Smoke Grenade seems bugged

Freakzooi

I picked up this skill but it doesn't seem to do much. I've been testing a bit, although it's hard without a proper combat log. I let a mob hit me a set number of times, first time with, and second time without me popping smoke grenade. I had around the same HP left everytime I tried.

Anyone know what's the deal with this skill? I haven't tested it properly in PvP, but I always use it in 1vs1's but it doesn't seem to help me much...

I picked up this skill but it doesn't seem to do much. I've been testing a bit, although it's hard without a proper combat log. I let a mob hit me a set number of times, first time with, and second time without me popping smoke grenade. I had around the same HP left everytime I tried.

Anyone know what's the deal with this skill? I haven't tested it properly in PvP, but I always use it in 1vs1's but it doesn't seem to help me much...

Smoke grenade does not reduce damage per hit. It reduces the chance of hitting. If you want to test it, count the number of hits per 18 second period with and without smoke- not the amount of damage taken from a set number of hits.

i tihnk with the accuracy stat on most of the pvp armour set that its usefulness is somewhat limited in pvp.. that and its small AOE.

im considering dropping the point in it and putting it elsewhere.

any vanguard pvper's with an opinion on the effectiveness of smoke gren?

Smoke grenade does not reduce damage per hit. It reduces the chance of hitting. If you want to test it, count the number of hits per 18 second period with and without smoke- not the amount of damage taken from a set number of hits.

I know, that's why I let a (lower lvl) melee mob attempt to strike me 25 times before I killed it. I ended up with around the same HP each time I tried it, tried 5 times total. Not what you'd call extensive testing, but still. Dropped the talent for now

How odd. I always use it versus groups or elites. It makes a big difference on my health bar during the duration compared to not throwing it. It's not an "oh crap" button, but rather an initial migitator. Just take a good look against rapid firing mobs. They miss quite alot.

I've had great luck with it. It's a 20% damage reduction for mobs in melee range, assuming you aren't moving, on the shortest CD of your damage reduction abilities. It has very limited use in PvP but in PvE tanking I would consider it mandatory.