The truth

Amarath

Battro

"

I can't possibly see how any could go to this page and think "They aren't letting enough people in fast enough!".

How daft can you possibly be? The game's release date is 12-20-11, and it's when you should have expected to have your hands on the game.

Anything else is a bonus, particularly the first two bonus days that we were given.

"

12/13/11 10:40 Est

All European servers light population, US servers mostly standard population, with just 1 heavy, and NINE (9) light.

Yeah this pretty much proves they have the server room, they just divided their subs into like 6 days and well you get in when you get in. We see early order helps , but many who ordered 1st day still are not in.

So in the end, EA/bioware could get you into the game atm... there is room. But hey thats not the plan, and you know the plan is GREATER than the player.

I doubt this game will become much.. ill get 50 play it for a month or 2 and say goodbye.

Who knows maybe they will have a change of heart and decide that their players deserve the best service they can offer.

Edited by Amarath

servers are light as people are sleeping. adding people when servers are light is not a valid argument unless all the people they add or not on the same sleep schedule as the people already in.

see you at launch :)

Sleeping is for the weak minded!!

They expanded the populations on Realms, Mind Trick was a Full server earlier now it is only Standard. Also good for you maybe you should save time/money and leave now, because I'm sure people are tired of seeing these forums where people complain about nothing. Edited by Reaperchris

The truth is there are a lot of people out there who think they know better the capacity of the hardware then the people who actually wrote the softweare and are there running said hardware.

During the 11/11/11 Beta weekend they "Stress Tested" the servers with 2.5 million people. They can allow all of use pre-orders in, we have already proved that.

Maybe. Though if they were sure their servers could take it, what would be the motivation in annoying a lot of customers?

I mean, besides because they are evil.

Please note that is a general comment or at least a bad joke, and not aimed at you.

Edited by Aram_Darksun

All European servers light population, US servers mostly standard population, with just 1 heavy, and NINE (9) light.

Yeah this pretty much proves they have the server room, they just divided their subs into like 6 days and well you get in when you get in. We see early order helps , but many who ordered 1st day still are not in.

So in the end, EA/bioware could get you into the game atm... there is room. But hey thats not the plan, and you know the plan is GREATER than the player.

I doubt this game will become much.. ill get 50 play it for a month or 2 and say goodbye.

Who knows maybe they will have a change of heart and decide that their players deserve the best service they can offer.

OK, goodbye.

I know people want to play, hey, I want to play too. But we all knew about the staggered access, so there is no point raging against it now. BW will let the people in as they have programmed, not when YOU think they should. Complaining and threatening to quit just makes you look childish, and will not get you in any earlier.

So, all I can say, is patience. This will all be forgotten once you are playing. As simple as that.

Maybe. Though if they were sure their servers could take it, what would be the motivation in annoying a lot of customers?

Why do people assume server capacity is the only factor here. I see a whole bunch of armchair game developers that don't seem to be able to look past their own entitlement problems to see that there are a lot of other factors to take into consideration.

Zone crowding is a potential issue. There could be bugs they don't know about yet, and they'd rather not expose to the entire playerbase to them all at once to keep support from being swamped. They may want to keep their word that people who pre-ordered early would get more early access time.

It's not just about how many people you can cram onto a server before it falls over.

During the 11/11/11 Beta weekend they "Stress Tested" the servers with 2.5 million people. They can allow all of use pre-orders in, we have already proved that.

Funny how soon people already forgot all the whines and threads after threads complaining about the Beta, specifically in term of crashes, queues, lags and not able to play!

Edited by Cantiga

Please note that is a general comment or at least a bad joke, and not aimed at you.

Fully understood. They had us do the strangest things to stress the servers, like everyone search the database for "sith" and report player with bad name of Earth2011....no crashes, just a little lag. SO I dont understand why they couldnt have worked a full day like the rest of us. They started at 730am EST, and completely quit at 200pm EST, thats only 7 hours of work, including the 30 minute lunch break.

What BW needs to do is put a boot in RockJaws Arse, get him off Twitter...what a stupid place to post updates, and get him on the forums where he needs to be.

Lol fail post. It's day one and they've got barely any light load US servers left. Tomorrow is going to be the same amount of people or more...they'll have to open up whole new servers. They also have to monitor the servers to ensure server stability over the next 12 hours. Not all the problems come out right off the bat, they happen over time and, in this way, they'll be able to do a better job of dealing with them as they occur, rather than having a dozen crises happen at once.

Anyone thinking to judge this game on how it launches is a fool. MMORPG's are notorious for bad starts, that includes WoW which has had years and years of record level subscriptions, topping out at 12 million people paying 15 bucks per month...they had a TERRIBLE launch. You and anyone else kicking up a fuss over launch are foolish as hell. Bioware is doing a way better job than any other launch I've been to. They people in game are happy as clams, it's only people on the forums with any complaints and it's all bull **** that everyone should have known was coming. Staggered launch has been known for as long as pre orders have been available. The caution they're taking is a direct result of what they saw during the beta weekend stress tests, it's why we have 2 more days of early access! They needed the extra days to let in less people and have more time to make sure they don't **** it up.

