Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

Truth.

and on a side note. WoW has breed the type of person that throws a temper tantrum in every game that doesnt have the same stuff WoW has. really is a shame, bet they're ok people in RL....

Funny how WoW has conditioned its end game faithful into believing everything is a blind power-leveling boss-farming loot & scoot. I wonder how many lose it in RL crisis situations because there's no DBM telling them when to get out of the way. Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In an FPS, you are not in a world like you are in SWTOR. Interaction only comes in from matchmaking. I've been playing LoL for a while and even then I was surprised it jumped to over a million at peak times playing.

It didn't change the way I played LoL because it is only through matchmaking.

MMOs are a world - the more people the more you can just do anything in the game. World PvP, instances, social interaction, guilds, etc.

WoW takes its time to release their content to keep the playerbase looking for the next new thing instead of beating it all instantly then quiting.

Y'all hate on me for mentioning WoW but in turn, it is you that keep making me bring it up.

The CORE of the game is NOT fantastic and I know they will eventually get there, but time is of the essence.

MMO or 2. Thank you for proving my point. Blizzard also learned a lot from EQ and took ideas, but you don't hear people calling WoW an Everquest of Warcraft.

Actually, he does but already stated he should of titled it differently.

I haven't even said anything about balance because I can't PvP or even PvE with others for that matter to even consider balance. Not only that, but we can't effectively compare DPS without meters. The only way I can see is by how fast he kills X.

Riot took the free route and made it work, but thats another story.

I'm not necessarily putting emphasis on the most popular being the highest quality, but being what people want. WoW is PvE based but has had the only and the best PvP of any MMO around.

Good points though, thank you.

Oh dear god the ignorance. YES WoW has been called an EQ clone over and over...

WoW the only good PvP MMO? maybe you didnt know of DaoC's existance... you know the game Warhammer was suppose to succeed? the mmo still remembered for the best PVP... or does that not count because it didnt have 10 million players?

im sorry, I mean 6-7 million Asian players and a dwindeling EU audiance, and a die-hard US audiance.

Great post OP, you nailed pretty much everything. I would also like to add,

1. Fix color/texture bugs for clothing and armor. Im tired of my companion and myself wearing pink and an apparantly completely black helmet (it's actually mostly silver with some streaks of color)

2. Implement High-Res Textures (I believe OP touched on this somehow).

Fix and I will return! Thanks!

I put in 1. since it's a major and common bug (I've experienced it as well), but I'm leaving out 2. since it is not imperative to the game's success this early on.

The game was just released on December 20th. Of course, there will be flaws.

It's been exactly 15 days since launch. :o

While I agree that some of your points may be valid, I don't think this game is dead by any means.

If you honestly think this game is dead and the only way to save it is to follow your suggestions...then perhaps you should find a game that is perfect out there. If such a game exists, why don't you play it instead of saying this game is dead?

Edited by LightLight

Rest easy padawan for your concern is already being addressed. Please allow me...

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20111213-0

Cheers!

UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.

If they honestly think that being able to move around windows is going to fix the UI or even more so, move this MMO into an interface model standardized 7 years ago, they would be wrong.

We are approaching the Sith Emperor with no clothes at this point UI wise.

Edited by Rephlexie

Oh dear god the ignorance. YES WoW has been called an EQ clone over and over...

WoW the only good PvP MMO? maybe you didnt know of DaoC's existance... you know the game Warhammer was suppose to succeed? the mmo still remembered for the best PVP... or does that not count because it didnt have 10 million players?

im sorry, I mean 6-7 million Asian players and a dwindeling EU audiance, and a die-hard US audiance.

DAoC was strong large scale PvP and for that I failed to mention. I stand corrected.

Even in itself, DAoC was not considered amazing by any standards and only sustained itself and never grew like WoW did.

Go to WarcraftMovies and see what kind of audience PvP brings. It is wonderful.

I don't recall WoW ever being considered a clone other than a couple people freaking out over a little change like in here. It only took some core and successful ideas from it. WoW is it's own like STWOR will be.

Edited by Treyzorz

Truth.

and on a side note. WoW has breed the type of person that throws a temper tantrum in every game that doesnt have the same stuff WoW has. really is a shame, bet they're ok people in RL....

You're right, partially.

WoW has bred such a people, that any mention of anything related to WoW, you will be obliterated.

I made the mistake of saying AH in general chat and was harassed heavily.

You anti-WoW players are a frightening bunch.

