Merciless Slash hitting for less than tool tip?

knosian

I haven't seen this talked about before, but I just got merciless slash at 40 and notice it hits a considerable less than what it claims to hit for in the tool tip. With 5 stacks of Juyo form it says it will hit for at least 1500 roughly, when it's more like 1000 - 1200 at the most.

Am I missing something?

Edited by knosian

I actually posted this a few threads down. This is the first game I think I have played where a skill does less than the tooltip, usually it does more. Kinda strange. I need to go back and see if I see an offhand hit when I use merciless slash. I am not sure I do. Will check tomorrow. All of our skills do less than the tooltip, not just mercy slash.

I will look more in depth at it tomorrow, and it would be nice to get some of our more savvy ppl on it too.

I actually posted this a few threads down. This is the first game I think I have played where a skill does less than the tooltip, usually it does more. Kinda strange. I need to go back and see if I see an offhand hit when I use merciless slash. I am not sure I do. Will check tomorrow. All of our skills do less than the tooltip, not just mercy slash.

I will look more in depth at it tomorrow, and it would be nice to get some of our more savvy ppl on it too.

The offhand hits are easy to see, just do master strike. You should see 2 numbers pop up at the start (main hand and off hand) and then another 2 at the end of the channel (again main hand and off hand). Of course this is presuming everything hits, offhand accuracy is pretty low.

Most attacks that this apply to even say it in description, Merciless slash is "Strikes the target with both lightsabers", others say 'attacks with both weapons if dual-wielding' etc.

I guess that makes sense, but it still seems lower than it should be.

I watched the damage and the main hand normally hits for 1160 and then there's another 160 damage from offhand. 1800 if it crits on the main hand. I'm level 40 and performed this test on a prowling ice cat, 38 strong mob in Hoth. I made sure I had 5 stacks of juyo form up, which should give about 1500 - 1700 with the stacks. Armor should take some of it away, but it shouldn't make THAT much of a different I wouldn't think, as theres also my bonus damage to go into account. I also saw this same behavior on weak / normal mobs. Even with the off-hand, its consistently hitting for a combined 300 less than the tooltip says it is.

At the moment I have about 168 bonus damage from STR and Power.

What it almost looks like its doing is it's not taking the juyo form buff into account and just hitting for the base amount, which is 1239 - 1421 at level 40. That would add up better to the numbers I'm seeing right now.

Edited by knosian