The Clone Wars TV show... do you like it?

Wishpig

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed with it. I watched probably all of the first season and some other episodes since then (the most recent one being part of one of the episodes in the slave arc). I consider myself a huge Star Wars fan, and they can be a little entertaining, but they are ultimately of a somewhat poor quality in my opinion. The dialogue is extremely lacking and the whole show is permeated by an undefinable aura of awkwardness (kind of hard to explain, but it ties in with the bad dialogue that says what's going on instead of showing us and letting us deduce it for ourselves).

Yeah, it's a great series. But it does not blow any prequel movie out of the water.

The prequels great, especially Revenge of the Sith. The second best part of the saga if you ask me. Empire is number one, always. :)

We have to agree to disagree, I find the prequels vitrually unwatchable. I would put Revenge of the Sith maybe 3rd, but more likely fourth on my list.

I quite like the Clone Wars cartoon :), although there are some moments in it where they write the characters to be stupid (as in the audience has figured out what's going on but the characters take an episode or two to figure it out :<) just to get the story that they have written initially, when if the characters were smart the story would need to take a different path.

Other than that it's cool :). I like the Mandalore planet in the cartoon, mainly because of playing Kotor :D and I think that it's cool how after thousands of years the Mandalorians dislike fighting.

But the fact that it's aimed at a younger audience does annoy me :<, only because the writers write the story thinking getting things right doesn't matter cause "it's just a kids show" >.<.

I quite like the Clone Wars cartoon :), although there are some moments in it where they write the characters to be stupid (as in the audience has figured out what's going on but the characters take an episode or two to figure it out :<) just to get the story that they have written initially, when if the characters were smart the story would need to take a different path.

Other than that it's cool :). I like the Mandalore planet in the cartoon, mainly because of playing Kotor :D and I think that it's cool how after thousands of years the Mandalorians dislike fighting.

But the fact that it's aimed at a younger audience does annoy me :<, only because the writers write the story thinking getting things right doesn't matter cause "it's just a kids show" >.<.

I would agrue it as being writen for kids anymore. The last new episode had a Twi'lek slave comit suicide in front of Ashoka because should would rather die than serve the slaver master any longer. It showed her jump from a room then dead on the sidewalk. Seems very dark and adult to me.

I've never watched it and always thought it was just a kids show, but by some of te posts in this thread, I'll give it a shot.

Off topic: I bought the game of it during a steam star wars special. I didn't like the game due to the annoying camera angles but the gameplay was fun I found.

I've never watched it and always thought it was just a kids show, but by some of te posts in this thread, I'll give it a shot.

It's a kid's show kinda how Avatar Last Airbender and Batman Beyond are kids shows, but you can appreciate it. People do die, get stabbed, get their necks broken, get blown up etc etc. I like how it doesn't just focus on Kenobi/Anakin but other Jedi and the Clones themselves too (they have the best episodes imo).

If you get to episode 10 in season 1 you'll be hooked ;)

Edited by PagingCraig

It goes against all established Canon pretty commonly and that's a major annoyance. It also paints the clones as idiots, and that's worse.

I don't like it, but I watch it because it's Star Wars and I try to like a few episodes every season.

Ya... that was PRETTY weird, seems many liked it though.

im one who liked it mainly for the concept, the whole balance thing just appealed to me

i can see how it wouldnt to some though.

what made me like the set of eps for me was when anakin saw his future,

it was a lil corny and convenient(him forgetting it 3mins later)

It goes against all established Canon pretty commonly and that's a major annoyance. It also paints the clones as idiots, and that's worse.

I don't like it, but I watch it because it's Star Wars and I try to like a few episodes every season.

Really? I thought it humanized them and focused in on them as individuals and whether they should just be fighting blindly as an accepted fate. Rex and all them seem pretty smart to me.

I'm a late convert to Clone Wars - heard mixed reviews of the first season, and the movie had a 14% rating on RottenTomatoes.com - but then I heard the series was much improved, and so gave it a watch - and have been hooked ever since. Watched all the episodes (in part to stave off SWTOR withdrawl) and can't wait for the new one in January.

To me the show is utter crap but Anakin at least shows some connection to the Darth Vader which is more than what he did in prequels.

His demeanor, garb, use of objects as weapons and ruthlessness show promise of his future self.

Edited by Vengola

I also just saw the first episode and never gave it a second thought...but after reading your guys posts i may just hafta give it another shot...wouldnt be the first show to start crapy and slowly get better as the creators find its strengths and develope the story/characters.

Watched the movie and it was terribad. The Cartoon Network animated (Samurai Jack Style) microseries was amazing, but based on this thread I may give the show a look. Thank u, thread!

Movie isn't all that great imo and I watched it after S1. Also the first episode is like the only Yoda episode ever, no clue why they started with that.

Watched the movie and it was terribad. The Cartoon Network animated (Samurai Jack Style) microseries was amazing, but based on this thread I may give the show a look. Thank u, thread!

Ugh, the movie was awful. The show has greatly evolved since though.

I very much dislike what they did with the battle droids. Giving them that stupid, slapstick style personality. I cringe every time one of them has dialogue.

That's the only thing I don't like about it. I like that they're not necessarily catering to the youngsters (although there have been a few episodes this was blatantly the case), but making it a bit darker and more intelligent. I'd be interested in seeing what the final fate of Asohka is.