The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

this is an mmo right?

bukla

WRONG

WRONG

Poeple who play to PVP are being put at a huge disadvantage straight up, we will have weeks of being at a disadvantage due to this JOKE, they call a release.

You didn't respond to my argument at all, thats just a straw man.

Thats going to happen no matter what. If they let everyone in at once, the people sitting in Queues for 5 hours would have a disadvantage against the people who didn't have Queues because they logged on at midnight.

I dare you again.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychological effects are an extremely powerful tool. Also when everyone is sitting in a que or getting lag... At least you are still in the game and can look at it. At the moment 80%+ of the playerbase doesn't even have the pretty scenery to occupy their enthusiasm.

I guess you don't remember the 11/11 and Thanksgiving beta weekends.

Oh noes! I will never be able to have the number one guild now! I can not name my toon "solo"! I skipped skool and now I can not play SWTOR! My friend Kenny got to play before I did and that is so not fair: he will always be 3 levels ahead of me! Mooooom could you please call Bioware and tell them they ruined my life?

Thats going to happen no matter what. If they let everyone in at once, the people sitting in Queues for 5 hours would have a disadvantage against the people who didn't have Queues because they logged on at midnight.

I dare you again.

In your scenario everyone has an equal chance to log in at midnight and avoid the que. Explain how 80% of the players have an equal change to avoid the que at the moment?

In your scenario everyone has an equal chance to log in at midnight and avoid the que. Explain how 80% of the players have an equal change to avoid the que at the moment?

That is true, but it doesn't change the fact that the 20% of the players that got in at midnight are going to have an unfair advantage over everyone else.

I understand that WE ALL want a chance to play the game now. But these people complaining about competitive balance in PVP and PVE, Leveling and Crafting are fooling themselves because it is impossible for everyone to be on an equal playing field at launch.

It was stated long ago there will be no rewards for server/world firsts in swtor. They are counter to what the game is based around. The devs want people to enjoy the story and explore the world. A mad dash to 50 is not the main focus in the game so might as well take your time and enjoy the ride.

This. Always this. Forever this.

That is true, but it doesn't change the fact that the 20% of the players that got in at midnight are going to have an unfair advantage over everyone else.

I understand that WE ALL want a chance to play the game now. But these people complaining about competitive balance in PVP and PVE, Leveling and Crafting are fooling themselves because it is impossible for everyone to be on an equal playing field at launch.

by choice or circumstances not handled by the game. however the initial argument stipulates that IF the game was released to all at the same time THEN it would be a persons choice to not powerlevel or PvP....

your argument in no way attempts to complete that contract first and therefore cannot actually hold salt

I can say I will never understand why people are so worried about what other people do or if they are ahead of them.

I agree, all these wow kiddies are going to just work to blast through the levels and will miss all this game was designed for. the voice acting, the story and the game play.

personally i will be happy when i can play again. lots of entertainment to come im sure of it.

all this talk of server firsts is still stupid. there will always be someone who will do what they can to blast to level 50 as fast as possible...

oh ya so about the pvp bug that has made people to be level 30+ already. lets discuss that. you want to talk about falling behind thats the story you should talk about not the omg i cant get in yet.

The equation is probably scribbled on a napkin somewhere in a restaurant at the end of the universe. So my money is on the answer being 42! Edited by GalacticKegger

I can say I will never understand why people are so worried about what other people do or if they are ahead of them.

Have you looked at the world recently. By definition, life and the process of evolution is about getting ahead of other people/species. There is a million examples of this... Grades in school or any ranking system. Politicians, people trying to get a promotion, athletic competitions, the list goes on. There is also a simple emotion called envy...

Why would people completely turn on nature when playing a game?

I will admit that in real life its not as extreme as in videogames sometimes, but you cant deny that the majority of societies in the world are based on this idea.

If you do deny this, please explain why you are not a person living off the land with no contact with any sort of money. (if you are such a person, my apologies... how are you on the internet?)

Edited by Xassifax

by choice or circumstances not handled by the game. however the initial argument stipulates that IF the game was released to all at the same time THEN it would be a persons choice to not powerlevel or PvP....

your argument in no way attempts to complete that contract first and therefore cannot actually hold salt

Do you really think that just because a person isn't interested in powerleveling and PVP that they won't be signing in at midnight to enjoy the game? And those people that just want to enjoy the game are taking the same valuable server spots away from the "Hardcore" audience.

you can't deny that either way Bioware did this, the complaints and protests would be equal. There is no way to do this release without pissing off people. You will either get the Hardcore (minority) population upset with staggered release, or you will get everyone else upset (majority) because they are forced to lose sleep in order to play a video game and if they don't then they will be on the forums complaining during their 6 hour Queue.

WRONG

top end guilds expect more from a company, then this rubbish they have produced with staggering.

Regardless. Why are people complaining about this issue now? The months of advanced warning, and apparent intentions of BioWare in releasing the game in this manor is all of a sudden a news flash?

Thousands of the same threads popping up, because people can't read? Or, is it because they 'think' when they pre-ordered in Nov they would be among the first in? These world-first arguments are void simply, because the implementation of early release was a well known fact. If you wanted to a part of world firsts in SW:TOR you would have been standing in line when they released their pre-orders.

Guilds have been on here for years waiting, and building their numbers to be the FIRST. You think because, you come from another game you are entitled to be among the first? Next time come prepared.

The time for your complaints about how you couldn't comprehend the information put out months prior to this day is over with. If you wanted to be "World First" you should have been better prepared.

