The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Extremely Poor Start for Service

Bluejayoo

It's like Bioware took 10 kids to an ice cream shop and then made 9 of them stand outside the window watching the 10th kid eat.

If they could not handle the launch numbers they should have just limited the number of pre-orders and not taken people's money. They didn't seem to have any problem with their payments servers handling the load.

This is very possibly the stupidest idea I've ever seen from an MMO launch. All they have managed to do is generate huge amounts of bad will and place themselves just above Sony for worst customer service from an MMO.

It's like Bioware took 10 kids to an ice cream shop and then made 9 of them stand outside the window watching the 10th kid eat.

If they could not handle the launch numbers they should have just limited the number of pre-orders and not taken people's money. They didn't seem to have any problem with their payments servers handling the load.

This is very possibly the stupidest idea I've ever seen from an MMO launch. All they have managed to do is generate huge amounts of bad will and place themselves just above Sony for worst customer service from an MMO.

summary

I DIDN'T GET IN IMMEDIATLY QQQQQQQQQQ!!!

I'm starting to think they should restrict the forums for people who have access to the game like i believe they where planning.

Cause all this QQ is starting to get old fast...

To summorize.

WHEN IS THE FREEKING LAUNCH DATE AGAIN!? You can start your QQing on the 20th, NOT before ok!

Now, see you at launch

Indeed, although you may not agree with their Early Access model, you can't really complain at all.

Afterall you are getting into the game before the actual launch, and so far we can't really comment on the launch, because it havn't happened yet.

This is early access, not launch.

I pre-ordered and entered my code the first day and got it this morning. They system is working just fine.

I logged in without any problems, created my characters, and unfortunately had to work today because I'm saving my vacation to spend time with the family over Christmas but I will get to play a little tonight.

I don't see the problem.

For a start: we're not in the launch yet, its a head start program, which doesn't mean its a "Launch" its to make sure there servers stay stable.

Secondly, They said you can get in to the servers "Up to 5 days early" but to make it smoother advertised they will let people in "Up to 7 days early" giving them about two days to get as many people in as possible to meet there advertised "Up to 5 days early"

Thirdly, SWTOR has been one of the smoothest releases i've had the pleasure of joining. If you think that SWTOR has had a bad start. please go research Aion Online and there "Release date" or if your a FPS fan, go check out battlefield bad company 2 and there release date.

For a quick bit of infomation: you could not even play Aion in the early access, if you could you were very lucky. you had hours of queues literly, and the client was so bugged the engine which is the core of the game, had a massive critical problem, - it would crash if you got to 4GB of Memory used for the game, And it had a memory leak to make sure you would crash, you had to play the game With everything turned off - including the other people in PVP- just so you would't crash out straight away and get stuck back in the hour-2hour queue,

Battlefield also had alot of critical errors.

Yes on both of them games, they let everyone in at once - but what was the outcome? the servers were so unstable, there was no point in playing,

Just because your upset about not getting in straight away, please refrain from instantly complaining about the lack of service, when they haven't even got to the advertised "5 days" requirement as they started it early then everyone expected.

Are people so impatient they cant wait?

How are you lot when you go shopping? do you complain the store is oh-so-bad, just because you had to wait in line for 30mins-1hour? jeez.

Oh boo-hoo! I am in at the very, very beginning of something amazing and all I can do is ***** and moan that IT DOES NOT ACCOMIDATE AND FULLY MEET MY EVERY EXECTING EXPECTATION BEFORE IT EVEN STARTS!

So do guys like you actually take advanced whiney self-entitlement classes on the side or do you simply rely upon natural talent? Just chill dude; no one cares about your sputtering nerd-rage.

No the stupidest idea ever is this thread.

I could not agree more. As I said in other posts as well, it's almost like they have a level of arrogance that gives them a 'we can do whatever we want' mentality. Technically that's true....do whatever you want. I have a limit though and I know others do too....especially for a pay service. Even Funcom had better communication than this.

Sad as it is to say, the only email i'll probably get is for an infraction. Good news though, I'll get it right away causing I'm hitting refresh every 2 seconds like an ******e.

Afterall you are getting into the game before the actual launch, and so far we can't really comment on the launch, because it havn't happened yet.

This is early access, not launch.

Us getting into the game early is the whole point of the pre-order, if people had known of this Staggered Model, i doubt as many pre-orders would of occured.

The 20th "launch date" is a marketing ploy, in my opinion, to help avoid some of the backlash they are experiencing with a staggered launch. This kind of thing is done in many sectors, with a product actually being out days or weeks before the "launch date".

For the million+ people who pre-ordered, particularly those who did so months ago, a launch date of December 20th means nothing to them, as the effective launch date is today.

I would have appreciated knowing in advance when I get in. If I have to keep checking my email and the game client throughout the day and then find out I don't get in today at all I will be very angry at having my time wasted.

-Bel

at least if i have to wait i get great entertainment, i get to see all these sniveling little kiddies re-word the same tantrum laced whine about why THEY arent in yet!, keep it up makes the morning pass faster.

Best post of the day