Assassin PvP Tank

IEatCivics

Likewise here, though I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna go on a PvP server or a PvE server and just queue up. I really can't decide...Anyone have experience with the servers?

I'm choosing a PvP server because of my experience in other games. PvP adds an entirely new level of fun to leveling up. Not only do you get the awesome storylines BW put into the game, but you get the fear of wondering out in the world and anything being able to happen.

Seeing a red name wonder by and making the quick decision of wavering from your quest to go kill him, or not even bothering with it cause you don't feel like it atm. But he's also making the same decision XD. Or when you just decided to pull one more group before resting when some one pops out of no where and starts attacking you, and you end up pulling cooldowns out of no where and remembering you have healing stims to barely win the fight.

After the leveling is over, its just like any other server for the most part, but the experiences I've had while leveling on a PvP server make me never want to go back.

It is called Guard, transfers 50% of the damage one of your allies takes to you.

And killing that healer suddenly became a giant pain.

Not to mention that the taunts reduce the target's damage by 30%, unless it targets the tank that is. This goes for both single target and aoe taunt.

Love PvP tanking with my assassin :)

It is called Guard, transfers 50% of the damage one of your allies takes to you.

And killing that healer suddenly became a giant pain.

Don't forget the taunts that reduce a targets damage by 30% unless they are attacking the tank.

Now I'm split between Assassin or BH tank. Assassin tank will have a whole lot of CC and a lot of abilities that heal the self which sounds great when guarding random pugs for most of the time there's no healer around. And being stealth is pro. BH just look ****** in armor and I do like their gas cylinder mechanic. And their Kolto Bomb is just epicness. So torn!

Has anyone tried using Taunt in pvp yet?

Ok i know it wont cause a player to refocus on you but do they still get the damage debuff when attacking anything that isn't you?

Actually, just noticed it was mentioned previously ignore me.

Edited by Wardodger

I already am playing tank in PVP and it's great. I don't do a lot of burst damage, but I can sustain for a long time in a fight. I can also lock down all those pesky ranged classes that love to kite like a boss.

It's very good, though I suspect deception is also really fun in PVP.

Oh it absolutely works. Was questing yesterday on Alderaan.

2 vs 1 against same level Troopers and nailed em both, took on a 35 jedi Sage right after and nailed him too and then a 34 smuggler walked over me while I was stealthed so I nailed him as well.

In fact world pvp so far all I have to show for it is a really blunt hammer.

Warzones it's awesome, run behind that huttball carrier and pop Mass mind control 4tw. The combination of stealth and immense survivability is just amazing.