Raid Frames in PvP

Jaden_Breeze

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god I hate posters like this... REPOST IT IN THE OTHER FORUM IF IT BOTHERS YOU THAT MUCH!

on topic...

Yes this is a serious problem, and in my eyes why you hardly see healers in WZ's.

The thread was moved here by a mod. I agree this is likely why there aren't many healers in warzones that and trauma owns healers sub 30, struggle at 30ish, and works fine at 50.

How to heal in PvP:

1. Look at health over player's name.

2. If low take note of their name.

3. Locate unit frame with that name.

4. If unit frame does not exist, waste 10 seconds trying to click on them while they LoS you.

5. If frame does exist click on it

6. Start healing player.

7. If player runs past a barrel or pillar, start heal again.

8. Ignore unit frame and watch health over player's name to keep track of health.

9. Rinse and repeat.

10. Try not to pull your hair out.

This is utterly ridiculous.

Healing is currently a nightmare. Unit frames need to be fixed. LoS needs to be fixed. End of story.

Dear God please update this as soon as possible. I'm tired of looking at the name of the player that is fighting then trying to find their name on the raid frame to heal them...

I didn't play a healer in CB but if I had knew this would happen I wouldvt made a healer a bit later X_X

I've noticed that the bug correlates to the time the people entire the WZ.

As in, say one of your guildies is in a cutscene and accepts the invite at say 20 seconds left rather than instantly, there's a good chance they won't be on the raid frame list at all.

This really sucks, esp when I'm having to try and manually click them while reds jump all around me and them.

Launch has been really very buggy imo.

I've noticed that the bug correlates to the time the people entire the WZ.

This is 100% true, we found this to be true in beta also. If you join the game immediately after it pop your frames work 90% or so of the time... if you join a game in progress your frames are likely to bugged 90% of the time. There is a magic number I think its about a 20 sec window, after that your WZ frames are typically bugged.

This is 100% true, we found this to be true in beta also. If you join the game immediately after it pop your frames work 90% or so of the time... if you join a game in progress your frames are likely to bugged 90% of the time. There is a magic number I think its about a 20 sec window, after that your WZ frames are typically bugged.

Considering I have encountered this issue in PvE as well, albeit only once - i would suggest that its a slightly more complicated answer than that :)

How to heal in PvP:

1. Look at health over player's name.

2. If low take note of their name.

3. Locate unit frame with that name.

4. If unit frame does not exist, waste 10 seconds trying to click on them while they LoS you.

5. If frame does exist click on it

6. Start healing player.

7. If player runs past a barrel or pillar, start heal again.

8. Ignore unit frame and watch health over player's name to keep track of health.

9. Rinse and repeat.

10. Try not to pull your hair out.

This is utterly ridiculous.

Healing is currently a nightmare. Unit frames need to be fixed. LoS needs to be fixed. End of story.

This.

Please fix asap !

Considering I have encountered this issue in PvE as well, albeit only once - i would suggest that its a slightly more complicated answer than that :)

If you look through my posts in this thread you'll see I go into more detail... Yes its a complicated problem... so much so they wont add it to their.... KNOWN ISSUES thread.

They need to fix it regardless, however if you want to deal with the issue less often take your PVP Q's immediately as soon as they pop.

Fortunately I have not had too many UI issues outside of warzones, those that occurred could be fixed with control UU or relog.

Edited by Rabbican

Fix this, please!

I can't believe an issue like this would make it past the first few weeks of beta. :mad:

My raid frames are working just fine. I see health jumping up and down instantly. Not quite sure what you guys are talking about. Maybe it has something to do with your FPS or internet speeds?

The only thing I wish they would change is the range finder. There needs much better visuals for this IMHO. Sucks when you try and heal somebody thats just out of your range.

Well good for you. You are like the only person i have seen say raid frames work for them in warzones. I am betting you are wrong though and either don't heal or are thinking we are talking about raid frames in pve.