It's like you guys don't want the game to succeed...

Reevax

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

.. and of course you have the stats to back these claims up?

It's amazing what some people must think. They must think that Blizz just up and developed the LFD tool out of the blue, and have kept it in the game just because...

It was developed because NOT HAVING IT was losing them customers, and they've kept it in the game because it's SUCCESSFULLY RETAINED customers.

The "NOT HAVING IT" period of WoW saw enormous growth while the "its so awesome that its in there because that one feature will make us soooo successful..." period has been flat at best and has lost subs according to gaming sites.

WoW has had no increase in Subs since 2008 and has lost about million subs.

http://kotaku.com/5469063/world-of-warcraft-no-growth-since-2008

Thanks for playing.

People speak of wow like it is trash... I really think this game will be successful even if it lasts for 1.5 year. Lack of lore and competition... Even when pandas roll out, you will see beg for LFD across servers... And no. I don't know if I will play panda expansion. I am just being rational.

I am not sure if you are serious...

What game after 7 years had so many subscribers? BW should be grateful even if they ever reach 1/6 of wow customers. Really.

Wake up. Lack of convenience does not make you a l33t player. Really. It is like old linux guys that had not idea even what C was and still thought doing things in shell instead of windows environment made them elite hackers...

they won't. Star Wars isn't exactly popular in Asia, and Asians are more about 'instant progress' than actual story (why you think grinders are so extremely popular over there? ;) )

BW is not seriously considering to get Blizzard's player numbers.

Uhhhh GAL, first of all...

I never said that macros and mods weren't around before 'whoever' started complaining. I .never. played WoW. however, I know that there is a certain link undeniable to a certain kind of community being associated with World of Warcraft. deny it, I dare you. this may not be .just. because of macros and add-ons for whatever but I definitely blame that in parts. sue me.

I never said the lfg feature that already is in game shouldn't get some working on it, but I know that in no game ever I had problems finding people for runs. and I'm not having these problems in TOR either, even though with my current lvl (35) I'm apparently slightly above the average 'player base' level (which is kinda funny considering I'm usually known to level reaaaally slow)

If you never played WoW, you have no reason, once so ever, to EVER comment on how certain features affected the game. You do not 'know' about this link because you never played it. You never played vanilla, BC, WotLK, or Cata, therefore you cannot describe or define the effects features had on the community or the game. I do deny it. Because what you people think of macros, and what macros actually ARE are 2 different things. Macros are designed to either use an OFF GCD ability paired with trinkets(relics in swtor). Or to switch to your focus target and interupt. Macros DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT play the game for you. Even SWTOR has focus frames, but they are a PITA to use. The macros you are referring to are accessible even without ingame macros. They are called programmable keyboards. IE, when you hit 1, your keyboard continues to hit 2 3 4 5 6 blah without your input. THESE ARE NOT THE MACROS WE WANT. For instance, the macros we have (for me) would be to use my relic which increases power (relics are off gcd) and my ability to reduce my next casts cost to zero (also off the gcd). That way, I activate both with 1 button, and can then cast my next spell which will have my trinket's use and my CD's ability tied to it.

As far as LFG system goes. I do agree to a point it should be SERVER ONLY. And for anyone to argue against a server only FP LFG, while you have a server only warzone LFG feature is beyond my comprehension. And for you to say 'In no game I've played" is just inconsiderate. You never played WoW. You never noticed the HUGE difference it made in finding groups to play with.

TLDR:

If you did not play wow, or didn't start playing wow before BC, don't comment on what WoW's features did to the community, because they only improved things. WoW's community ITSELF caused any kind of downfall you may have heard about. WoW went casual after years of being known for its hardcore end game. LFR now is proof of this. They dumb things down for idiots to do, so they can make money. It's called a profitable business. Every heard of snuggies? rofl

Edited by TheJmoney

I am not sure if you are serious...

What game after 7 years had so many subscribers? BW should be grateful even if they ever reach 1/6 of wow customers. Really.

Wake up. Lack of convenience does not make you a l33t player. Really. It is like old linux guys that had not idea even what C was and still thought doing things in shell instead of windows environment made them elite hackers...

So...you are saying that easymode convenience things like xsvr LFD and dual spec make a game successful rather than the game itself being successful.....

By your rationale, the ONLY reason WoW has been so successful is because of these convenience tools?

GG :)

Driz

they won't. Star Wars isn't exactly popular in Asia, and Asians are more about 'instant progress' than actual story (why you think grinders are so extremely popular over there? ;) )

BW is not seriously considering to get Blizzard's player numbers.

Man leveling in ToR is extremely grindy... The "bonus quests" *cough while you are there doing the uber story, take 20 bear a.sses* are more than the actual story driven quests :S

Man leveling in ToR is extremely grindy... The "bonus quests" *cough while you are there doing the uber story, take 20 bear a.sses* are more than the actual story driven quests :S

You should at least have some notion of what grind is, especially when talking about Asian grind games before trolling.

