Is it just me or DO MMO Developers ignore customer base?

Etravex

And no point you've brought up means that Bioware can find bugs any faster than anyone else.

If they knew how to fix it, they would. Maybe they do and it requires a significant amount of recoding, which affects other game systems and causes them to be recoded as well.

Bloody armchair programmers are as bad as armchair quarterbacks.

Oh trust me, they DO know how to fix it, only problem is they decided to rush it rather than push it back and release something with a little higher quality.

There is NO reason an MMO in 2012 should release with a bugged guild interface.

And it's not just bugs, look at the game design. Look at Ilum. This game is FALLING APART

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll defend anything won't you?

EvE onlines game system is MANY times more complex than SWTORs. The EvE devs have to take in account FAR more variables and they do a pretty good job of it. Only difference is, EvE was developed by an INDEPENDENT company in 2003 for gods sake

I'll call your BS.

What may seem more complicated doesn't always make it so. I can tell you what IS more complicated. A server system that is capable of housing over a million individuals (Compared to EVE Online's 150,000-300,000.)

Oh trust me, they DO know how to fix it, only problem is they decided to rush it rather than push it back and release something with a little higher quality.

There is NO reason an MMO in 2012 should release with a bugged guild interface.

And it's not just bugs, look at the game design. Look at Ilum. This game is FALLING APART

Now that you've made the claim, prove it, give us evidence into their inner workings that proves beyond any doubt that you know that they know how to fix these issues.

I mean there are a plethora of broken mechanics such as:

-Ability Delay/Character Responsiveness

-Abilities not firing properly

-Animations preventing competitive play

-Latency and FPS problems in Battlegrounds

-Issues with class quests

-Terrible Auction House Design

-And did I mention Ability Delay/Character Responsiveness?

-Etc...

And BW is implementing emotes while on vehicles... and other nonsensical additions while the customer base is screaming for major fixes to their game all over the forums.

Seems to me the same pattern we've seen before on other MMOs where the Developer is seemingly pretending that their customers complaints don't exist is following suit with Bioware. What do you guys think?

Do you really think it's the same teams and same skill sets working on those two probelms. REally?

I agree there are bugs to be fixed, but this example is just well.....it doesn't make sense to put it kindly.

I'll call your BS.

What may seem more complicated doesn't always make it so. I can tell you what IS more complicated. A server system that is capable of housing over a million individuals (Compared to EVE Online's 150,000-300,000.)

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that I was talking about the server issues (Of which there are MANY). I was talking about the GAME issues.

Edited by Blackwater

It's due to customers like you that they cannot say more. You bring up vehicle emotes, like they are working on nothing else. Not all fixes are equal, not do they take the same amount of effort. If they say anything, they get a customer like you OP that makes a post like this with no clue on how things work.

THANK YOU.

I absolutely agree with you and it's fine. But on some of these issues it would be nice for BW to come out and say "how" they want the game to work and how its not properly working. Otherwise the customer base doesn't know if BW intends to fix it or if its intended...

i will bring up the game which shall not be named, do they tell you everything they are working on? no? thats outrageous, i want to know everything they are working on because as a paying customer I DEMAND it :rolleyes: /saarcasm off

Regardless of what the Bioware Defense Team is stating, this is a service that is being paid for by customers such as yourselves. The first thing everyone needs to do is recognize that I'm not bashing the game nor saying that I'm not going to play it anymore. The whole reason i created this post was to hopefully encourage something good out of it.

What I really want is Bioware to come out and start addressing the legitimate problems with the game and state what they "hope" to do and how it "should" be working. I realize it takes time to complete.

Since everyone else wants to use similar life experience stories to iterate their points I will do the same:

say you were in an auto repair shop with a defective product that you had installed earlier this week on your automobile and you would like the issue resolved. When you talk to the front desk lady and she says "I don't know that's not my department" or "We will investigate the issue." How would you like these types of responses? If anything it shows a lack of mutual teamwork within the auto shop and a major lack of customer support.

I don't care how many people and departments Bioware has. They need to speak to their customers who have legitimate complaints about the service that they are paying for. Not a response such as "We are investigating the issue." Although, I will agree this response is better then no response. I still want to know what and how the service is going to change in the future. Afterall, I'm paying for this service I deserve the right to know.

It's due to customers like you that they cannot say more. You bring up vehicle emotes, like they are working on nothing else. Not all fixes are equal, not do they take the same amount of effort. If they say anything, they get a customer like you OP that makes a post like this with no clue on how things work.

Exactly this.

Now that you've made the claim, prove it, give us evidence into their inner workings that proves beyond any doubt that you know that they know how to fix these issues.

Your evidence is the fact that they MADE THE GAME. Even if they COULDN'T find the issue, they could have rebuilt the guild system from scratch, but, of course, that would have taken EFFORT

And no point you've brought up means that Bioware can find bugs any faster than anyone else.

If they knew how to fix it, they would. Maybe they do and it requires a significant amount of recoding, which affects other game systems and causes them to be recoded as well.

Bloody armchair programmers are as bad as armchair quarterbacks.

Ding ding ding!

The people who believe developers are ignorant of its customer's requests are the most likely same people who think its as easy as pushing a "Make it so!" button and pushing it out in the next patch.

I'm not defending Bioware specifically, but game developers in general. Game design is a helluva lot more complex than it used to be, and gamers have become far more demanding and critical of these systems as well as the developer's visions (which often clash with what certain gamers want to see happen to the product).

Either way, if you're not happy with the game, unsub and be done with it. Pulling the "fix it now [insert screaming tantrum internet child cry here]" technique doesn't work.

