because they wished for something else....

I can't very well be sympathetic to the people who wasted time off without knowing that they'd be in. I can't be very sympathetic to the people who want to compete for firsts but didn't bother to examine the fact that their place in Early Access was not going to allow them to compete because they didn't preorder until late.

And for those who keep ranting that the sky is falling, I'll note it's falling because you're not in the game. I'll also note that not a single person is here complaining that there are queues or latency or crashes or loot-lag or anything of the sort.

So yeah, I am sorry I am not in but given that I was literate enough to know that I would not *be* in on the first day having ordered late I have not been in any way disappointed by anything but the glaring self-centered illiterates who are upset that their world is coming crashing down around their ears because they've missed 24 hours of a game that they'll be able to play for months...

As someone else posted much earlier this morning in another whiny thread... "God forbid any of you guys ever suffer a real catastrophe."

this post should be stapled to all the whiners foreheads so they can read it, assuming they are even capable of doing so.

Yes! Total discrimination against you. If you are reading this and dont have a ticket for the ride. Or you are not THIS tall, and are not on the ride. YOU have been discriminated!!!

BIOwire is against you.

They had taken your money, you gave them a connection to your computer, your E-mail, your mailing address, and your bank account!! Also if you have a web came your just F*'ed cause now that have a picture to attach to their hit list!

OMg :eek:

lol :p

Seriously, this forum is getting better and better. People with a level head imagine what its going to be like on this forum say one or two days before the 20th??

For the people who are taking me seriously with the troll above .... just LOL

Edited by Tericc

no its people getting an advantage , which they should not be getting, we all purchased a PREORDER , why in the hell are people playing and some are not?

you apparently didn't read any thing about the pre-order ever or you would get it

This is all I hear when you speak.

now that clip was funny,

its just a game, YES it is,

its funny how people are getting so upset cause they are not getting in. yes you may have ordered a preorder like everyone else. HOWEVER if you would have read what you where buying you would have known. you MAY GET UP TO 5 days. It wasn't YOU WILL get early game play.

a pre order was ONLY for making sure you HAD the game on the 20th. (later if the game had to be shipped)

NO place said that

The order in which you redeem your Pre-order Code is the order in which you will gain Early Game Access before the game’s official release. So don’t wait and pre-order now!

from the terms when preorder

Getting in based on when you preorded is fine, but not when there's four to five days between access for people paying the same amount of money. I could see the very first people getting in today and the very last, for example, getting in Thursday. Anything more than that is completely unacceptable. Yes, they advertised you would get in based on when you redeemed your code, but there was no timetable given. All this does is devalue customers, which is never a smart business practice. Edited by Vember

There is a difference between "this is what they said would happen" and what should have happened. This is the worst possible way to start an MMO.

A few of my friends are playing, I will be in tomorrow, a lot more of my friends will not be able to play for a few days. How am I supposed to level with my guild when we don't get to play on the same day?

There will be level 50's when some people are still level 1, how is that fair?

There will be people ganking those who don't start playing until the 20th.

This is terrible; I have always hated a head start program and this staggered version is a thousand times worse.

Wen you start an MMO, everyone should be starting on a level playing field and this early access hurts the gamers so much and is only in effect because it helps Bioware. I want this game to succeed so much, because I am tired of running back to WoW when every MMO in the last 7 years has failed, but SWTOR is off to a terrible start.

Alienating 90% of your fanbase on Day 1, really? That is a terrible way to try and be successful in the long run.

First complaint. Valid. This splits up leveling with friends...

Other complaints...

If you start playing a month from now there will be lvl 50s and lvl 1s. What's your point? It's not like there is a limited amount of lvl 50s per server.

There will be people ganking REGARDLESS. BTW people will gank if they are 5 or more lvls above you, so no big deal. That's what happens when you roll on a PVP server.

Your joking right, WARHAMMER was a raging success, oh wait? LOL

seriously the trolls thinking this is right are clueless, as a poster said, i cant wait to read the tears from people when they are getting drilled by lvl 50's that got to play "earlier" on a PREORDER they purchased as well

Is that SERIOUSLY all that is important to you? Someone getting to 50 before you and ganking you wne you load into the game? Then I reccommend you play on a PVE server so as to avoid that from happening. Barring that qualm I don't see your problem. Honestly, you should have read the statement they put out when you pre-ordered the game. Not having done so is YOUR fault. Don't blame BW or EA. Sit back, take a deep breath, go outside or something and just wait your turn, man. Not hard to do. See you in game in about a week or so.

Edited by Alkic

Bioware ****ed up bad on this one, everyone is pissed off.

I think people weren't even this angry when Dragon Age 2 launched.

I'm not. Nobody I know personally is pissed off, either.

Then again, the people I hang with don't tend to think Dragon Age II was nearly as bad as the forum trolls make it out to be, either.

Edited by imtrick

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

Can I have your stuff? Wait......you're not in game yet, sorry.......

NO place said that

And that is where you are categorically wrong and probably didn't read. On July 21st, and since then, the pre-order page said. Early Access will be based on WHEN you enter your pre-order code.

Sorry you just couldn't be arsed to read it.

I really think you already understood the analogy - but if you want to split hairs...

They went to the store a week before you. So, they get to enjoy the spaghetti they bought before you do.

Or how about a person who purchases a ticket to a baseball game before you. The "section" of the seating is priced the same - but because they purchased it first, they get to sit closer to Third Base - and you are 20 rows .

Thats a sporting event..it lasts a few hours..and if I dont get the "good" seats I also pay less $$ to sit up higher...

As for your pasta...I get the same pasta and I can still eat it the day I purchased it...not told I cannot eat it up to 5 days later and I do not preoder pasta...I buy it when I want it and eat when I want it..I dont have to wait to eat it..you are talking about something you can buy and use it immediatly after

as title says.

Discrimination much?

Whnever you say "discrimination," you have to ask yourself "discrimination on the basis of what?"

If you had done that before making this thread, you would have seen why it's kind of a dumb accusation. Bioware chose just about the least discriminatory way of doing a staggered release one could hope for.

The problem was with:

1. The decision to stagger the release in the first place, while logical for Bioware and their techs, was the kind of dumb decisions computer nerds always seem to make when asked to make important social decisions.

2. The whole thing is amplified by lack of clear communication as to exactly what was happening and the inability of Bioware to give specifics that would at least let people know, "you won't get an invite until sometime Thursday-- SOMETHING to allow people to settle their own minds about when the game starts for them. Voice are always louder shouted into an empty vault, but Bioware is the one who created that communication deficit.

Edited by Mannic

as title says.

Discrimination much?

Well boo effing hoo! You should be pissed at yourself for not pre ordering sooner now **** and wait your turn