If you never played WoW, you have no reason, once so ever, to EVER comment on how certain features affected the game. You do not 'know' about this link because you never played it. You never played vanilla, BC, WotLK, or Cata, therefore you cannot describe or define the effects features had on the community or the game. I do deny it. Because what you people think of macros, and what macros actually ARE are 2 different things. Macros are designed to either use an OFF GCD ability paired with trinkets(relics in swtor). Or to switch to your focus target and interupt. Macros DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT play the game for you. Even SWTOR has focus frames, but they are a PITA to use. The macros wou are referring to are accessible even without ingame macros. They are called programmable keyboards. IE, when you hit 1, your keyboard continues to hit 2 3 4 5 6 blah without your input. THESE ARE NOT THE MACROS WE WANT. For instance, the macros we have (for me) would be to use my relic which increases power (relics are off gcd) and my ability to reduce my next casts cost to zero (also off the gcd). That way, I activate both with 1 button, and can then cast my next spell which will have my trinket's use and my CD's ability tied to it.

As far as LFG system goes. I do agree to a point it should be SERVER ONLY. And for anyone to argue against a server only FP LFG, while you have a server only warzone LFG feature is beyond my comprehension. And for you to say 'In no game I've played" is just inconsiderate. You never played WoW. You never noticed the HUGE difference it made in finding groups to play with.

TLDR:

If you did not play wow, or didn't start playing wow before BC, don't comment on what WoW's features did to the community, because they only improved things. WoW's community ITSELF caused any kind of downfall you may have heard about. WoW went casual after years of being known for its hardcore end game. LFR now is proof of this. They dumb things down for idiots to do, so they can make money. It's called a profitable business. Every heard of snuggies? rofl

could you please refrain from replying to things I never states? thanks in advance.

I didn't say I never played any games with macros. I said I never played WoW. you can 'explain' macros to me all day long, I will still already know this, and will still be against TOR allowing it.

yeah I never played WoW (at least you did get that part right), but guess what? this game isn't WoW ... even if people claim it's WoW in space.

So...you are saying that easymode convenience things like xsvr LFD and dual spec make a game successful rather than the game itself being successful.....

By your rationale, the ONLY reason WoW has been so successful is because of these convenience tools?

GG :)

Driz

How LFD make the game easymode? I do not get you... Being able to find a group faster make an MMO easy mode? What are you a masochist? Dual spec will come to the game when people feel tired of healing or tanking and you'll see a grater lack of these roles.

I didnt' say that wow was successful because of this. But part of being 7 YO and have still so many customers, is this.

The "NOT HAVING IT" period of WoW saw enormous growth while the "its so awesome that its in there because that one feature will make us soooo successful..." period has been flat at best and has lost subs according to gaming sites.

WoW has had no increase in Subs since 2008 and has lost about million subs.

http://kotaku.com/5469063/world-of-warcraft-no-growth-since-2008

Thanks for playing.

This,,,^^

True story...

You WoW babies are just so molly coddled you cant understand how a game without xsvr LFD and Dual Spec can ever be successdul....lol.

You have my pity...enjoy your pandas...

Driz

lol yeah I know, it's just people kinda freak as soon as you say something in a game is 'grindy', but I still think the Asian market as a whole will be put off by TOR's focus on story... will I be sad if I'm wrong? of course not. I'm still trying to convince a few friends of mine from Malaysia and Singapore to play with me... ;)

You should at least have some notion of what grind is, especially when talking about Asian grind games before trolling.

Now you do not know the definition of trolling...

Just because there is a "quest", making you kill the same mobs again and again as part of a bonus feels grindy...

This,,,^^

True story...

You WoW babies are just so molly coddled you cant understand how a game without xsvr LFD and Dual Spec can ever be successdul....lol.

You have my pity...enjoy your pandas...

Driz

You posts are full of "lol" and various "Easymode" misconceptions. Who is the kid?

All this stuff has been beat-to-death in other threads. But "WoW did it" is not a reason to do anything in this game. OP, you need better reasons than that and you've provided no proof that any of the items you mentioned contributed to an increase in subs either. Correlation does not necessarily equal causation.

could you please refrain from replying to things I never states? thanks in advance.

I didn't say I never played any games with macros. I said I never played WoW. you can 'explain' macros to me all day long, I will still already know this, and will still be against TOR allowing it.

yeah I never played WoW (at least you did get that part right), but guess what? this game isn't WoW ... even if people claim it's WoW in space.

Um, ok. I never said you never played a game without macros. You said you never played WoW.

BTW, there is actually a difference, as some games allow you to macro abilties together to mash 1 button and complete your entire rotation without hitting another.

