Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another thread a poster wrote people who ordered online through Origin would receive an email with their code "after the 16th". Has anyone who bought the DDL already received the email with their code and been granted access? Thanks

Received code & been granted access are 2different things, though.

I received my code 30mins after my order went through @Origin. Now if you mean receive their 'granted access' email after the 16th specifically for ALL Origin pre-orders regardless of their pre-order date, then we might have some problems.

Curious as well. I'd found out that when pre-ordering from Best Buy, you'd get your Early Access code "towards the end of Early Access" per the words of a manager. Gamestop had stopped giving out Early Access codes to anyone who pre-ordered after Sep. 13th. So those 2 were out of the equation. So too were Wal-Mart & Target cuz I just didn't trust them for a big pre-order like this (since gaming isn't all they do).

So I went w/Origin hoping I'd get the best support. :(

Edited by migbot

I did the DDL through origin and got my code right away,,not sure what that "other poster" was talking about....Sadly, I did not decide to play until Dec. 2. Hopefully **crosses fingers** last wave tomorrow?

What you received right away was the pre-order code, not the final code to register the game to patch and access it.

Excellent post, thank you.

In another thread a poster wrote people who ordered online through Origin would receive an email with their code "after the 16th". Has anyone who bought the DDL already received the email with their code and been granted access?

Thanks

I got my code, but have no access. In fact, on my account page it shows where my code is registered but when I try purchase a subscription it says my code needs to be put in. I am already ticked off about this fiasco of a launch, but when I do get my email and it tells me my code is invalid I will really be ticked off enough to take it to the BBB.

I got my code, but have no access. In fact, on my account page it shows where my code is registered but when I try purchase a subscription it says my code needs to be put in. I am already ticked off about this fiasco of a launch, but when I do get my email and it tells me my code is invalid I will really be ticked off enough to take it to the BBB.

You have a preorder code.

The emails with the game codes -- the "we took the rest of your money, here's the full game" code -- are supposed to go out from the 16th.

Note that you do not need a game code to get into Early Access.

Edited by Jenovan

Curious as well. I'd found out that when pre-ordering from Best Buy, you'd get your Early Access code "towards the end of Early Access" per the words of a manager. Gamestop had stopped giving out Early Access codes to anyone who pre-ordered after Sep. 13th. So those 2 were out of the equation. So too were Wal-Mart & Target cuz I just didn't trust them for a big pre-order like this (since gaming isn't all they do).

So I went w/Origin hoping I'd get the best support. :(

I pre-ordered from Best Buy back on 10/20. Got my code about 5 mins after my order was confirmed. I did, however, hear similar rumors regarding Gamestop no longer offering codes at that time so I too avoided ordering through them (even though they're usually my defauly for physical purchases). Also, please don't take this the wrong way but .. Origin = better support? For reals? You do know that's EA, right? :rolleyes:

Anywho, here's to hoping tomorrow sees us October folks getting our early access. Cheers!

My wife and I got our early access code from Game Stop on Dec. 8th.

I went to my local Gamestop on the 8th as well. Printed out my receipt but didnt have the Early Access code on it. Manager looked it up & there was a note, she said, saying they'd stopped giving out early access codes on sep. 13th. I asked if that was chainwide or just her store & she said chainwide cuz her store had gotten zero pre-order requests for it until I'd come along.

Grats, I think. ;)

I was wondering what the difference is between these two dates in my account info:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

10.22.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Has anyone answered that question already?

Thanks for making this thread and bump for you! I was one of those people that preordered July 21st, but just recently realized the early access code was buried in the e-mail thats been sitting in my email since then. I just registered it officially yesterday >.> I'll update when I get in as well.

So you purchased your pre-order & have entered your code? You're good 'cuz they're emailing invites based on when you entered that code on your account here. You can't purchase a subscription until you enter your 'game launch' code when the game's released on the 20th. None of us here in NA have gotten any of those yet, as it'll come in your box or in an email if you downloaded digitally.

No need to stress. Now take a deep breath, you'll get your email like the rest of us. :)