The End.

I agree, all these wow kiddies are going to just work to blast through the levels and will miss all this game was designed for. the voice acting, the story and the game play.

personally i will be happy when i can play again. lots of entertainment to come im sure of it.

all this talk of server firsts is still stupid. there will always be someone who will do what they can to blast to level 50 as fast as possible...

oh ya so about the pvp bug that has made people to be level 30+ already. lets discuss that. you want to talk about falling behind thats the story you should talk about not the omg i cant get in yet.

so totes missed the point. a lot could give two about that stuff and want to play the mmo. not the single player rpg wrapped in mmo. plus there is room for both here, let the players decide how they want to play the game. do not insist on it.

the PvP thing is sad.

Do you really think that just because a person isn't interested in powerleveling and PVP that they won't be signing in at midnight to enjoy the game? And those people that just want to enjoy the game are taking the same valuable server spots away from the "Hardcore" audience.

you can't deny that either way Bioware did this, the complaints and protests would be equal. There is no way to do this release without pissing off people. You will either get the Hardcore (minority) population upset with staggered release, or you will get everyone else upset (majority) because they are forced to lose sleep in order to play a video game and if they don't then they will be on the forums complaining during their 6 hour Queue.

people complain it is nature. i will defer to the minority having options in selection of realms. the stress test weekend allowed for 2mil to play. it worked there was some outrageous wait times on certain servers but again choice comes onto play there. the greatest estimate to date has 1.1 mil pre orders almost half of what we know they can handle.

I will concede that fact that people will complain.

I maybe wrong, but isn't the whole point of view of your post a bit flawed Bukla?

Even accepting that world first kill are the most important thing for some people in an MMO even to the point, that they skip all the parts, that the devs themselves considered to be the important aspect and the main difference to other MMORPGs.

In the end the ones that would have a right to complain, are the ones that actually made it onto the servers on day one, because noone will take their "achievement" seriously.

Every other guild will just claim its because of the headstart and so you have gained nothing. no respect, no fame, no cookies. Being the first is only something of worth, if there is a abundant and equally placed competition. Without it you have done nothing except spoiling your own fun, because you had to rush to the end for well nothing.

Edited by Laverre

Your whole point is moot. Any top-end guild that would be competing for a world first kill would have had all their players pre-order on day one. If they didn't they're not a top-end guild. So they're all going to be on the same playing field.

And really, that's what you strive for... "World firsts" in a video game? There really is more to life people.

By definition, progression is doing something FIRST. .

False. Progression is moving forward, it has nothing to do with "first". Period.

why do we need the 1,426th thread of whining and hand wringing? You people represent 1/10 of 1% of the gaming community, and you're not being catered to. Deal with it.

I maybe wrong, but isn't the whole point of view of your post a bit flawed Bukla?

Even accepting that world first kill are the most important thing for some people in an MMO even to the point, that they skip all the parts, that the devs themselves considered to be the important aspect and the main difference to other MMORPGs.

In the end the ones that would have a right to complain, are the ones that actually made it onto the servers on day one, because noone will take their "achievement" seriously.

Every other guild will just claim its because of the headstart and so you have gained nothing. no respect, no fame, no cookies. Being the first is only something of worth, if there is a abundant and equally placed competition. Without it you have done nothing except spoiling your own fun, because you had to rush to the end for well nothing.

flawed? no. incomplete? maybe. my point was to draw attention to the hardcore and the fellowship of mmos. you have made another valid point for the former.

Regardless. Why are people complaining about this issue now? The months of advanced warning, and apparent intentions of BioWare in releasing the game in this manor is all of a sudden a news flash?

Thousands of the same threads popping up, because people can't read? Or, is it because they 'think' when they pre-ordered in Nov they would be among the first in? These world-first arguments are void simply, because the implementation of early release was a well known fact. If you wanted to a part of world firsts in SW:TOR you would have been standing in line when they released their pre-orders.

Guilds have been on here for years waiting, and building their numbers to be the FIRST. You think because, you come from another game you are entitled to be among the first? Next time come prepared.

The time for your complaints about how you couldn't comprehend the information put out months prior to this day is over with. If you wanted to be "World First" you should have been better prepared.

The End.

This

5 chars

people complain it is nature. i will defer to the minority having options in selection of realms. the stress test weekend allowed for 2mil to play. it worked there was some outrageous wait times on certain servers but again choice comes onto play there. the greatest estimate to date has 1.1 mil pre orders almost half of what we know they can handle.

I will concede that fact that people will complain.

The 2 million number is not correct in the context you are using it in. This is the statement from multiple articles about the beta:

"In total, Bioware confirmed that 2 million users participated in the testing of Star Wars the Old Republic. Specifically for the thanksgiving weekend, 750,000 unique users signed in throughout the 3-day testing period."

The 2 million is throughout the course of the beta. the 750,000 unique users is spread out through three days during the stress test, not 750,000 online at once either. I for one was one of them, and my computer crashed after playing for 2 hours and I missed the whole weekend. I was one of those unique users.

At least we can agree that people will complain. Someone will always be left out and very few will just sit there and twiddle their thumbs instead of making threads to complain like we are seeing by the HUNDREDS today.

It's part of the mental illness that makes up 75% or more of the American population. Value as a human being is being defined as how much stuff you have, or as long as you have more stuff (including "firsts") than the guy next to you you must be a better person, have more value to society, be more worthy of whatever ill gotten gains you have (that's why people are proud of what they get from cheating, too).

It's pretty sad.. but there you have it.