Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is everyone so impatient and unfriendly?

drbeat

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sad about all this rudeness and impatience in SW:TOR!

After I accept a /1 LFG spam to tank a flashpoint, I, like most social people, like to reserve 10-15 minutes before the first pull to learn more about everyone in the group and see how they are doing.

I simply do not feel comfortable tanking unless I know everyone's name, A/S/L and their basic likes and dislikes. I also like to share my troubles with them and see if anyone else is having troubles too. My dog has serious behavioral problems and my mom's health is getting a lot worse, and these things weigh on my mind a lot.

The weird thing is... I feel like I'm being very friendly, but people are always cruel to me and impatient. They're all like GO GO GO *** ARE YOU DOING TANK and they quit the group!

I thought the whole point of PUGging flashpoints and heroic quests was to make deep, lasting friendships and maybe even find a wife. But I guess everyone is so used to WoW and LFD that they don't want to socialize with a bunch of random people during a flashpoint anymore.

I wish I could go back to the past I remember when everyone was sociable and courteous and cared about each other's feelings before LFD ruined the community.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6374/notsureifserious.jpg

After I accept a /1 LFG spam to tank a flashpoint, I, like most social people, like to reserve 10-15 minutes before the first pull to learn more about everyone in the group and see how they are doing.

I simply do not feel comfortable tanking unless I know everyone's name, A/S/L and their basic likes and dislikes. I also like to share my troubles with them and see if anyone else is having troubles too. My dog has serious behavioral problems and my mom's health is getting a lot worse, and these things weigh on my mind a lot.

The weird thing is... I feel like I'm being very friendly, but people are always cruel to me and impatient. They're all like GO GO GO *** ARE YOU DOING TANK and they quit the group!

I thought the whole point of PUGging flashpoints and heroic quests was to make deep, lasting friendships and maybe even find a wife. But I guess everyone is so used to WoW and LFD that they don't want to socialize with a bunch of random people during a flashpoint anymore.

I wish I could go back to the past I remember when everyone was sociable and courteous and cared about each other's feelings before LFD ruined the community.

I laughed.

That said, my gold fish seems to be coming down with a cold.

Im as social as they come and Im sorry

For a PUG, I dont care about your dog

I dont care about your mom

I dont care whats on your mind

ITS A PICK UP GROUP!

Now if you were afriend, id care and listen, but your not!

Want to become my friend in a MMORPG?

Play your role with some level of ability

Dont moan and gron tome about your lifes problems the first time I meet you

And most people do not spend 10-15 minutes chatting about noting when they join a PUG

Its

join

Hi all

Whose main tank?

Whose main heal?

Are we CCing?

Any tips for boss encounter?

LETS GO

At the end of Flashpoint, if its all gone good and Ive enjoyed my time with person/people, THEN Ill add them to friends list and START to build a social relationship (but it will be months before I will tolerate you unloading your ooc issues on me to be honest).

I think your looking for Hello Kitty Online OP

YES, modern gamers aremore impatient and very rude, Ill give you that.

But I come from the old days, the 1991 era of MMORPGs and we didnt put up with what your suggesting either!

There is limits and boundaries and you clearly step over them from the start!

I would drop from group as well I got to say!

And in Game, Im a social chatter box of a player, whose always out to help and aide my fellow players (till they on my bad side that is)!

As for the OP's dog and Mom, even if you are joking, as people have implied, family comes first.

It's just a game, if someone has some real life issues, I can always find another group or get a replacement. I try to put myself in their shoes, sometimes a game is all we have, to get away from that noise.

The problem I've had in the past, is people who keep the raid waiting more than once. I had one guy in my old WoW guild, who would go AFK during raids for up to fifteen-twenty minutes, several times a raid session.

I appreciated him taking care of his kid, and respected that he would put the game on hold to do so, but if it was going to be that intrusive, I personally would have bowed out for the night.

Sadly it is true.. The younger generation are generally impatient and rude.. Especially when it comes to MMO's... WOW didn't help with that either.. :cool:

I find the old generation very rude, every time there is an opportunity we got these 'old veterans' preaching about how bad the new generation of gaming is.

Your signature sums it up very nicely how I look at the people that agree with the OP, except for the fact that he is a fool that's fooling most of you.

The world isn't black and white yet many seem to fail to realize it ,old and young.

That is also what makes this thread so funny, this why I can't take the majority of the posters serious when they complain about social behaviour and are against a LFG tool.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

dude seriously... you can do that in 30 seconds tops and believe me, anyone who want to tell their life story to someone in a pug is a nutjob anyway.

Toally with you on this one!

I have yet to meet anyone unfriendly in game. Due mostly to shyness I guess, I had zero intent on ever grouping up with people. Honestly I am glad that I have decided to group with people, because everyone I have played with so far has been pretty nice and friendly....even after I got one of my groups killed by not playing my role properly on difficult fight.

But yeah, if we meet in game, please don't mistake my lack of being talkative as me being rude...it just takes me a little while to warm up to people.

Well, there are tons of things I REALLY dislike about this game, but what else is out there? We'll eventually get tired of it if they don't make some changes. I hate to say it, but this game was more fun back in April. Before they made most of these sweeping changes to many things.

Wish I quested with you, I mostly just get yelled at when I say something, most of the time people just don't want to talk. Though I could understand some frustration when they wanted to quest and they aren't going because you want to talk. I understand it, but I don't agree with them.

Entertaining to say the least. I personally have not had one issue as of yet in pick up groups, but yes they are incredibly fast which is just how I likes em!. I dont have the time nor energy to sit around yakking at people I prolly will never group with again.

I have a guild for that.

That being said, I have to say the chat on the planets is really funnier than hell. I laugh my arsenal off nightly.

It is what you make it.. Sarcastic post or not.

:)

I don't think I'm anti-social for wanting to run missions when I join a team. I get my socializing done by chatting with people in general and going to whatever player sponsored social events I might be interested in that go on in game. If I had to guess I'd say at least 90% of the friends I make in MMO's are people I never team with. We just chat while we doing our own things.

I love you :)

Really weak troll. But long, so you get points for that (and yeah, I chuckled a couple times).

Edited by imtrick

Really weak troll. But long, so you get points for that (and yeah, I chuckled a couple times).

It's pretty weak and obvious , still I appreciate it.

Seems most people are taking it serious and bite.

Not sure if it says anything about the trolls quality or the people but let's keep that in the middle.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

That's funny, I wish I could back to the past too. I wish I could go back to the past when the first "we need a LFG tool or the game is broken" thread was created and force every person who has created a useless, duplicate thread about this to post in that thread instead of cluttering up the forums.

You must be new to MMO's, thats how instance runs have always worked. Time is money, taking your sweet time means wasteing someone elses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.