From Fanboy to Unsub

Joejoegadget

If it makes you feel better to think that I meant that literally then be my guest. Cost is irrelevant.

Yeah, ok - whatever. Cost doesn't mean anything when the cost of an engine would buy 100 copies of the game.

It was a bad analogy. You tried to use an hyperbole-type comparison and got called on it.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't people just quit and go away if they are dissatisfied?

That's what I'd do.

Oh and yea, if you are rushing to end game 3 weeks in, perhaps you need to practice a little self-control, patience, playing timeframes or something. Otherwise, deal by zipping it or leaving quietly.

That is correct. It's a great warzone. I just don't want to play it over and over again. I'd be willing to wait an hour to play one match of NOT Huttball.

Talk the empire into losing more warzones, and the Republic will Q more. Alot of republic people have decided to stop playing war zones until something happens that will balance the two factions better. Don't tell me the two factions ARE balanced because thats BS. If the factions was 100% Equal in every possible way including the map layout. You would not see the empire win almost every match on almost every server.

Hopefully Bioware is taking note of the win/loss ratio and will address it until then republic will continue to not enter warzones. Have fun playing huttball.

LOL It's sad how consumer standards have gone way down. People don't mind paying for a unfinished product with the hopes of it being fixed later. Would you buy a car without an engine in it?

Look at what happened to Final Fantasy 14 - a company that I very much respected pushed an unfinished product and they lost so many subs that it went F2P until they fixed it. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

The problem is, this game is not unfinished. It's in fine shape. Are there bugs? Absolutely, but every game has bugs. Is the end game a little sparse? Absolutely, but that is to be expected. I would guess that 99.9% of the player base is less than 35. Bioware has plenty of time to clean up the endgame while the bulk of the players get there. By 3 months in, the majority of these problems won't be problems.

Bioware has stated that a majority of players are in the mid 30s range. And that was a couple of days ago. Now, a majority of players did not get in on day one early access (like I did.) So, I played slightly more often than some other people. In no way is that rushing through the game. And 4+ years of content? Really? 80% of the content you play is not class specific. So, rolling a new character gets you 20% new story... Not enjoyable in my opinion. And I don't want to be a goody-to-shoe republic. Also, I shouldn't have to reroll to enjoy an MMO.

He meant content that took 4+ years to make, obviously not to take 4+ years to consume.

If you don't want to play a Republic character and experience their story, that's your own decision; however, stomping your boots on the ground and crying that Republic is too goody-goody kinda dumps a bucket of mud on your whole QQ session about there not being enough content and your QQ about only getting Huttball to play. Going Republic would solve your Huttball issue and give you a completely new experience.

How is Huttball an example of faction imbalance? Unless you are referring to having to play it more frequently.

I played multiple Hutt Ball matches where there was not a single Republic player. That is a sign of faction imbalance. It led to me rolling my Smuggler on another server.

In other words you expected a completely bug free game and have never played an MMO at launch before.

Funny.....I remember playing RIFT launch and it was almost bug free, and the few that were there received patches almost every other day to help correct.

Yeah, ok - whatever. Cost doesn't mean anything when the cost of an engine would buy 100 copies of the game.

It was a bad analogy. You tried to use an hyperbole-type comparison and got called on it.

No, the poster in reference used a comparison based on principal and all you saw were dollar signs. It isn't that person's fault that you are too ignorant to see a logical comparison because you are too worried about defending a game.

TOR must suck......i mean with numbers like this it has to suck!

Over 60 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies over 4 million times

Over 850,000 Sith Warriors and over 810,000 Jedi Knights created

Over 260 million quests completed

Over 44 million PvP battles

Over 9 million space combat missions completed

Over 3 billion NPCs killed

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/23057/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Mind-Boggling-Stats.html%20/utm_campaign/MMORPG%20Newsletter/utm_source/MMORPG/utm_medium/email/eatrack/jlclark_2@msn.com,7

I played multiple Hutt Ball matches where there was not a single Republic player. That is a sign of faction imbalance. It led to me rolling my Smuggler on another server.

Thank you for being part of the solution instead of just QQing about it and expecting others to change factions instead.

especially being that 97% of the time you are playing your own faction in huttball..

GG OP..

OP fails at the game apparently..

no issues at all with responsiveness or anything else.. except a few bugs here and there.. and the BAD UI which will be changed.

I love when people say "No issues for me" well newsflash just because something isn't happening to you or you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I have never been bitten by a rabid animal before but it happens!

I did not make a mad dash to 50. I played very casually. I listened to every piece of dialogue, and thought about every response I gave. It's winter break. I finished my last exam and was home for break a day after Early Access began, and I was awake and playing with the very first wave. I've had plenty of time to play.

