MorningMusume's Mean Mitigation Spreadsheet

MorningMusume

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for spending the time on this worksheet.

While I haven't spent a lot of time with this worksheet yet, it seems to be geared towards PvE decisions. Do you believe this worksheet for builds holds true for PvP situations, knowing that Tech and Force attacks are not shieldable?

Thank you for spending the time on this worksheet.

While I haven't spent a lot of time with this worksheet yet, it seems to be geared towards PvE decisions. Do you believe this worksheet for builds holds true for PvP situations, knowing that Tech and Force attacks are not shieldable?

Don't think so... but you can try to force shield and defense to 0 and compare for tech/force. Armor works anyway...

And btw, the relic discussion was a page ago.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, first off Thank You Very Much for the work you put into this. I was trying to do something similar but couldn't get the formulas right. Yours is so far ahead of what I wanted to do that its easier to help polish yours than start a new one.

On that note there are quite a few bugs when changing from Powertech to Vanguard with respect with skill names and some skills returning #Value (Threath A29 and A30 with Ion Cell) and mostly with the DPS sheet as far as weapon DPS (Stockstrike and Full Auto being the biggest diff from sheet to actual dps values)

Here is my stats as shield vanguard ingame numbers vs your sheet. Hope that helps you pin point some errors and improve it for everyone.

Mitigation

armor 8030

Def Rat 201

Shld Rat 85

Abs Rat 41

LvL 50

Skills (all 2's and 5 for counterattack and 0 for nightvission

T4 Suppercommando Yes

Mean Mitigation 62.92

Threat

Aim 1344

Cunning 140

Power 250

TPower 975

Acc 324

Crit & Surge 0

WepDmg Min 249 Max 462

Raid Buffs (all no/0)

Class Vanguard

Cylinder Ion Shield

New Build Shield 3 2 2 3 2 1 2 2 1 Tactics 2 3 Assault 0 2 %Shld 0

Skill Comparison Single Target

Blank (Fire Pulse) #Value

HS 628-779 (ingame) 748.24 (Sheet)

SS 1380-1420------2194.91

FA 723-829---------2518.93

SG 1154-1217-----1416.90

HI 1388-1591------1595.75

PC 2258---------------2760.80

IP 803-871---------1023.81

HB does not have---4171.50

ES 520-586--------- 264.08

ER 899-908---------1082.48

EB 829-888--------- 968.67

G does not have---1883.34

IR does not have---2212.47

HP Threat------------2576.00

IC 663--------------- 264.08

CD -------------------- 167.26

These stats is with my pvp gear since i'm trying to maximize dps without changing my tanking spec. I can provide my Naked stats and my PvE gear stats if it will help.

Again Thank You for all the work you've already done.

Edited by Gunblades

The sheet might be a bit flawed when it comes to the Shield/absorb trinket. I know you placed Absorb very high on the list, but through great shield, the better your odds of getting that much absorb using the trinket. I've also noticed our EH greatly increase thanks to having both this trinket and high Shield/absorb values. I essentially last longer and can mitigate more than an evenly geared 26k HP Juggernaut with barely 21k (buffed) HP. The Enhancement which provides no Accuracy but in term provides Shield/Absorb is much better than even the Rakata version, despite it providing Defense. Which is BIS for a PT. I'll link the BIS implant, but it's certainly not the Rakata version.

I actually couldn't find it, but it's called Veracity Nano-Optic Response Implant [Mastercraft]. The [Mastercraft] of course meaning it has an augment slot, which I used an Endurance augment, to help with the lack of Endurance the higher Implants give.

Using both the trinket and high Shield values, despite DR, I've found my actual mitigation to be a much higher value than your MM value provides. Which has an almost guaranteed uptime thanks to my having over 50% shield chance.

This might need to be looked into further.

• 5 weeks later...
What's the deal with endurance vs absord/defense?

From my personal experience I had 24k HP at one point in my tanks life and I had a serious problem keeping agro in HM/NiM raids. I started switching from endurance to DPS so I wasn't relying solely on taunts to hold agro (specially vs multi targets) which Exploding Surge is my main multi target taunt.

My Healers can keep me alive whether @ 24k HP or 17kHP and I use an Aim stim and only use an endurance stim as a defensive skill. Ultimately the more damage you do the easier you can hold agro and if your mitigation is in the 50% realm your Endurance becomes irrelevant. You already have enough and in a pinch you can pop multiple defensive skills and last long enough for healers to catch up while doing maximum dmg and holding maximum agro.

Currently I tank with 18-19k HP with a musume sweet spot of 68.33.

i have added the new skills in the spreadsheet, have fun with it

MorningMusume's Powertech/Vanguard Spreadsheet Patch 1.2

Thanks for the update. I'm glad I can continue to use this spreadsheet to min/max in 1.2 now. However, there appears to be a bug in the spreadsheet now. It looks like the changes you made broke the sweet spot estimations in the relative stat values section of the mitigation tab. I am getting a recommended sweet spot which has lower mean mitigation than my current mitigation. As a reference, my tanking stats are listed below.

armor: 8486

defense rating: 270

shield rating: 510

absorb rating: 309

current mean mitigation: 72.00

recommended sweet spot mean mitigation: 71.91

Other than that, the spreadsheet looks great. Thanks again for the hard work.

Edited by jacengotpwned

the sweetwpot "programm" doesn't work with our high values, i don't know why,

i have tested a lot but i have no idea, so i changed it :)

Now u can insert the stat-changes on new items/modis, and u get your new total values

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Edited by Pinggg

the sweetwpot "programm" doesn't work with our high values, i don't know why,

i have tested a lot but i have no idea, so i changed it :)

Now u can insert the stat-changes on new items/modis, and u get your new total values

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Looks awesome! I am working on adding some additional functionality to the spreadsheet as well. I will update this in a few days when I get a chance to work on it (finals week is tough).

Edited by jacengotpwned

I havent played around much with this. But I would like to see if there is a way, for comparison's sake, to put a value on mitigation for a spec that I started a thread on. While I have a rough idea, I would like to see if this spreadsheet can put some more specific numbers on mitigation if Energy Shield is used 3-4 times more often.

The spec is 19/0/22 and the thread is here.

Thanks

Pingg,

MorningMusume's spreadsheet started to recommend I add defence after the new heat screen changes and me manually adding 8% to absorb and subtracting 4% from shield rating. Whereas your new version says i should keep stacking absorb. Have you double checked your spreadsheet when updating to 1.2 to ensure there were no errors or have I made a mistake somewhere?

My character has 525 shield chance and 362 absorb and 322 def when stimmed. This is about the sweet spot on MorningMusume's spreadsheet after I manually added the 8% and subtracted the 4% but way off on yours.

• 1 month later...

Forgive me if this is a massive derp, but why would the spreadsheet need to be changed? the absorb buff on heat screen itself is not subject to diminishing returns, but stacking more absorb through rating still is.

Why would it change the priority of stats at all?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.