So Who Should We Blame For the Current State of PvP?

Mackuss

in 90% whining WoW glads who think they know it best with inability to L2P and adapt thinking they are still fighting in a box humping pillars

in 5% overpopulation of sorcerers making class look ******* OP(while its slightly OP)

in 5% random causes including Bioware

Edited by Lerdoc

Beta testers were reporting these imbalances and being largely ignored. That said though, I only had access to the last couple of beta weekends, and it seemed to play better than live. Maybe it's because you didn't see anyone over level 30 in the warzones.

Beta testers were reporting these imbalances and being largely ignored. That said though, I only had access to the last couple of beta weekends, and it seemed to play better than live. Maybe it's because you didn't see anyone over level 30 in the warzones.

First, top, sentence in quotes.

Infact, some ability delays weren't in the Beta. Now people are complaining.

in 90% whining WoW glads who think they know it best with inability to L2P and adapt thinking they are still fighting in a box humping pillars

in 5% overpopulation of sorcerers making class look ******* OP(while its slightly OP)

I lol'd.

Why do the clueless always try to blame the Beta testers? We didn't design the game and we can't force anyone to listen to us.

Well I ask partly as a loaded quest I must admit. PARTLY though. I PERSONALLY know atleast 8 people that all were very frequent BETA testers (not just the Thanksgiving weekend) that very avidly said that they were just playing to have fun - and never reported anything.

And seeing how statistics work......

Bioware?

Or - and I often wonder this....

What in the living hell were the BETA testers doing this entire time............?

so tell me again what the problem with PvP is ?

You getting owned too often and think "hey, its not me that needs to L2P but PvP is a mess" ?

What in the living hell were the BETA testers doing this entire time............?

Being shocked they added in a pvp stat.

Laughing to ourselves at all the guards they added at launch into the open world because we were actually having fun killing each other in our quest hubs.

Oh, and trying not to say "I told you so" with the bolster system.

Being shocked they added in a pvp stat.

Laughing to ourselves at all the guards they added at launch into the open world because we were actually having fun killing each other in our quest hubs.

Oh, and trying not to say "I told you so" with the bolster system.

I lol'd.

Translation: Hello, I'm Nerdy McFETT, this is the first time someone as bad as me can compete with all these good people and actually win warfronts without having to kill any players.

I have a Assassin with which I have played 5 warfronts and can attest to perfect balance.

I have told my mother to contact our lawyer if you dare keep up bad mouthing this perfect creation of my Gods.

Why do the clueless always try to blame the Beta testers? We didn't design the game and we can't force anyone to listen to us.

Because most beta testers, Majority of them the weekend warriors, Found bugs But just made a QQ thread about it instead.

Some beta testers also found exploits etc and rather then suggest balancing it decided that they should just keep it quiet and remain so upon live version they could replicate it.

Also look at the first 50s on your server, ask which were full time beta testers.

all the first 50s on my server were beta testers that went through the story and on live space bar'd there way to rushing.

There is nothing wrong with pvp. Stuff like lag and abilities not responding are caused by something else.

There are no "OP classes" or abilities, just good and bad players. Having tried a few classes since beta I find them equally as good in pvp, but then I know how to play....

Edited by NasherUK

Beta testers voice nearly every concern that is being whined about currently.

We went out of our way to provide evidence/causes to the problems and it was all simply ignored.

Basically the feeling is. Bioware does not and will not care about pvp any time soon. So pretty much its gonna stay the same. Hutt ball will be determined by whoever has more sorcs/sages. Alderan will be determined by who has the most tanks and voidstar will be determined by the stealthers.

TOR's pvp has been a total mess since they opened it up. They KINDA fixed the combat responsiveness a little but its definitely still there for anyone who plays any kind of fluid/reaction based video game. WoW for example has nearly flawless input delay, with ending clips as well. Swtor ....

We went out of our way to provide evidence/causes to the problems and it was all simply ignored.

Basically the feeling is. Bioware does not and will not care about pvp any time soon. So pretty much its gonna stay the same. Hutt ball will be determined by whoever has more sorcs/sages. Alderan will be determined by who has the most tanks and voidstar will be determined by the stealthers.

TOR's pvp has been a total mess since they opened it up. They KINDA fixed the combat responsiveness a little but its definitely still there for anyone who plays any kind of fluid/reaction based video game. WoW for example has nearly flawless input delay, with ending clips as well. Swtor ....

Yeah, the ability delay has been the standout for me - particularly on the JK/SW. Sometimes it seems straight up impossible to interrupt anything because abilities just don't go off.

This. During Beta, the only contact we had from the Devs was when one of them responded to a expletive laced rant about..... damn can't remember if it was about PvP, ability lag, itemization, JK/SW getting interrupts and stuns too late, color match to chest, etc.... (I think it was about the mod system changes).

Like he said, literally everyone that was in Beta for more than the weekends saw all the problems in live, which never got addressed, and in most cases, never acknowledged by BioWare.

Bioware?

Or - and I often wonder this....

Gabe is the man i belive to blame.

And we told BW lots of things in beta but they dident listen.

And now we have this...

This. During Beta, the only contact we had from the Devs was when one of them responded to a expletive laced rant about..... damn can't remember if it was about PvP, ability lag, itemization, JK/SW getting interrupts and stuns too late, color match to chest, etc.... (I think it was about the mod system changes).

Like he said, literally everyone that was in Beta for more than the weekends saw all the problems in live, which never got addressed, and in most cases, never acknowledged by BioWare.

It is the beta method that is used by the majority of games. LotRO had a QA server that they interviewed you to get in. And they auto lvled you and gave you armor and basically MADE you test it. None of this 'im just playing it to play it' crap that probably the majority of the beta testers did. ((not saying all but looking at all the 50s within 2 days of official launch that space barred the convo's yea they sure helped test things...))

So blame the method of beta not anything else... well the useless people who didn't test can be blamed... and the people who let those useless people in can be blamed as well... you know what nyerk it we are blaming everyone!

"Dude the internal build is like three builds ahead of the one we are testing."

sums up why nothing ever got fixed in beta. Every complaint, every bug report, every critical thread got spammed with fanboys until most people just gave up and started trolling the forums.

I'm 100% serious.