I don't know how many times i've explained this to people. Not to mention the fact that there have been two significant holidays which gave people plenty of time off of work to play TOR. So, I guess you would have to either be uneducated or unemployed or both not to understand this. Makes perfect sense.

Edited by Nanotech

The problem is, this game is not unfinished. It's in fine shape. Are there bugs? Absolutely, but every game has bugs. Is the end game a little sparse? Absolutely, but that is to be expected. I would guess that 99.9% of the player base is less than 35. Bioware has plenty of time to clean up the endgame while the bulk of the players get there. By 3 months in, the majority of these problems won't be problems.

See, I understand your point, I do. However, I don't want to pay $15 a month for a game that has these problems. When the problems are fixed, I may be back, who knows, but until then, I don't find it worth my money.

You quite obviously did not play vanilla WoW, but started once Blizzard had YEARS to fix their game.

Bioware just released SWTOR, they havent even had a month to fix things.

So this is just another "I WANT IT MY WAY AND I WANT IT NOW" post IMHO.

It's that kind of mentality that ruined WoW and I seriously hope Bioware does not make the same mistake and start catering to these kinds of posts.

TOR must suck......i mean with numbers like this it has to suck!

Over 60 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies over 4 million times

Over 850,000 Sith Warriors and over 810,000 Jedi Knights created

Over 260 million quests completed

Over 44 million PvP battles

Over 9 million space combat missions completed

Over 3 billion NPCs killed

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/23057/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Mind-Boggling-Stats.html%20/utm_campaign/MMORPG%20Newsletter/utm_source/MMORPG/utm_medium/email/eatrack/jlclark_2@msn.com,7

I never once said the game sucked. I said it has bugs and issues that need addressing. I'm not the only one who has seen, pointed out, or asked for a fix for these bugs or issues.

And that is a fine OPINION; and everyone is entitled to their own. It in no way, shape, or form makes your opinion more correct than someone else's because you pull arbitrary statistics out of your ***.

The fact that you consider a full priced game with a monthly fee to have acceptable bugs is your own perogative. Most people, disagree.

(And I say most because in my 11 years of MMO's I have never seen a forum with as many reports of bugs and large issues. This shows a lot more people having problems with this game than most others.)

I don't know how many times i've explained this to people. Not to mention the fact that there have been two significant holidays which gave people plenty of time off of work to play TOR. So, I guess you would have to either be uneducated or unemployed or both not to understand this. Makes perfect sense.

I'm unemployed due to a disability but I still understand it lol

There is no specific way to play a new MMO. There's the way you play (which, of course, you naively think is the RIGHT way). There's the way he plays. There's the way I play. There is a lot to like in this game. There's a lot that is a problem in this game (I'm talking fundamental issues, not things that BW is cleaning up now). Hopefully BW is paying attention to these posts.

Good post.

In other words you expected a completely bug free game and have never played an MMO at launch before.

Rift say hello

I agree with OP. Once my main gets to 50 (slow pace, im taking) I will unsubb till several fixes are done or GW2 releases, the one coming first

Ill be playing Skyrim by then (feels the same as SWTOR but free lol)

Thank you for being part of the solution instead of just QQing about it and expecting others to change factions instead.

Honestly, I understand faction imbalance is going to happen in an MMO. I really do. And I don't expect anyone to switch factions because of it. Everyone should play the faction they deem more enjoyable. However, I don't like Bioware's choice to make ONE warzone same faction. They should have known it would make that warzone overplayed on the overpopulated faction. In my opinion, every warzone should be same faction. Either all or none.

Rift say hello

I agree with OP. Once my main gets to 50 (slow pace, im taking) I will unsubb till several fixes are done or GW2 releases, the one coming first

Ill be playing Skyrim by then (feels the same as SWTOR but free lol)

no bugs, cuz no content/fun.

Bioware has stated that a majority of players are in the mid 30s range. And that was a couple of days ago. Now, a majority of players did not get in on day one early access (like I did.) So, I played slightly more often than some other people. In no way is that rushing through the game. And 4+ years of content? Really? 80% of the content you play is not class specific. So, rolling a new character gets you 20% new story... Not enjoyable in my opinion. And I don't want to be a goody-to-shoe republic. Also, I shouldn't have to reroll to enjoy an MMO.

Exactly come back later then. Even WoW didn't have a decent end game till AQ40 came out and that was well over a year after release. The expansions were much more feature filled but that is to be expected with an expansion. This is normal for a MMO launch. You want to see a game that was terribly under-content at launch, you should have played DC:UO.