Orange Custom items uselss at level 50 for pvp

Vicid

This is really not an issue in the long term, short term yes, but not over months or years.

Orange gear can be crafted with Augment slots, if the crafted item was a crit. Those augment slots can be filled with +34 Expertise augments; however I don't know how hard it will be to come by expertise augments.

Over time players will be able to replace their purple PvP gear for better orange critted gear. I've run some numbers and that's the route I'm taking; for now the Purple PvP gear is a great starting point, but no where near where I want to look when I'm done with my gear.

My goal is to get at least an orange helm and legs that I like the look of, in 1 year.

Super secret new appearance deal, remember? We aren't allowed to have the "match to chest" option because of the super secret new deal, remember? Just take pictures and laugh "sometime in the future" from now at how stupid you looked because its funny, right?

Super secret...

I'd guess that Expertise augments don't exist.

There's no way to buy pvp mods with Expertise - all expertise is attached to the 'armor' slot which you can't remove on purple gear (and all 50 pvp gear is purple)