Why is everyone so impatient and unfriendly?

drbeat

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree with the OP.

Can't understand why people are so mean and rude now in days.

I mean everyday the General chat channel is filled with comments from anti-social people who never talk at all.

I am pretty sure I paid for Star Wars: The Old Social Republic Chatroom.

Edited by Tiaa

I am so sad about all this rudeness and impatience in SW:TOR!

After I accept a /1 LFG spam to tank a flashpoint, I, like most social people, like to reserve 10-15 minutes before the first pull to learn more about everyone in the group and see how they are doing.

I simply do not feel comfortable tanking unless I know everyone's name, A/S/L and their basic likes and dislikes. I also like to share my troubles with them and see if anyone else is having troubles too. My dog has serious behavioral problems and my mom's health is getting a lot worse, and these things weigh on my mind a lot.

The weird thing is... I feel like I'm being very friendly, but people are always cruel to me and impatient. They're all like GO GO GO *** ARE YOU DOING TANK and they quit the group!

I thought the whole point of PUGging flashpoints and heroic quests was to make deep, lasting friendships and maybe even find a wife. But I guess everyone is so used to WoW and LFD that they don't want to socialize with a bunch of random people during a flashpoint anymore.

I wish I could go back to the past I remember when everyone was sociable and courteous and cared about each other's feelings before LFD ruined the community.

A++ WOULD READ AGAIN!!

I like to share stories about my rampaging foot fungus.

OP, are you serious? Chatting with people and being polite is always good, but sharing personal stuff and just chatting with people for 15 minutes before "feeling comfortable" to even begin with the flashpoint..

I have to say i disagree.. I always chat with people on the go, and if i think someone in the group is a nice guy or whatever, i won't hesitate to add him/her to friendlist, and whisper them some other time.

I leave the personal stuff to my family and real life friends.. I don't think people that doesn't really know me, can relate to my real life stuff, neither do i expect them to .

Edited by Ahandii

I am so sad about all this rudeness and impatience in SW:TOR!

After I accept a /1 LFG spam to tank a flashpoint, I, like most social people, like to reserve 10-15 minutes before the first pull to learn more about everyone in the group and see how they are doing.

I simply do not feel comfortable tanking unless I know everyone's name, A/S/L and their basic likes and dislikes. I also like to share my troubles with them and see if anyone else is having troubles too. My dog has serious behavioral problems and my mom's health is getting a lot worse, and these things weigh on my mind a lot.

The weird thing is... I feel like I'm being very friendly, but people are always cruel to me and impatient. They're all like GO GO GO *** ARE YOU DOING TANK and they quit the group!

I thought the whole point of PUGging flashpoints and heroic quests was to make deep, lasting friendships and maybe even find a wife. But I guess everyone is so used to WoW and LFD that they don't want to socialize with a bunch of random people during a flashpoint anymore.

I wish I could go back to the past I remember when everyone was sociable and courteous and cared about each other's feelings before LFD ruined the community.

I both agree and disagree with you really.

I don't like it when people are rushing everything and generally being impolite, the sort of person that calls people noobs just for going at a slower than max pace. Those are the sort of people that I cannot stand and would vote-kick them in WoW when I was tanking (let their 'epic-dps' selves wait another 30 minutes to piss off some other group). But by the same token, I understand that sometimes people have limited time and are in a bit of a hurry, and as long as they are reasonable I don't mind hurrying up a bit to get through the instance.

On the other hand, I don't like to sit around shooting the bull and sharing life stories if the group is full and ready to go. I would prefer that people head to the nearest flashpoint shuttle and let us get the group in gear, so intentionally taking a long time just to wait around rather than start in a timely manner is rude in its own way to your fellow players.

Basically though, a little patience goes a long way in games, and while some people are serious ******es that go around calling people noobs for being slower, there is something to be said about being a little too slow.....

Edited by Sivar

This is insane and I feel I need to step it in. First your dog is probably having "behavior problems" because his owner doesn't pay attention to him.

You should probably talk to your family and your mom about here health problem, not to people who really don't have all day to sit on the computer and listen to strangers yammer about how crappy their life is. 15 min after you get in the instance is the fist pull?

If you asked me my A/S/L I would more than likely drop group, not crap. That is just odd, no offense.

This is the most important part of the whole post, Seriously, don;t play an MMO to find a wife, worst possible place to look, NB4 someone post their life story and how they meet their wife through an MMO, I don't care, go play the lottery. The worst part of this is, there is more than likely some chick you know who want to jump your bones, and you are to oblivious to the fact to notice.