If they honestly think that being able to move around windows is going to fix the UI or even more so, move this MMO into an interface model standardized 7 years ago, they would be wrong.

We are approaching the Sith Emperor with no clothes at this point UI wise.

So your assumption of what Bioware won't do is . . . what? Edited by GalacticKegger

So your assumption is that Bioware isn't going to fix anything?

They will. The problem is only a matter of time of how quickly they can do it.

It is URGENT.

They have already released a blog that they have heard the players and are starting on changes.

So your assumption is that Bioware isn't going to fix anything?

Do you think the current UI is innovative? That it represents the game's other progressive features with the same standard of quality?

I have yet to meet a person that would say so. Its a hot mess.

What I don't understand is that if people just want this game to have everything WoW has...why don't you just go back to WoW? Maybe you need to seriously think about doing something other than playing MMO's, or quitting them all-together?

Face the fact that this Flawless Diamond that YOU think is a perfect game does not, and will not exist.

No one will ever be happy with any game, because there are so many different opinions.

Two options.

1. QUIT.

2. Don't quit.

SIMPLE.

Edited by blikkONE

Do you think the current UI is innovative? That it represents the game's other progressive features with the same standard of quality?

Take all the add-ons away from WoW and play it using the default interface. Now THAT would be a true comparison. I wonder how many more subs WoW would lose if add-ons were outlawed and players were left to play the game on it's own merits. Edited by GalacticKegger

Ah, but do I CARE if it's innovative? No. It's not innovative if a shooter uses a trigger button to fire the primary weapon. I care about if it works. Does the UI work for me? Absolutely. I've never had a problem questing, healing, or tanking.

In before:

- this isn't wow

- go back to wow

- we don't need any of this

Haven't read the whole thread but I'm pretty sure I'm too late.

Agreed, this isn't WoW.

I'd prefer not to go back to WoW.

We do need this to mold this game into something more successful. BioWare NEEDS feedback.

No, you are not too late. Continue post but do so in a constructive form and help our cause.

Edited by Treyzorz

Take all the add-ons away from WoW and play it using the default interface. Now THAT would be a true comparison. I wonder how many more subs WoW would lose if add-ons were outlawed and players were left to play the game on it's merits.

Speculation of what this genre's consumer base would do if there was not an open-source UI platform implemented for the most popular MMO in history, is fun to do and quite entertaining.

Yet, back in reality the fact remains that addons are not only the precedent, but the expected standard for any modern MMO. Many of us involved with addons or interface development (Raises hand) warned for years on these very forums that SWTOR's interface would not cut it after seeing the first preview. Even more so that there is absolutely no way possible to deliver the same features demanded by players that have been gifted with infinite options in previous MMOs.

...and look what was the result. A mess of a UI, with a no doubt stuffed suggestion box of what each and every player wants to better their own experience. These are not unreasonable requests mind you, they are elements standard in past MMOs. This thread is an example of that alone. The OP lists a few options that he wants, others suggests their desires and some want modifications of even those suggestions.

What I find even more ridiculous, is that out of thousands of addons available in say.. WoW, only 3 are regurgitated again and again as the bane of all that is good in this world. Yet, these same people now come to the forums (as we predicted often pre-release) with feature requests as simple as "Can I change the font size bigger?", "How come their are only 4 action bars?", "I really would like a red green interface to match my RPing sage".

Simply put, Bioware has tried to sell a closed, limited and arguable non-functional interface to a consumer base that has had free reign over their canvas and its not going over well is it?

Edited by Rephlexie

- Chat bubbles (with the option to disable for those of us who are introverted within the community, myself included.)

- Add a combat log.

- Target of target

- Overhaul the auction house system (GTN.)

- More camera options.

- Threat meters.

- A LFG system, as in a group finder, queue for dungeons.

- Allow more people in one instance of a planet.

- PVP gear is too easy to acquire.

- Allow people to queue for specific warzones.

- Add macros.

- A customizable UI with third party add-on support.

- >>>>>>>Ensure mouse-over heal support.<<<<<<<

- Re-instate the appearance unifier, even if temporarily.

- Add level brackets.

- More PVP features and endgame content for PVP.

- Expanded space content.

- Communication with the community.

Removed bugs, glitches, and things they're definitely working on. Also removed complaints that were out of place (Focus target already exists.) Also cleaned up the list a little bit. These are issues that should be looked at, and NO ONE can really complain about any of them. These are ALL optional features, so you can't complain.