And actually, to be realistic here, A LOT of the people who are against macros, think that we want macros for 1 button game mashing.

As far as people linking me links about how WoW lost 1-2 mil subs, try again. Do you honestly think a company would let out info like that? Besides, that was not my point. My point was CATACLYSM SOLD MORE COPIES THAN WOTLK, REGARDLESS IF THEY LOST SUBS AFTERWARDS. REMEMBER NOW KIDDIES, CATACLYSM CAME AFTER LFG, AND FAR AFTER MACROS AND ADDONS. What Blizzard did with the game DURING Cata may have lost subs, but my point is still valid.

How LFD make the game easymode? I do not get you... Being able to find a group faster make an MMO easy mode? What are you a masochist? Dual spec will come to the game when people feel tired of healing or tanking and you'll see a grater lack of these roles.

I didnt' say that wow was successful because of this. But part of being 7 YO and have still so many customers, is this.

Because rather than playing the game you end up clicking on a series of drop down boxes, filters and then click the big shiny queue button...rinse and repeat.

Even WoW's own players / fans / forums refer to it as world of lobby craft...why play a MMORPG and then turn it into COD?

Strange days....

Driz

All this stuff has been beat-to-death in other threads. But "WoW did it" is not a reason to do anything in this game. OP, you need better reasons than that and you've provided no proof that any of the items you mentioned contributed to an increase in subs either. Correlation does not necessarily equal causation.

Especially when all the evidence points to a DROP in subs since those two "MUST HAVE" features went into WoW...

You're digging a hole now. You really need to go check out an actual grindy game.

grindy game is not the same as 'grinder', and that is what you were implying. all he/she said was that some stuff is grindy, and that is the way it is. that isn't even a bad thing in general.. the bonus quests are usually easily done while doing the main quest anyway... and since he/she replied to .me. and I knew what they were talking about.. what's the problem, really? I never said anything about asia-grinders in the context you made it. I was talking about the success WoW has in Asia, and that success is due to 'quick gaming', not because people care about the story. the friends I mentioned earlier? yeah they both play WoW, and often they don't even do the quests, but grind to the next level instead. why? I will never know.

Because rather than playing the game you end up clicking on a series of drop down boxes, filters and then click the big shiny queue button...rinse and repeat.

Even WoW's own players / fans / forums refer to it as world of lobby craft...why play a MMORPG and then turn it into COD?

Strange days....

Driz

You mean play the game by spamming /1 LFG? Right? This is your definition of play the game. And not have LFD assembling the group while ACTUALLY play the game doing something else... Go figure...

Um, ok. I never said you never played a game without macros. You said you never played WoW.

BTW, there is actually a difference, as some games allow you to macro abilties together to mash 1 button and complete your entire rotation without hitting another.

And actually, to be realistic here, A LOT of the people who are against macros, think that we want macros for 1 button game mashing.

As far as people linking me links about how WoW lost 1-2 mil subs, try again. Do you honestly think a company would let out info like that? Besides, that was not my point. My point was CATACLYSM SOLD MORE COPIES THAN WOTLK, REGARDLESS IF THEY LOST SUBS AFTERWARDS. REMEMBER NOW KIDDIES, CATACLYSM CAME AFTER LFG, AND FAR AFTER MACROS AND ADDONS. What Blizzard did with the game DURING Cata may have lost subs, but my point is still valid.

you're kinda implying that I said it when you write a whole TLDR about the way a macro you want works.. nice playing.

I don't care what 'a lot' of players supposedly think. unlike you, I don't think I speak for anyone but myself.

also, caps lock doesn't make you right. the right info makes you right. so stop that please. yelling is kinda rude.

(I would like you to address that most WoW players are in Asia, btw)

grindy game is not the same as 'grinder', and that is what you were implying. all he/she said was that some stuff is grindy, and that is the way it is. that isn't even a bad thing in general.. the bonus quests are usually easily done while doing the main quest anyway... and since he/she replied to .me. and I knew what they were talking about.. what's the problem, really? I never said anything about asia-grinders in the context you made it. I was talking about the success WoW has in Asia, and that success is due to 'quick gaming', not because people care about the story. the friends I mentioned earlier? yeah they both play WoW, and often they don't even do the quests, but grind to the next level instead. why? I will never know.

Whatever...

I had no idea that a "grindy" game and a "grinder" game were different... Although, most Asian MMOs are extremely "grindy" or "grinder" or how ever you want to spin it to make it look like that moron calling SWTOR "grindy" is in any shape or form correct.

You mean play the game by spamming /1 LFG? Right? This is your definition of play the game. And not have LFD assembling the group while ACTUALLY play the game doing something else... Go figure...

I didn't see anyone arguing that the implemented methods to find a group are 'lacking', but those can be easily fixed (by combining the /who feature for group search with the 'hidden' lfg feature for the high instances)