Everyone who wants to gripe should bloody well read the dev tracker first, they explain everything, them being the only ones with the information, knowledge and experience necessary to determine how this all unfolds. Come next month no one will give a crap about how well launch went, which is going fine btw. By the time the whiners get into early access they'll have forgotten and will shut the hell up, like a baby being given it's bottle.

Maybe. Though the point of this post was to point out they don't mind annoying a lot of their customers. THE facts are out there , people rationalizing bioware's purposeful lack of attempt to get as many people into the early access asap, doesn't change the fact that its occurring.

Edit- i do agree with the possition that today maybe being used as a quasi-beta test for the most recent build and have typed this elsewhere also.

But the point of this post to clearly make the point that, there is room and their could be more room... but bioware WANTs it otherwise. Yet, i see people still denying or rationalizing this.

Still, to me i was weary of the long term appeal and dev.s commitment to the game, this is just one of the many developments that makes me feel that ill play the game enjoy it for a few months and then move on. I am not attacking the game on this point only that, mmos are hard to keep very entertaining and positive.

Great things i have seen from the dev.s are that they can fix server issues FAST / they have some great coders on hand its very surprising .

Maybe. Though the point of this post was to point out they don't mind annoying a lot of their customers. THE facts are out there , people rationalizing bioware's purposeful lack of attempt to get as many people into the early access asap, doesn't change the fact that its occurring.

Edit- i do agree with the possition that today maybe being used as a quasi-beta test for the most recent build and have typed this elsewhere also.

But the point of this post to clearly make the point that, there is room and their could be more room... but bioware WANTs it otherwise. Yet, i see people still denying or rationalizing this.

Still, to me i was weary of the long term appeal and dev.s commitment to the game, this is just one of the many developments that makes me feel that ill play the game enjoy it for a few months and then move on. I am not attacking the game on this point only that, mmos are hard to keep very entertaining and positive.

Great things i have seen from the dev.s are that they can fix server issues FAST / they have some great coders on hand its very surprising .

They don't need a beta test for this build, quasi or otherwise. They already tested it, it's the one from the very last beta test, which occurred after the very last beta weekend.

They're keeping populations low for valid reasons which they've already discussed. Dev tracker is your friend and the devs are communicating, for those willing to look rather than complain.

servers are light as people are sleeping. adding people when servers are light is not a valid argument unless all the people they add or not on the same sleep schedule as the people already in.

see you at launch :)

They have been light all day, with no change. Clearly you missed the point...

I am someone who both works in IT Implementation and change management, and played in the last weekend beta which performed very well with, supposedly, more than double the number of people playing than there are in total preorders.

I have to say that so far I find the rate and methodology at which the EGA is proceeding extremely bizarre. It has all the hallmarks of blind adherance to an obviously flawed marketing idea.

The way it's going they are risking serious damage to all the good work done in splitting and preallocating guilds to servers that may very well be full before all the guild members are able to create characters.

They are risking severe damage to pvp server communities by unintentionly stacking the deck to advantage gankers in a game that already offers incentives for that behaviour.

And easily the biggest mistake, is the lack of decent communication leaving a large section of the core user base swinging in the wind. One of the big things about MMO launches, including early game access, is that players enjoy making an event of it, they plan stuff with friends and guildies and often take days off.

One of the great things about EGA is that done properly it can build community and goodwill, in this case I see the opposite happening.

It is also obvious to me that what your seeing now is nothing compared to what's going to happen if all the preorders aren't on board by Friday night.

I am someone who both works in IT Implementation and change management, and played in the last weekend beta which performed very well with, supposedly, more than double the number of people playing than there are in total preorders.

I have to say that so far I find the rate and methodology at which the EGA is proceeding extremely bizarre. It has all the hallmarks of blind adherance to an obviously flawed marketing idea.

The way it's going they are risking serious damage to all the good work done in splitting and preallocating guilds to servers that may very well be full before all the guild members are able to create characters.

They are risking severe damage to pvp server communities by unintentionly stacking the deck to advantage gankers in a game that already offers incentives for that behaviour.

And easily the biggest mistake, is the lack of decent communication leaving a large section of the core user base swinging in the wind. One of the big things about MMO launches, including early game access, is that players enjoy making an event of it, they plan stuff with friends and guildies and often take days off.

One of the great things about EGA is that done properly it can build community and goodwill, in this case I see the opposite happening.

It is also obvious to me that what your seeing now is nothing compared to what's going to happen if all the preorders aren't on board by Friday night.

This is 100% correct.

Someone had a "great idea", when it turned out to be less than that.. so far BW is sticking with it. Thats an issue in mmos, pride and planning cannot get in the way of functionality and improvement.

Tho, i will say again, it maybe for other reasons we do not know they are holding back so many players from playing.

ATm there as as many light as standard population US servers.

Edited by Amarath