Operative backstab/stun needs nerf

SlashDash

This. When I come across people who know their abilities, I get a good challenge.

LTP before whining

You mean the ability that has a 2 minute cool down

We all know to wait for an operative to strike before using this ability it SHOULD NEVER BE USED any other time right.

But whatever, not like anyone gives a **** about our opinions. Its just going to be a circle jerk of players who aren't Ops qqing, like me, and then people who play with ops or play as op calling those qqers bads. So lallalalalalala

Sadly, to some extent you're right; we're never going to convince a lot of posters that a class (or rather, a specific spec on a particular class) is broken.

The important thing is to stick to your guns, though, because a lot of people simply read and don't post, including (one hopes) various developers, and theirs are the opinions that matter, not the people currently facerolling everyone in Warzones and then undergoing the mental gymnastics necessary to justify it on the forums.

The stun time and damage from these abilities are unbelievable. Unless they are just making a living off all the low hp pools right now, but I doubt it. Reroll scoundrel

i do think the damage is HIGH.. but really they have no gap closers.. so.. i just kite them to death lol.. pop a dot on them and a slow... its GG :)

You're not dying in the stun if you have 450 expertise. Stop exaggerating.

It's actually possible to die in the stun in full champion gear. The Operative/Scoundrel needs to have full Battlemaster(valor 60 gear, for those who are uninformed) though and then he needs to Hidden Strike > Cloaking Screen(vanish) > Hidden Strike. And even then, he's using his only decent survivability cooldown offensively, which means your team can turn around and demolish him quicker than he demolished you. And to top it all off you need to use crit/surge relic and epic biochem surge adrenal to even have a chance of doing half decent damage.

Are you people saying that all that set up to simply kill one person doesn't seem excessive?

Edited by fest

It's easy to come here and say "I have x expertise and get x shot by an operative." Yet no one posts anything close to proof. There are a couple vids of people going around and killing terrible lvl 50's from 50% hp, but that's not OP that's just opportunism. That's kind of what stealth classes are all about.

I think the massive 10-50 pvp bracket has skewed the numbers on this quite a bit and I hope that once the 50-only bracket is solidified that people realize that operatives are a lot less of an issue than the 20+ nerf threads would make it seem.

It's actually possible to die in the stun in full champion gear. The Operative/Scoundrel needs to have full Battlemaster(valor 60 gear, for those who are uninformed) though and then he needs to Hidden Strike > Cloaking Screen(vanish) > Hidden Strike. And even then, he's using his only decent survivability cooldown offensively, which means your team can turn around and demolish him quicker than he demolished you. And to top it all off you need to use crit/surge relic and epic biochem surge adrenal to even have a chance of doing half decent damage.

Are you people saying that all that set up to simply kill one person doesn't seem excessive?

Agreed for the most part. Not only is this mystery operative wasting his vanish CD, he's wasting what could be another knockdown and 2 GCD's that could be used for shiv followed by laceration for potentially twice as much damage. I don't understand people who think open > vanish > open is a good idea.

• 1 month later...

im scoundrel and got full champ and some cent offgear.i dont know if they are the mirror but it feels like ops got more stuns.

im fighting with op in in warzone i go directly for him to test this. when i start with "shoot first"

with ko talent i cant make him kiss the ground and when i use "dirty kick" his resolve goes full and i use "back blast" etc. but then he vanishes using his "hidden strikes" takes me down , he uses stun then my resolve fills the half of purple , then starts backstab after 4 sec of stun he makes me stun again ( confused here ) after my resolve full i use cc breaker and he makes me stun again ... tried this in entire "alderaan civil war" and everytime the same result , i killed him few times he killed me few times but he definitly using more stuns or they abusing a bug i dont know but scoundrel doesnt got that much stun.

im scoundrel and got full champ and some cent offgear.i dont know if they are the mirror but it feels like ops got more stuns.

im fighting with op in in warzone i go directly for him to test this. when i start with "shoot first"

with ko talent i cant make him kiss the ground and when i use "dirty kick" his resolve goes full and i use "back blast" etc. but then he vanishes using his "hidden strikes" takes me down , he uses stun then my resolve fills the half of purple , then starts backstab after 4 sec of stun he makes me stun again ( confused here ) after my resolve full i use cc breaker and he makes me stun again ... tried this in entire "alderaan civil war" and everytime the same result , i killed him few times he killed me few times but he definitly using more stuns or they abusing a bug i dont know but scoundrel doesnt got that much stun.

Nope. An Op will fill your whitebar if they knock you down and then stun after.

The stun time and damage from these abilities are unbelievable. Unless they are just making a living off all the low hp pools right now, but I doubt it. Reroll scoundrel

on the other hand, if they are attacked when they are out of stealth

they kinda dies just by looking at them, ive tried most classes

exept sorc and operative and operatives i find very very fragile

unless they dont attack out of stealth. and when they do, yes they

do decent damage but as they do "awesome" dmg and are fragile

they are down in no time if they dont jump vanish really fast =)

this is a troll thread right?.... right?.... seriously? no you all are serious, geezus learn the class before you QQ about it please, ops / scoundrels have been nerfed into the dirt and you cry more because we have the skill to still kill you... L2P

Check the thread creation date.

l2read. :p

Nope. An Op will fill your whitebar if they knock you down and then stun after.

thats what im trying to figure out. how or why ... can take all the classes , doesnt matter shielded sorc or not 1 shot shield down bb half bar then he/she is dead or any other class but i can not take op's becouse of this. really ...

I'm level 50 commando. 3 champ, 2 cent. Been facing geared players for weeks but nothing ***** so blatantly as a operative.

So you want a class to be nerfed because you can't spam grav rounds on them ?

L2P dude

Fights should last more than a fdew seconds. This was World of Roguecrafts mistake in PVP and if it happens here they will lose people from the game. People want to PLAY not have stunlock, death, res, repeat. Why are gamer designers to dumb to see this?

I approve of this