THANK YOU.

i will bring up the game which shall not be named, do they tell you everything they are working on? no? thats outrageous, i want to know everything they are working on because as a paying customer I DEMAND it :rolleyes: /saarcasm off

Read the title of the post and realize I'm not just talking about Bioware, but rather a trend among all Developers for MMOs.

Your evidence is the fact that they MADE THE GAME. Even if they COULDN'T find the issue, they could have rebuilt the guild system from scratch, but, of course, that would have taken EFFORT

So that's a 'no i don't have any evidence to backup my claims' then, gotcha.

Edited by Cormey

Some of these would be at least alleviated by a decent customer service program, I.E. answering a ticket with anything other than:

"We have forwarded this ticket to someone who cares even less than I do! Consider the ticket closed!"

-but I'm still stuck...

Ding ding ding!

The people who believe developers are ignorant of its customer's requests are the most likely same people who think its as easy as pushing a "Make it so!" button and pushing it out in the next patch.

I'm not defending Bioware specifically, but game developers in general. Game design is a helluva lot more complex than it used to be, and gamers have become far more demanding and critical of these systems as well as the developer's visions (which often clash with what certain gamers want to see happen to the product).

Either way, if you're not happy with the game, unsub and be done with it. Pulling the "fix it now [insert screaming tantrum internet child cry here]" technique doesn't work.

Have to love how people get on here and make a response based out of ignorance for the general topic.

Like I said I have no problem with it taking time to fix things. But just like when your car is in an autoshop for repairs you want to know the "status" of the given problem and what the plan on doing with it. Is this not a service just as any other that we pay for? I'm sure you would agree with me that you wouldn't be taking your car back to a repair shop if after several months (including beta) the mechanic says "we are investigating the issue" with no plan in site. The big difference is Bioware has foresight for this game and they can tell us "what to expect" from combat etc... Why not share that with your paying customers.

Edited by Etravex

I'll call your BS.

It doesn't matter, if a sever can hold 1 or 1.000.000.000.000 simultan inhabitants. The number is just limited by hardware most of the time, not program code.

But ... I see no difference in creating a brand new car, hifi system and computer games. They are all just a product which should be sold. Would one of you buy a car with bugs? Big ones could be "motor suddenly turn off", small ones "the light of the clock flickers some times".

I do any bet everyone of you would instantly bring it back to the dealer so he repairs it!

The game industrie NEED something like the german TüV. If a new game is bugged like hell, the developer is forbidden to release it!

Other example:

If I do my job just half or in a way that my boss had to send someone else to repair the stuff I made ... he would give me one changs. No second, no third.

And no, money is no argument.

Millions of sold boxes (normal ~50€, advance ~75€, premium 100++€) PLUS each month ~13€ from every user ... that's MORE then enough to hire someone who comunicates with the custumers!

I mean there are a plethora of broken mechanics such as:

-Ability Delay/Character Responsiveness

-Abilities not firing properly

-Animations preventing competitive play

-Latency and FPS problems in Battlegrounds

-Issues with class quests

-Terrible Auction House Design

-And did I mention Ability Delay/Character Responsiveness?

-Etc...

And BW is implementing emotes while on vehicles... and other nonsensical additions while the customer base is screaming for major fixes to their game all over the forums.

Seems to me the same pattern we've seen before on other MMOs where the Developer is seemingly pretending that their customers complaints don't exist is following suit with Bioware. What do you guys think?

Yes, it is just you.

It is ignorant to even suggest that they don't listen to the customer base.

Whiney WoW-bies on the other hand .. yeah .. ignored .. and rightfully so.

Yes, it is just you.

It is ignorant to even suggest that they don't listen to the customer base.

Whiney WoW-bies on the other hand .. yeah .. ignored .. and rightfully so.

This is very simple (since a great deal of you have misinterpreted the context of this topic) I will list only two viable options so you can better see what I'm saying.

1. Bioware should communicate they're intentions to their paying customers for current problems/bugs/glitches within the game: what they plan on doing, how it should be working etc...

OR

2. Bioware has no responsibility to communicate or share information on how things "should" be working to their paying customers. Something such as "we are investigating the issue" is sufficient.

This is what I'm talking about. I believe the former is imperative for a successful company to operate and the latter only drives many customers to other companies.

Edited by Etravex

Have you ever done development work before? Do you realize it's not the developers that prioritize things? Right now people are gathering up bug fixes and updates and trying to figure out what to do. Nothing worse than a whiny customer who has no idea how development works.

Have to love how people get on here and make a response based out of ignorance for the general topic.

Like I said I have no problem with it taking time to fix things. But just like when your car is in an autoshop for repairs you want to know the "status" of the given problem and what the plan on doing with it. Is this not a service just as any other that we pay for? I'm sure you would agree with me that you wouldn't be taking your car back to a repair shop if after several months (including beta) the mechanic says "we are investigating the issue" with no plan in site. The big difference is Bioware has foresight for this game and they can tell us "what to expect" from combat etc... Why not share that with your paying customers.

You need to scale your time frame to match the circumstances.

If your car is making a noise you take it in and ask them if they can fix it.

If they can, they give you a quote on how long and what they are going to do .. and even then the quote takes some time for them to figure out what the problem is.

Now if you start calling back every 5 minutes asking, "IS IT DONE? IS IT DONE? WHI ISN'T IT DONE? WHY ISN'T IT DONE YET?!?! I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW! ! ! ! ! !! "

How do you REALLY expect your mechanic to react?

Because that is the scaled episode you are talking about in your comparison.

Edited by KrelosDarksky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.