To be honest, I talk and laugh and have a good time, even when I am "rushing", but i have yet to have one of these epic 4-man instance be shorter than 45mins, and I have meat various people who i enjoy playing with in-game, but if they asked me my life story when we first met in a instance, I probably would be running with them anymore. to be honest the same is true of real life...

no one wants to divulge their life story and Problems on people they just Met IT IS RUDE.

I like how people say WoW brought up MMOs, but all it has done is ruin them, steal ideas and take credit for originality, make everything so easy a Caveman can do it, and overall ruin the communities. I played MMOs about 5 years before WoW came out, my first was when Runescape first launched and I was like.. 7ish.

But I think most of us agree that with WoW came a paradigm shift in MMORPG playing. I tend to believe that WoW attracted far more "non-MMORPG-players" than any other game. By that I mean that WoW opened the door for players who otherwise never would have touched said genre because it's a rather special niche of gaming.

WoW has gone through fire and brimstone to make WoW appeal to the largest possible audience. The game has something for everyone, be it just leveling, raiding, crafting, trading or what you like. WoW has set a standard, like it or not, as to how the average Joe thinks an MMORPG should be. To me WoW has turned into a very advanced webinterface, where you can accomplish pretty much everything by sitting in the same spot.

Sadly, here is where design and marketing has to meet. A subscribed game has to yield revenue to the company, and the easiest way is to attract a large player base and that means developing a game that reaches beyond us MMORPG "nerds" (yes I am one of those nerds). Making the game too "niched" will attract a very devoted albeit far too small playerbase for the game to be profitable. True and interesting design ideas has to give way for more nobbing around.

WoW may not be original, but it has had the same impact on MMORPG genre as religion has had on society, like it or not.

this is insane and i feel i need to step it in. First your dog is probably having "behavior problems" because his owner doesn't pay attention to him.

You should probably talk to your family and your mom about here health problem, not to people who really don't have all day to sit on the computer and listen to strangers yammer about how crappy their life is. 15 min after you get in the instance is the fist pull?

If you asked me my a/s/l i would more than likely drop group, not crap. That is just odd, no offense.

This is the most important part of the whole post, seriously, don;t play an mmo to find a wife, worst possible place to look, nb4 someone post their life story and how they meet their wife through an mmo, i don't care, go play the lottery. The worst part of this is, there is more than likely some chick you know who want to jump your bones, and you are to oblivious to the fact to notice.

To be honest, i talk and laugh and have a good time, even when i am "rushing", but i have yet to have one of these epic 4-man instance be shorter than 45mins, and i have meat various people who i enjoy playing with in-game, but if they asked me my life story when we first met in a instance, i probably would be running with them anymore. To be honest the same is true of real life...

No one wants to divulge their life story and problems on people they just met it is rude.

a/s/l?

This is insane and I feel I need to step it in. First your dog is probably having "behavior problems" because his owner doesn't pay attention to him.

If you asked me my A/S/L I would more than likely drop group, not crap. That is just odd, no offense.

This is the most important part of the whole post, Seriously, don;t play an MMO to find a wife, worst possible place to look, NB4 someone post their life story and how they meet their wife through an MMO, I don't care, go play the lottery. The worst part of this is, there is more than likely some chick you know who want to jump your bones, and you are to oblivious to the fact to notice.

To be honest, I talk and laugh and have a good time, even when I am "rushing", but i have yet to have one of these epic 4-man instance be shorter than 45mins, and I have meat various people who i enjoy playing with in-game, but if they asked me my life story when we first met in a instance, I probably would be running with them anymore. to be honest the same is true of real life...

no one wants to divulge their life story and Problems on people they just Met IT IS RUDE.

A/S/L

Warning this can be followed by ' ur hot?' and later on in court with' she said she was 18'!

Edited by TheHauntingBard

For the most part, on Juyo, the community is pretty friendly and helpful. Better than most games I've played. I know I always try to answer questions I see in chat. If I'm waiting for a quest mob to spawn, I'll invite nearby players, so we all don't have to take turns. It doesn't take much effort, and most people pay it forward.

I'm sorry your experiences haven't been as good.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

I love how the OP was completely sarcastic and the anti-LFD people thought he was serious. LOL.

It shows many people gave them too much credit by engaging a serious discussion.

Edit:

HEY, I said it first!

Setup

Punchline

Awkward!!

Edited by TheHauntingBard