Marking Targets?

Sauram

How do you mark targets? I've tried right-clicking the enemy portrait, but nothing happens when I do. I've also looked through the keybindings to see what keys are default set up for this, but again I can't find anything. I came here read through the game manual and that wasn't any help either. So here I am awaiting the newb flaming.

Does this forum not have a Search Feature? I looked but it's not jumping out at me.

if u mean marking by putting a marker over the targets head to let other players know who to attack or cc the u target the enemy and right click his portrait it will then show u different symbols. Then click symbol u want to use... I like using lightening bolt for cc... So no one attacks that npc... Hope that helps....

That is exactly what I'm talking about, but for some reason it doesn't work when I try. Nothing happens when I right-click on the portrait. Anybody else have an issue like this, or must I be doing something wrong?

Thanks Ash. One thing I just thought of. Because I'm new to MMO and tanking, I haven't tried this when grouped yet (don't want to scare away a group cause it's hard enough getting one). I have tried to "practice" while soloing through some quest. So is it possible that you must be grouped before marking becomes available by right-clicking the portrait?:confused:

Bump so I could subscribe. Can anybody with game access test my theory for me? I'm at work.

The theory, "You can not set markers above enemy heads if you are not in a group." Yes I realize you don't need to do it if you are not grouped, but It would be nice for those new to MMO's to be able to apply this in a solo situation just for learning/experimenting.

It's probably a group feature that you can't use on your own. I think you need to be the group leader to do it. So if you're not in a group, you're not a group leader.

Yes it is a group feature, but unlike a lot of games you don't have to be the group leader to use it.

There is also a social item you can purchase that will put a small marker over a mobs head that can be used solo or in a group.

I'm not in game for another couple hours at least, but here's a thread for alternative marking methodology:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=122657

It's only real value is going to be with kill orders though, unless you setup the number translations beforehand (or if /mark can use letters? like "/mark CC"??)

Thanks for the link didnt know about the text commands, though I dont think he is saying they put numbers over the heads just each graphical picture has an associated number.