The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please give Power Techs a Rifle

leviathandragon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely agree this should be an option. I don't need to have it right now. Down the road, I hope it is addressed. I can never understand why some people are against ideas just because they don't want them. Give us the proficiency for both weapons and both sides are happy. I'm sure the other classes would like the options as well. As an agent, I would like pistols. And I'm sure the force users want something else. Just get feedback from all classes, and make it a content publish later on. I think everyone will ne pleased.

I don't even know that this is an issue among other classes. Every other class kind of comes into their own in terms of weapons..

Lightsaber? Awesome.

Dual lightsabers? Awesome.

Double sided lightsaber? Awesome.

Sniper? Awesome.

Rifle? Awesome.

Dual pistols? Awesome.

Single pistol? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I agree that it makes sense to use a pistol if your primary damage is from skills and not from your weapon.. and I don't think that's even what's being debated.

The Powertech could logically carry any other light weaponry (pretty much any ranged weapon besides a sniper rifle or a heavy chaingun.. or a grenade launcher..) that would require 2 hands to fire, but easily hold it with 1 hand when using skills. I think it would look perfectly normal and be a HUGE step for Powertech's appeal.

Due to class restrictions, I don't think Powertechs SHOULD be able to carry any 'lighter' weaponry, rather restrict them to a pistol or a rifle.

It's all about the looks. With a name like Powertech, you want to feel .. well .. POWERFUL. And we just don't fully look the part.

There's other gripes too, like Flame Burst. Although a decent skill, it seems Bioware did everything in their power to make this skill SEEM harmless... and it's just a turn off.

The sound of it.. a soft 'click', and a mild 'woosh'. Hell, the friggin' Rapid Shots ability sounds more potent! Paired with no cooldown, this ability feels like a spammable trash skill.

(I obviously know it is not trash, but again the point is how it LOOKS and FEELS).

But I'm getting off topic.

Being able to equip rifles would be a HUGE aesthetic gain and would put us on par with the other classes.

Hopefully with an expansion they'll remove the weapon restrictions. Jedi could use all weapons, but why would they? BH, commando, smuggler, those classes should be able to use carbines, blasters, snipers, vibroblades, maybe even throw in a vibroaxe. This is (next to the space combat), one of the most disappointing things in my book. Here's to hoping it gets changed

As a Vanguard Trooper I support this because I would like the option of using a blaster pistol.

not saying I would, but, I would like the option to wield one if I ever came across a awesome one in my travels.

More options never hurt.

signed

my PT already looks bad enough with his helmet that looks like a certain part of the male anatomy (soon to be swapped with a Party City spider mask)

but charging down a horde of enemies while waving a peashooter in the air is not cool. give me a man's weapon.

for all the people complaining about the time it takes to fix the animations for blaster rifles think about this. We paid 60$ for the game itself and 15$ a month for playing. For that much money the game better get constant maintenance or its not worth playing

I agree 100%. Bounty Hunter Power Techs should be able to have a carbine like weapon to be using. Not like a rifle from the clone wars that would just be too clunky and silly. But say a carbine that the Storm Troopers had, they can be fired with one hand easily and was even done so in the movies themselves.

More weapon choices offer far more customization and individualization to peoples classes. And as stated many times before my comment, it's just not intimidating to see some bulky *** BH running at you with a pistol you can hide in your back pocket.

Signed a thousand times. Seriously they need to just bring in a series of weapons that are usable by any class, custom level, cost a bit and look awesome. Prestige weapons. So you want to be a sith but dont want a lightsaber? Here, custom vibro sword. Hey, you want to use a rifle/sniper/whatever to mix things up, sure, but mod it yourself.

Or perhaps i'm just insane.

It's understandable that not everyone agrees with the idea, doesn't really bother me, but I don't see what is so ridiculous about asking for the option. There are way weirder things going on in the star wars universe than "it wouldn't look right doing things one handed" Like super magic powers and crazy sci-fi monks swinging laser swords at people.

I could also understand people making fun of the idea if there was no precedent for bounty hunters primarily using rifles but that isn't the case. Some people act like this is the most silly suggestion ever.

I agree, 100%!

When I first created my Bounty Hunter, I was extremely surprised that I as unable to equip a Blaster Rifle. But I thought, well maybe I'll get it later when I choose my Advanced Class. Nope. When I went to the NPC to finally select Powertech, I was even more surprised to learn Bounty Hunter, across the entire board, is limited to Blaster Pistols only!

I couldn't believe it.

Then, when a friend in my guild asked if I wanted a drop he had found, he was speechless when I told him I was unable to equip it.

I don't think anyone here has ever asked for the Powertech to be changed to Blaster Rifles only. We just want the OPTION to use either one. Those who like their pistols are perfectly welcome to!

And just for the record, a Sith is already able to equip Lightsabers, Vibroswords, and Training Blades. I've already seen a couple Sith running around in moddable Vibroswords.