If they fix anything in pvp its needs to be the BAGS

Lrdprimus

I am valor lvl 53 and dont even have full Champ yet and im STILL USING A lvl 48 weapon. I think im going to start collecting Battlemaster bags now for **** sake.

I understand they need a grind system to get gear but to put up a grind system AND A RANDOM LUCK SYSTEM omg.

I would really like to meet the people that thought this idea up IN REAL LIFE.

Lvl 50 Sith Jugg

Believe it or not, champion bags are still the fastest way to gear up your character. I've seen a hundred 50's on my server with at least *some* champion gear. But you know what? I can't recall seeing more than two with PvE epics.

The fact that you're complaining that you don't "even have full Champ yet" is completely absurd. It hasn't even been a month since the game was released! What the hell were you thinking? Of course you're not going to be decked out. Heck, most people aren't even level 50!

the randomness of it was supposed to keep people who play an incredible amount from outgearing everyone else instantly and according to this forum it's working.

i haven't seen a single thread of anyone being 'killed by someone in full champion' yet

it's averages people, the chances of a good player getting a full set of gear in 12 bags is pretty far out there.

A+ system B-Ware

you are grinding centurion gear, the champion item tokens are a BONUS they aren't mandatory

Edited by Spigotwelder

However the difference between someone getting an extra 100 expertise is almost un-noticeable in Warzones due to the bolstering system. I don't think the difference in performance between someone who gets lucky on 2 items over someone doesn't is noticeable.

Infact I like the idea of getting a lucky draw every time you get a Champion Bag. It adds an element of surprise. For all those getting unlucky all the time, it is possible that the next 5 bags you buy have every bit of gear you need in them.

A lot of people are getting the same reward over and over again (Tier Legs for example) and whining about that too. However they could use the token to buy gear for their offspec, or for a companion.

I think people are over-reacting about this gearing system and simply haven't put enough time into it yet to really judge it. You should be enjoying the PvP enough to WANT to grind it and be happy when and if you DO get lucky.

I understand the frustration but rather then give up and post QQ threads on the forums, why don't you have some fun and enjoy the grind like any normal MMO player would do.

Peace.

the randomness of it was supposed to keep people who play an incredible amount from outgearing everyone else instantly and according to this forum it's working.

i haven't seen a single thread of anyone being 'killed by someone in full champion' yet

it's averages people, the chances of a good player getting a full set of gear in 12 bags is pretty far out there.

A+ system B-Ware

you are grinding centurion gear, the champion item tokens are a BONUS they aren't mandatory

Well said. I think people just assume that Centurion gear is rubbish. When really each piece is almost as good as the champion gear. I am totally enjoying the grind and every time I DO get lucky in bag I am so happy.

Hopefully the people who want welfare epics and full PvP sets without putting the time in will un-sub and we will be left with a nice community of decent players.

While the OP was not as articulate about this as I would've liked, I have to agree.

I'm not opposed to grinding for gear (and I know this is why they implemented it this way), but the fact that the system involved RNG is just ridiculous. Getting bagfuls of Centurion Comms over and over (Updated for weekly cash-in: 9 in a row is my record, so far) and then getting a duplicate piece of one you already had... it's just awful.

I hate WoW for many different reasons, so don't get me wrong when I say this, but at least I was able to pick and choose the pieces of gear I wanted to buy with the points I had earned.

There has to be an alternative method to keep gear acquisition as an appropriate grind, without making it this painful.

And for the record, no, there is NO way to purchase the gear you want with regards to T3 Battlemasters. You can only acquire Battlemaster gear by exchanging a token, which comes out of the Battlemasters Bag and will be a random piece, if you even get one.

It's a horrendous grind getting only 3 commendations per bag, if you want to use that as a way to selectively acquire certain pieces. For the time investment in acquiring 800 Warzone Commendations, you should be able to pick which piece you want to get.

