The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please give Power Techs a Rifle

leviathandragon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bounty Hunters should be able to access every skill of any class.

No one has asked for anything outrageous. They have not asked for Assault Cannons, Sniper Rifles, or Lightsabers. In fact, many people are perfectly fine with using Blaster Rifles at a discounted damage table.

Learn to contribute intelligently, or don't bother at all.

IMO pistols sucks even dual... but the thing its...we cant have a rifle like Vanguards because they dont have a jetpack.

But i still feel that PT is wrong...its all about gadgets and we should have a hand gun like barret from ff7 or something lol...but it doesnt fit SW i think.

No one has asked for anything outrageous. They have not asked for Assault Cannons, Sniper Rifles, or Lightsabers. In fact, many people are perfectly fine with using Blaster Rifles at a discounted damage table.

Learn to contribute intelligently, or don't bother at all.

indeed.

i wouldnt want a rifle to do more damage than a pistol (actually i was thinking about this - given that its only Rapid Shots that directly comes from weapon damage... make it so that rapid shots does slightly more damage with a rifle, but takes slightly longer too, so same dps. all other skills would just have a slightly different weapon-damage coefficient, as needed).

Powertech with rifle?

your weapon is your armor spitting rockets fire and whatnot from your left arm, it wouldnt make sense to have rifle which needs both hands to operate

Edited by Pwnzie

Honestly, it wouldn't really take that much work. Make trooper carbines droppable for imps, change the unload/rapid shots animations...for everything else, the carbine can just be held like the pistol - to the side as you use your wrist tech.

...It's not going to happen, though. Every powertech has their pistol already, and 50's would be pissed if their pistols were suddenly useless.

Personally, I'm happy with the Pistol/WristmountedFlamethrowerMissileLauncherRailgun arrangement, it suits the style of the AC. Only 2 skills in the Powertech skillbook actually use the main hand weapon anyway I think?

Some more manly looking Pistols, I agree wouldn't hurt. (Mine looks like it's been assembled by a Blue Peter presenter)

Rifle's seem to be more suited to a Merc subspec, doing slower, big hits (or even heals) vs the speedy dual pistol arrangement.

What I personally want, is the option to hide my pistol, and instead have the bolts fly from my wrist.

Of course this would mean a model change but even just a plain barrel coming out would be good.

Like its been said, WE ARE THE ARMOR.

So instead of a pistol, i would like a wrist laser, something in between what we saw on the super battle droids in the movies, and the wrist laser from cowboys and aliens.

Firing laser bolts from my right wrist, then quicking throwing up my left arm to fire a missile.

Edited by TristQueloon

Apparently many of you have never actually held a rifle. It’s not hard to drop it from your shoulder and hold it by the grip with one hand at your side while you do things with the other hand. Look at it this way. A Merc uses two pistols yet STILL gets to use the flame thrower/rocket launcher… a pistol in two hands.. what’s he do? Drop the second pistol to fire it the wrist rocket? Nope he just turns it all gangsta like and fires away. It isn’t about how its going to look. Sure we want cool animations and I’m certain the devs will figure it out if they put this option in, what a lot of us would like is just the option to do so.

Flame Sweep would look pretty awkward with a rifle. I like the pistol because it's compact and makes sense visually when we use our skills because of that. Plus I like the gunslinger feel.

Gotta say that I'd prefer wrist-mounted lasers, though. I'd feel like a walking armory.