Game already losing subs?

Nebbycat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are also experiencing the launch crew drop off.

Just about every MMO has a considerable launch then the nay sayers leave. This is pretty standard, and the real community will be apparent over the next month or so.

It hasn't been the 30 days yet. It's just because the holidays are over, at the end of the month then that's going to happen.

I am just trying to make a valid observation, not trying to troll btw.

I'm not sure what's "valid" about it, but people are off vacation this week, which is going to lower populations during off-peak hours. That's why I'm not there, and neither are all the people I usually play with -- we all have jobs.

It should be pretty obvious that the number of online users would go down.

Edited by imtrick

I'm not sure what's "valid" about it, but people are off vacation this week, which is going to lower populations during off-peak hours. That's why I'm not there, and neither are all the people I usually play with -- we all have jobs.

It should be pretty obvious that the number of online users would go down.

Haven't you noticed that everytime someone feels like they need to clarify that they are "not trying to troll", they are in fact trying to troll?

Prefacing this entire thread by saying that short of BioWare making a statement, literally no one in this thread will have any valid insight into this question. Everyone will claim to know, however.

true.

Its undeniable that there are less people on at one time, just look at server capacities, they are well down.

However, is this due to people jsut leaving, or the end of the xmas holidays, or just the natural reduction in timeplayed now the "ooooh shiny" new factor has lessened?

no one knows.

This game may have had record breaking sales but those are hype sales and the free month at play. When the dust settles in 7 days dont be suprised if you see this game with all servers sitting at standard pops or less.

Well, yes and no. It had a huge launch because of all the pre-orders. Something that people really didn't do in the early MMO-launch days, like when WoW came out.

But it's already having a huge sales drop off. Sales peaked at 10th (all video games) during the intial release (including pre-orders).

It dropped to 38th (all video games) last week. The other 9 positions in the Top-10 didn't change. I expect it will be out of the Top-40 next week.

To put it in perspective: Sims 3 was 39th. It came out June, 2009. Skyrim was at 7th. It's been out for two months and is still selling strong and, in fact, sold stronger for the week ending 12/31 than SWTOR.

OTOH, it's the only MMO on the list. So there's that. But that precipitous drop is not a good sign. WoW flew off the shelves for years and had 6.5 million active subscriptions its first year. Whereas Warhammer Online shot up to 800K in its first month, only to drop to 300K within two as people became rapidly disenchanted.

I noticed over the last few days, at this hour of the day/morning, that most EU servers are full or very heavy, right now most servers are light/standard. And last night the US servers, only a few were Heavy to Very heavy, with a one or two full. I have been keeping a close eye on the server population and maybe I'm wrong but are people already quitting?

The only server that is full right now is the Swiftsure.

Of course, BW couldve greatly increased the cap to every server, so i could be wrong.

Yep your right. Me and 5 mates bought swtor played flat out for 2 weeks, Worst mmo I have played. I played rift for 2months. Even that was bad. Me or my mates will not be subscribing swtor.

Edited by spaceagent

I noticed over the last few days, at this hour of the day/morning, that most EU servers are full or very heavy, right now most servers are light/standard. And last night the US servers, only a few were Heavy to Very heavy, with a one or two full. I have been keeping a close eye on the server population and maybe I'm wrong but are people already quitting?

The only server that is full right now is the Swiftsure.

Of course, BW couldve greatly increased the cap to every server, so i could be wrong.

So how exactly are you keeping an eye on populations? Where do you see the actual number of players that are on one server? Is it impossible that those very crude server load indicator's have been tweaked during these first 3 weeks to better reflect the actual server state?

Just some random thoughts... :rolleyes: