Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading when I saw he wants threat meters.

Typical wowtard...You know some games ARE succesful without threat meters...It just means you need to learn your class better. Quit asking for addons that coach you on how to play.

I love how there's no real hardcore min/max in this game...It allows the community to have more fun and be more creative without raid leaders breathing down their necks insisting they play the cookie cutter spec that does 0.34234 more DPS.

Truth be told, add-ons ruin games. Macro's ruin games. DPS meters ruin games. Threat meters ruin games. All of the above take away all creativity in favor of number crunching. I've been a raid leader for many games that either had addon support or didnt. The ones that did not allow addon support were a heck of a lot more fun and took a heck of a lot more skill.

Conclusion: Learn to play...addons make baddies look good. It's no wonder you want them in game.

Which they already blew. Sorry the game will just get thrown with the other failures Rift, Aion etc..

I hope a few enjoy it atleast.

Rift is making money hand over fist. I don't know what your idea of "success" is, but having a steady base of around 3 million subs = $36 million a month. How much money do YOU make?

So you further prove your lack of foresight. A GREAT portion of this player-base is of players who expected heavy PvP content as well. If they leave, Bioware will suffer, and the PvEers will suffer subsequently.

How do you know a "GREAT" portion expected heavy PVP? Where is your data to back this up? You keep stating issues as fact but have no real data to back it up.

Ignorance is strong with the OP. Nice try there buddy. You like tossing around the word foresight. I guess that is what you thought you were using when you sat down to craft this thread of unoriginal regurgitated ideas. You could have at least tried to come up with something new.

Did you do any research at all? Did you read the recent Q&A's on various fan sites or keep up with the Dev tracker and news articles right on this site? Had you bothered to any research on these subjects at all you would find that many of them have been discussed and may or may not see their way into the game. They also listed their reasons for it.

What I really like is that no matter how many folks disagree with you, you cling to the delusion that you actually have a fraction of a clue as to what your are talking about. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with wanting to see things implemented, but to act like 15 dollars a month gives you some sort of sway or a leg to stand on in demanding it? Your doom predictions are laughable at best! I bet you believe the world is going to end this year too:p

Your responses made me chuckle though. Not because they were clever, just silly.

That being said, MMOs only get one shot, and this is SW:TOR's. Bioware MUST implement the following (a consolidated list of fixes that I have heard demanded by numerous people within the community) before the free 30 days game-time period ends.

Actually, this is the assertion that I reject. :)

as a healer... id love to have a threat meter and better UI. possibly something more similar to rift made healing more efficient.

Agreed; healing is much too tedious right now and not much fun at all.

Because its so hard to determine if you have threat right? If they are attacking you, you have threat. If not, you don't have threat. Not a hard concept.

Determining your exact threat output so you can then determine the best rotation for you if you're a tank is important. Just "winging it" is not efficient/fun at all.

If they were to implement it, it would contain an option to disable it. I'll sacrifice immersion for the sake of communication any day.

Thats what the Chatbox is for in the corner, if your too lazy to rotate your eyes less then an inch to view it, thats your problem. No one should make anything super easy for you regardless of how much you whine.

Determining your exact threat output so you can then determine the best rotation for you if you're a tank is important. Just "winging it" is not efficient/fun at all.

Hey Xugos - why don't you use some of that "foresight" you've been telling us about when you heal?

Well I think its funny...

Which they already blew. Sorry the game will just get thrown with the other failures Rift, Aion etc..

People are still playing those games. Just because you or I don't play them (or they don't have 9 bajillion subscribers) doesn't make them "failures." :rolleyes:

Edited by Thradar

I can agree with most of the things on the OP's list. Think they have more than 30 days to get it right though. But they do need to work on/add a lot of the things on that list. In all honesty, they should be there already.

Excuses were... 'it's beta!', 'the game just launched!'... they've had 6 years and hundreds of millions of dollars. The game is great... it should & could be much better!

I've never seen so much blatantly illogical trolling in one single place. Double kudos to people responding with even more outlandish "ideas".

Here's the problem with your so-called list. Most of it is vague, lots of it has no real applique to the way the game is played, and too much of it is just whining. I hear over and over again that the beta testers complained about this stuff and weren't listened too, and yet not a single thing on your list is game breaking. Huh.

What is this, Hello Kitty Online? You lead off your list of "things needed to keep the game from dying with chat bubbles?

I understand the sort of upset that leads to this kind of histrionic ranting, but look over the forums. There are hundreds of posts like this, demanding various things. Bioware never has, and never will, take features feedback from forums. Period. They may deign to respond here and there or implement a nerf , but there is no one going over your list and thinking "Hmm , better hop on that".

Most of your list is crap that will be addressed in the first 3 to 5 months. People will say "WoW had it blah blah launch should have had it" and yet we all know EA wanted it out by Christmas so things got left and now have to be added back in. Deal with it.

Stripped of that, your list is whining about things *you* like not needed features.

+1

People should read Xugos review to get a full understanding of what he does.

Like I have said, most of the list is not needed.

http://i.imgur.com/NmjiA.png

All of the MMOs that were released within the WoW era in which we find ourselves today had their subscriptions plummet ~30 days AFTER RELEASE. We're at day 9 right now, and judging by the dissatisfaction rampant throughout the player base, the trend can be applied to SW:TOR.

Rampant?

A few hundred people on the forum.

You know you can do that by learning the game mechanics and not having it force fed to you by a threat meter right?

STRONGLY DISAGREE with pvp gear too easy to obtain.

Do you know how many hours it can take to obtain pvp gear? Its a random system that can take over 20+ bags to get 1 item. It's frustrating and making it harder to get only makes thing worse. People should spend more time playing PvP than getting their gear right. It already takes ages to get a full set of pvp gear. The players that have the pvp gear now have either alot of luck or have spend the last 1-2 weeks non-stop gaming. A normal player will take at least 1-2months just to get their pvp gear. So dont make it harder! Spend less time collecting gear, spend more time PvPing in pvpgear..

Edited by DeathHenk

When I read posts like this I always wonder if these people played any MMOs before WoW.

I did play WoW and raid in it and I did use addons for raiding, but no other game really had any of that stuff and I think the addons like that are kind of a crutch.

Raids are much harder when you have to learn to tank on your own and figure out when to get out of the bad on your own etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Note: This is simply a list of issues that we all recognize exist. We all want the best for SW:TOR which is why we bought it in the first place, and if Bioware wants send a signal that it is dedicated to this game, then it would be wise to begin communicating and recognizing issues.

Edit: I am now understanding that some people disagree with the premise that this thread begins with: that the game is in need of "resuscitation." Please ignore that point momentarily if you disagree.

Well, for those of who may know me (because they despise me) from my rampant pre-launch criticisms of this game, including ones derived from beta experience, it's happening. Most of the beta testers' concerns were not addressed, and that leaves us with the current state of the game.

SW:TOR is a game with great potential. That being said, MMOs only get one shot, and this is SW:TOR's. Bioware MUST implement the following (a consolidated list of fixes that I have heard demanded by numerous people within the community) before the free 30 days game-time period ends.

THE LIST:

- Chat bubbles (with the option to disable for those of us who are introverted within the community, myself included.)

- Add a combat log. I will say this again. ADD A COMBAT LOG. IT IS A *MUST!* A combat log is needed for damage/healing/tank mitigation parses. If you are serious about having guilds progress in non-mediocre PvE content, these are essential.

- ADD TARGET OF TARGET into the game. Over-haul the UI in general.

- Fix bugs in general, but most importantly the ones pertaining to the mail system (where an item can be lost forever if the bug occurs.)

- Add FOCUS TARGETS.

- Add a fail safe (purchase confirmation) to item purchases and skill learns. Many people have lost commendations/credits for accidentally misclicking while using a high-sensitivity/DPI mouse and purchasing the wrong item.

- Overhaul the auction house system (GTN.) Add a search option, remove the 50 item limit on your auctions, and add bid/buyout functionality that isn't feudalistic and outdated.

- SERVER FORUMS. THIS IS A MUST TO ENSURE THAT A STRONG SERVER-COMMUNITY MANIFESTS ITSELF!

- More camera options. THE OPTION TO DISABLE "SMART CAMERA PIVOT" SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED!

- Implement a threat parse so that tanks can actually gage how much threat they have on targets. Right now, they are in the dark and they have a disproportionally stressful job. I can personally testify that I don't know a single person, nor do I think such a person exists or is common, that appreciates the current system of things pertaining to threat.

- An LFG system over-haul. I'm not saying it should be automated and teleport you to the location of whatever it is you're doing like WoW does, but there needs to be increased support for this. Perhaps introducing a channel with some extra features dedicated to creating groups would do it.

- Improve your servers so that you do not have to create two separate instances for a mere 50 people in a SINGLE sub-zone. That is just asinine and removes the social/community atmosphere from the game. I bought an MMORPG, not a single-player Mass Effect RPG.

- Fix accessibility to PvP gear. As it stands, many are reporting it is MUCH TOO EASY to acquire.

- Allow people to queue for SPECIFIC WARZONES.

- ADD MACROS.

- A customizable UI with third party add-on support. All healers (experienced healers) that I know cringe at the lack of a customizable UI. Click-to-heal made healing fun. Bioware MUST implement this.

- >>>>>>>Ensure mouse-over heal support.<<<<<<<

- A fix to optimization issues. Great machines are not running this game so great.

- A fix to delay issues that are not related to latency. People have "50 ms" latency and have a 3-4 second delay on select abilities.

- Better customer support. Hire MORE people, HAND THEM a company policy book, and GET them helping people out. No excuse for not having enough people when you knew how much traffic there would be on launch day.

- Buy a better swtor.com server. No reason why your WEBSITE should have queues when practically every MMO, including ones that have been less or more successful, did not have queues at launch, nevermind post-launch.

- Increase the number of players allowed on a server. Don't hide subscription numbers by artificially inflating server size. Reportedly, only 2000-2500 players are allowed per server, which is horrible. Bump that number up significantly, even if it is done gradually, or you're in trouble. The game world is already pretty empty in some places as is.

- Re-instate the appearance unifier, even if temporarily. No reason why a battle-hardened Trooper should look literally like a clown with a rain-bow themed assortment of ballistic armor plates.

- Have community managers COMMUNICATE to the player base that Bioware understands our issues and is working diligently on fixing them. As of now, it appears as though y'all are pretending NOTHING is wrong. Wake up.

- Dissolve the universal PvP bracket. Put in SPECIALIZED PvP brackets instead. A 1-49 bracket and then a 50 bracket would be a great start, but preferrably, just do a 1-30, 30-49, and then a 50 bracket. If the player base grows further (big if here), then dissect the brackets further and specialize them to an even greater extent. A level 50 has much more utility and more abilities in its arsenal than a level 15. Even if they have the same stats, that is UNFAIR because the level 50 has a vested advantage. That's why there should always be brackets, albeit with the boost system retained.

- Work towards providing the PvP community with something with more longevity and something that fosters community. That something is an arena system with arena maps. This would go a LONG way for the PvP community.

- Address content-related player concerns. Let us know what the horizon is bringing, and by this I mean, RELEASE MORE OPERATIONS/WARZONES and RATED WARZONES and give us an estimated time of arrival that is not too far off.

- A space overhaul. Not sure if the Hero engine can handle it, but space combat is just abysmal after the first few flying sortees. Something closer to SWG space but IMPROVED because this is 2011 and not 2004 would be required.

Let me know if I missed something. The aforementioned were the most common issues presented to myself by other members of this community.

If you support this list or want to petition me to add something to it, please say so.

TL;DR: pick a random spot on the list and read it. See if you agree.

That's the list. It's your choice to make this game or break it, Bioware.

Ball's in your court.

It's a check, but will it be a check-mate?

Can't say I want half of those things.

+1

People should read Xugos review to get a full understanding of what he does.

Like I have said, most of the list is not needed.

Heh, his review explains a lot. If this OP doesn't scream "I HATE SWTOR BECAUSE IT'S NOT WOW" then that link certainly does.

The first post in this thread at least pretends that the things he wants are not related to WoW, even though every single one of them is something that WoW does that SWTOR does not. The link to his MMO Champ review, on the other hand, directly links all of his complaints to WoW. Not just "this PvP map feels unfinished," but "this PvP map feels like an unfinished version of the WoW map ___________."

I thought that's all you meant, but then I realized that he made fake accounts to endorse his review, all of which were banned, and he was called out for lying and and creating fake evidence in his other reviews. So he's whiny, he's mad at SWTOR for not being WoW, AND he cheats to get make it look like someone, anyone supports his ideas.

I wonder about his supporters in this thread. If they're even capable of understanding that link, if they would still throw their lot in with him or not.

How so?

Because people are not attacking each other makes it a joke?

Your fault, not Biowares.

why would i add artificial requirements to my quests in order to make them seem like they have any substance?

bioware simply have no idea what they are doing

hell even adding player kills as quest credit would help immensely