January 23 2012 will be the greatest day for SWTOR

skorpius

Or bioware have been steadily increasing the server caps to try and spread the population out a bit more evenly? That said I regularly get alerts that my server Trask Ulgo is full on the android server status app I use on my tablet. I guess we will see once the end of the initial free period is up. Me I'll be here bought the game twice plus a 60 day timecard on origin = me a happy bunny for 4 months!

I seriously doubt it.

Have fun being the only happy bunny on your server.

1m box sales x $60 = $60,000,000

Am I doing it wrong?

Yes because you forgot the price of CE, and digital CE. So not all $60.

regardless an MMO, to spite what most of you think, DOES NOT NEED 4 million people to be successful. Look at EVE. People will leave, servers may merge, but those that stay will have a good community the likes wow could never imagine. Also WOW needs server merges themselves look at some of their low population realms they refuse to close.

it'll be interesting to see the population numbers after this group leaves.

...and return in like 3 months because they're sick of panda's and want to see how BW is doing in the meantime.

I'm simply amazed by how many forum warriors are butthurt because this game isn't Skyrim+WoW+SWG+Rift+Mass Effect 3.5 all combined in one. It's simply hilarious ;p They'll all return after getting their assess whooped by rogue panda's and finding out that Guild Wars 2 runs even worse on their systems than this does. By that time we'll be 6 months along and this game has evolved a tiny step further.

What y'all don't understand is this:

Whining is a form of passion... Nobody here really cares that they spent 60 bucks on this game if it fails... They've spent MORE than enough time in it already to have made up for that cash x3. The fact that they're all so elaborately (spelling) whining means they care... They are so in love that they experience a pure form of hatred...

The dark side lurks everywhere...

Edited by FuryNL

If you think that will stop the QQing, you are mistake.

Since only people with an active sub can post, it'll definitely improve the signal to noise ratio.

However, there will always be people shaking their tiny fists in impotent rage on the forums. Hell, that's how you know it's an MMO.

Yea people leaving after 30 free days will not stop the internet bad reviews at all. as well as outside soruces and their web sites for gaming/software reviews.

Its Nieve to think other wise.

What bad reviews?

Do you mean Metacritic? Do you know how little the user opinion has ever mattered to anyone (answer is not at all).

Other sites are giving it an 8/10 at the most, and a 95/100 at the most.

They aren't "bad", but they see TORs glaring errors that really hinder the enjoyment of the game.

Problems that can be fixed, but TOR might loose too many people too early for it to matter.

$100-$300 million dollars down the drain on January 23d. Can't wait for gw2 you guys.

You can't actually believe that; all the investment groups are saying at most Bioware will lose .5% that is a half of a percent and by all accounts the subscriber base is still growing so at the very least it will be the same number but more than likely there will be a higher number then the 1.5 million.

This will be the day after the free 30 days of play time will be over. That means all the WoW fanbois will be leaving and going back to rescue the Panda's. Then we can read these forums without sifting through the 1000's of QQing post.

What's with all the panda hate? Do SWTOR fans really think we don't have equally as stupid looking creatures in our galaxy?

1m box sales x $60 = $60,000,000

Am I doing it wrong?

Very wrong. Only a percentage of that price makes it back to Bioware from the retailers. Figure the retailers probably make 5-10 bucks on each sale give or take a bit. So factor that in, and you shed between 5 and 10 million dollars, if not more (not sure what the bulk rate price is, so can't give a firm estimate of the actual resalers cost to buy the game to resell).

But yeah.. BW and EA have NOT made back their initial expenses yet. They probably won't for at minimum several months, most likely a year or two.

~S

What's with all the panda hate? Do SWTOR fans really think we don't have equally as stupid looking creatures in our galaxy?

No, but MoP is a sign that Blizzard is really running out of ideas, and fast.

Deathwing was kind of grasping at straws, this is just pathetic.

Yes. You are not factoring in the other box sales. DD and CE were much more.

so we will go and say they have sold 2million or so copies, if they were all CC/DD that would only make $320,000,000 so lets break it down and say 1.2million were normal copies

that would be $72,000,000

throw in the other 800k CE/DD

that would bring in $128,000,000

bringing the total to $200,000,000

if they spent the disgusting 300million people are spouting off they have lost money and if not all those 2million people stay where will they get the money to pay for expansions with all that expensive voice over work?

mind you these numbers are hypothetical only Bioware would know the real numbers.

$100-$300 million dollars down the drain on January 23d. Can't wait for gw2 you guys.

This^

I'm going to sub for 3 months just out of curiosity to see how much BW/EA can accomplish. I have a feeling though BW/EA are so compartmentalized that they won't get much done.

Some executive of game design has put his foot down and no underling is going to tell him different.....even while the game bleeds subs.

It's obvious to me that BW has really bad leadership at this point in BW history.

Funny fact:

eventhough my server is right now ''very heavy'' (where it used to say ''full with along queue'') there are 3x more people in either of the fleets ánd I don't hear any whining there at all, except for minor stuff.

They've increased server capacity greatly.

Greetings!

We strive to keep these forums a place for constructive discussion about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread seems to be more about negativity on the forums and talk of other games, we are closing this thread for being off-topic.

We encourage conversation about the game itself and thank you for your cooperation!