Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax

You have a preorder code.

The emails with the game codes -- the "we took the rest of your money, here's the full game" code -- are supposed to go out from the 16th.

Note that you do not need a game code to get into Early Access.

OK, where did you get that 16th date? I've entered my early access code, but haven't received the game code to sign up for a subscription and patch the game to so I can actually login and take advantage of the early access.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my local Gamestop on the 8th as well. Printed out my receipt but didnt have the Early Access code on it. Manager looked it up & there was a note, she said, saying they'd stopped giving out early access codes on sep. 13th. I asked if that was chainwide or just her store & she said chainwide cuz her store had gotten zero pre-order requests for it until I'd come along.

Grats, I think. ;)

Weird, we got ours with the code on it on Dec. 8th put it in on our account page and it worked. Now we are just patiently waiting for our invite.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy back on 10/20. Got my code about 5 mins after my order was confirmed. I did, however, hear similar rumors regarding Gamestop no longer offering codes at that time so I too avoided ordering through them (even though they're usually my defauly for physical purchases). Also, please don't take this the wrong way but .. Origin = better support? For reals? You do know that's EA, right? :rolleyes:

Well, I didn't go to the physical Best Buy store, I called the nearest one & talked to the mgr. of the dept. After going to Gamestop (tho I did call beforehand & still they messed it up) & wasting time, I didn't wanna do that again. But ya, Gamestop was my default also, too bad for them.

Ya, EA's CS has wronged me before (for a billing error in Warhammer) but I'm hoping the CS for Origin is better seeing as how all they do is games & only EA games at that. ;)

OK, where did you get that 16th date? I've entered my early access code, but haven't received the game code to sign up for a subscription and patch the game to so I can actually login and take advantage of the early access.

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q399959

There's a Q for Origin digital preorders in that section.

I pre-ordered my Game from Origin.com. When do I receive my Product Registration Code?

(... physical order info...)

If you pre-ordered a digital version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.com billing system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting on December 16th and the official Game Product Registration Code of your digital edition will be emailed to the email address associated with your pre-order starting on December 16th at 8:00AM PST.

If you go to the "Pre-Order" area of your account here, you should be able to download the client, if you don't have it, and patch it. You don't need your game code for that. Then it's just a matter of waiting for your Play button to stop being grayed out :)

You should really make every attempt not to flame someone else's post, if you yourself, don't understand proper spelling and grammar.

No one cares about your estimates to be quite honest. Generally, someone whom (who) cannot even capitalize or use proper grammar, is not too educated in other subject matters; such as, mathematics, statistics, or probability. It is, essentially, now known, that all of the preorders will be in by tomorrow's last wave.

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game

Near the bottom of the page is a FAQ for origin orders, it gives you that date.

Thanks OP for a great post.

I was wondering what the difference is between these two dates in my account info:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

10.22.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Has anyone answered that question already?

The 10-22 is your pre-order registration, the 11-2 is on everyone's account and is just permissions to patch the client.

You should really make every attempt not to flame someone else's post, if you yourself, don't understand proper spelling and grammar.

No one cares about your estimates to be quite honest. Generally, someone whom (who) cannot even capitalize or use proper grammar, is not too educated in other subject matters; such as, mathematics, statistics, or probability. It is, essentially, now known, that all of the preorders will be in by tomorrow's last wave.

You know, I usually try to be nice on forums, but seriously? You want to go there? That was some intense comma abuse. :|

And now back to our regularly scheduled bump of a useful thread...

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q399959

There's a Q for Origin digital preorders in that section.

If you go to the "Pre-Order" area of your account here, you should be able to download the client, if you don't have it, and patch it. You don't need your game code for that. Then it's just a matter of waiting for your Play button to stop being grayed out :)

Thanks, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I was in the Nov 25-28 beta so I've already downloaded the client and have been staring at the play button waiting for it to light up.

Very disappointed about the emails starting on Dec 16 at 8:00 AM PST. There's no reason why they couldn't have started this process earlier considering it's an all electronic transaction. Oh well, will give my new video card and RAM an extra day to arrive.

Weird, we got ours with the code on it on Dec. 8th put it in on our account page and it worked. Now we are just patiently waiting for our invite.

Ya that is weird. Looks like we'll be getting into Early Access around same time tho. Cya on the battlefield. :)

11.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

so maybe 12.15.11 or 12.16.11

Hopefully sooner then later

Very disappointed about the emails starting on Dec 16 at 8:00 AM PST. There's no reason why they couldn't have started this process earlier considering it's an all electronic transaction. Oh well, will give my new video card and RAM an extra day to arrive.

Yeah, I don't know why the 16th was the magic number, given that the EU retail stores are selling on the 15th -- if it was a matter of keeping everyone equal or something. Who knows. :rolleyes:

(Yay for new hardware!)

Gamestop let me preorder prior to the official preorder announcement, of course I didn't get a key for preorder at that time. My own stupid fault that I didn't go back to get the preorder code until early November at which point they were unable to give me one, claiming their systems were down, more specifically they said when they clicked on the link to get me a code it said that there was an internal server error.

I went back every day for the next five days, their servers still had the same issue. Guy at Gamestop told me to call their customer service line, which I did but they couldn't help me immediately. They opened a ticket and assigned it to their technical support staff, claimed I would get a call back the next day regarding it. I let a few days pass and called them back, they claimed they were still working on it. I finally got fed up with their crap and cancelled my preorder and got one from Best Buy online, received the preorder code the same day I ordered the CE (Nov 17th).

Funny part is I just now got the code from the Gamestop technical support department yesterday. Totally useless to me now though, sadly.

Here's hoping that the November crowd gets in tomorrow.. :)

Never preordering from Gamestop again, only issue I have now is I ordered site to store from Best Buy and they aren't having a midnight release :( Oh well..