Delete any character that is not at least level 2

illgot

WoW has been going for what? 7 years? And, has what, 10 - 11 millions players.

I guarantee you I can log into any WoW server right now and create a character name within a few tries.

You are worried about a few thousand people and one day?

SWTOR forums: you will never find a more wretched hive of whiners and QQ'ers!

I guarantee you I can log into any WoW server right now and create a character name within a few tries.

Lets make it even better. Every day at midnight, if the character is not logged in or at least level 2, they get deleted.

I remember in WoW people taking up names of well known players and actually trying to sell their names back.

Edited by illgot

Haven't played WoW in over a year, and the last time I tried making a character it took me a solid 15 minutes to get a name that I found acceptable.

It only takes 5 min to get to lvl 3.

Fail= Fail.

not if you do it across every server just to restrict a name or troll other people. That is what I want to stop, not people that want to legitimately hold a name they may want to use later.

Edited by illgot

Tough ***** said the kitty. If you don't get to make a character with the name you want, tough. If it's been taken already, then chances are it wasn't even remotely unique in the first place. Use a little imagination and come up with a new handle.

Lets make it even better. Every day at midnight, if the character is not logged in or at least level 2, they get deleted.

I remember in WoW people taking up names of well known players and actually trying to sell their names back.

Had that happen to me... There will probably be issues with this, but what entitles us to "our" aliases? BioWare can't really do anything about it.

To the haters, I've been using my handle for over 12 years. I'm a little attached to it and no, it's not arggonuts.

Edited by arggonuts

That's ridiculous. So what, if I am creating a character at around 11:30pm and happen to walk away from my computer for a few minutes right before midnight all of that creation goes to waste? What about people using alts as banks? It is must more reasonable to limit the number of alts per server to say 3 (WoW's 5 is too much) and make last names mandatory. DONE, the problem is gone, just like that.

I agree with this. For some, a name is a huge deal and motivator for playing that character. Its annoying thinking there are people filling up there character slots, possibly on multiple servers with name reservations

I think you can handle it.

Had that happen to me... There will probably be issues with this, but what entitles us to "our" aliases? BioWare can't really do anything about it.

They can make it harder for people that want to take up names across all servers by implementing a deletion protocol with a low threshold (level 2).

I am all for people reserving a name on their server they wish to use later. I am not for people logging on all the servers and blocking out a whole list of popular names just to troll people or later come back and offer those names for sale.

so you want to delete my character that I created but then was called away for a family emergency and didn't get to play any more till after the official launch date?

thanks for only thinking of yourself. thanks for making me and my family feel like we impeded your enjoyment of a game.

/sarcasm off

Really just deal with it. add a 1, a 42 or a 69 to it!!!! that'd be cool! come up with a better name than dimwittwerp! (and yes you may use that if you wish I won't complain) but make it original!

Darth Freki

When will people stop making ridiculous and selfish requests that have zero chance of happening? Giving it a zero chance is generous, because that implies it will be considered and certainly rejected. It won't even be considered. Don't you have better ways of spending your time?

Besides- what super-cool name are you worried about? Oops sorry, must be a state secret.

Edited by Swatter

what gives you the right to delete other players characters because they have a job,family,obligations, heck might even do volenteer work and could not level their toons all the way....

JUST STOP, nada is gonna happen bight down and deal with it or go back to wow ***

Under normal circumstances it would be ridiculous. Under this stupid stagger access system, it's barely a good first step.

But I doubt they'll do anything like this. They just don't get it.

No, you don't get it. Bioware knows more than you or anyone does about how to stress test their own servers to ensure smooth game play at (free) launch.

Under normal circumstances it would be ridiculous. Under this stupid stagger access system, it's barely a good first step.

But I doubt they'll do anything like this. They just don't get it.

As much as it should happen (to at least save in server space) I know it won't. But I am not here posting topics to become X Popular. I'm here to stir up conversation (or what amounts to conversation on these boards).

I heard that to. Seems one guy made $1,000 by snagging a e-celebrity name before the e-celebrity himself could get it.

/shrug, If someone is stupid enough to pay real life money for a name over their pixels on the internet let them do it. Of course i'm sure his sponsors picked up part of the bill, but still.