Edited by Luxora

what a surprise, you can pick what items you want in this game too. Buy it directly for centurion commendations, buy champion gear for champion commendations, it really is THAT easy.

call now and receive an extra battlemaster bag with your purchase

Edited by Spigotwelder

what a surprise, you can pick what items you want in this game too. Buy it directly for centurion commendations, buy champion gear for champion commendations, it really is THAT easy.

call now and receive an extra battlemaster bag with your purchase

Too right. People still just aren't getting it I think.

I SHOULD GET LOTS OF TIER 2 GEAR INSTANTLY, SCREW TIER 1 THAT IS FOR SCREWBS. IF I R LUCKY THEN I GET T2 AND THAT MAKES ME BETTER AT PEEVEEPEE!

I personally don't mind the grind for gear bags. The Cent gear is there to get you started. The champ gear is an incentive to continue working at it.

The only thing I am unhappy with is, the fact you can get multiples of the same token over and over. I have opened 19 bags now and been lucky enough to see 5 gear tokens. But all 5 gear tokens have been the helm tokens. Why cant they make it so that if your character already has the item, you don't get the same token over and over.

I also agree with the OP in the since of, the game doesn't really need any other fixes besides the bags. Though I don't agree with some of these posters, in the reasoning of "More lewtz per bag!".

Edited by LexLuthos

I.still think it easy to get PvP epics Tbh. the random factor can suck my friend opened 3 bags all had the headpiece that he already had. yet some people can get full.set even quicker. but compared to wows rank system 2 months after release its better.

any vanilla players remember the grind for rank 14. champion bags is a walk in the park compared to that. if you get 50k kills and still havnt got lucky with bags then maybe you need to put horseshoes all over your house, stay inside to avoid magpies and black cats and remove your mirrors.

another solution is to make it so you can turn in any pieces you get but already have back into warzone or merc commendations like 50% of bag cost or less. like reverse engineering.

Edited by WikiWeasel

3 commendations a bag for the ratio, rate, and amount earned per warzone/mercenary commendation is complete garbage. 20 commendations a champion bag for centurion gear would be fair, and justify the RNG of acquiring champion gear, but as the current mechanic stands it is not fair for someone who has barely any valor to acquire a full-set of champion gear over someone who is well into their 50's with valor.

RNG is a stupid Asian mechanic. The majority of American and European players have never shown a love for acquiring gear through f'all luck. If I want to gamble I will hop my butt in a car and drive to Las Vegas.

Edited by BrolleunHunter

im telling u the higher the valor rank u are the lower the dr chance

this is becoming more true,i leveled by warzone and was valor 47 when i reached 50, im valor 58 now almost 59 , 7 bags opened today & no items. i have heaps of cent tokens > 100. only 5 pieces and duplicates from 45+ bags, 2 of which are useless relics.

meanwhile the guild just spent like 2 hours in hardmode and got rekata and excotech quite easily, this game's pvp reward system really is questionable.

I see someone valor 49 with full champion set, FULL with capitals.

Edited by digikai

I am valor lvl 53 and dont even have full Champ yet and im STILL USING A lvl 48 weapon. I think im going to start collecting Battlemaster bags now for **** sake.

I understand they need a grind system to get gear but to put up a grind system AND A RANDOM LUCK SYSTEM omg.

I would really like to meet the people that thought this idea up IN REAL LIFE.

Lvl 50 Sith Jugg

Same here man. I see people with Valor Rank 17 with full Champ sets yet I'm almost 60 and still missing 4 pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay everyone who says that were grinding for centurion comms can shove it. 3 comms for a bag is not enough. Going purely on warzones it would take around 300 wins just to get 24 bags to open to get 72 centurion commendations to buy a mainland weapon. 300 wins! For one piece!! That is rediculous and in no way fun or reasonably rewarding. It wouldn't be so ba for them to give at least a raise in the amount of commendations instead of 3. How would you feel if you grinded so much Roger that mainland weapon and did all that stuff including dailies to but the centurion weapon when your rank one friend who has no clue what's going on opens a bag and gets a champ weapon.... The system is bunk and if you defend it you do not have common sense. Do the math it's unreasonable.