Why SWTOR will flourish

GageIbbetson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that, and the fact that each realm always shows a rough indication of how many people currently playing? And that they haven't added a single server (EU at least) since launch? Not that there's any need, EU PvE is quite roomy.

Like it or not, it has gone down a bit, after all the launch-hype is nearing its end.

It's not brain surgery.

That's odd, because it's 12:30 in the morning, pacific time, and of the 126 servers avaiable in the US, 25 are light, and the rest are standard or heavy.....roughly about the same of each. At a more normal game time, 3-6 PST, you see nothing but heavy/very heavy/full.

I guess that would make your fact not a fact. Shucks.

LoL, 8 slots filling up with new classes that will do the same quests over and over and over and over and over again.

Class quest is just so small a part of the class that it ridiculous.

Even using it as an example why you should play a new class is stupid. How many quests are there in the class quests? There are so damne few compered to all the other quests you end up doing that when you play a new class you will just do the same quests over and over again. The class quests is just what, 5% of the quests you will do until you reach 50. And barely that.

Which is 5% more reason to play an alt than in any other MMO, ever. And as far as made up numbers go, that 5% is quite important to a lot of people. Especially when even the made up 95% can have different reactions, options, and makes you more than one more nameless drone.

Edited by Jxspyder

This game has one thing others don't have. It's star wars. People will give this game a lot longer chance than other mmos. With this kind of IP, the devs have to try to screw it up.

*cough* Star Wars Galaxies *cough*

I think swtor has already stopped growing, and after that first month there will be a small decline, even.

If you think swtor will grow like WoW did, think again.

But as long as I can play this great game, I don't really care.

people like you think they are prophets

lol ''think again'' this dude KNOWS SOMETHING WE DONT GUYS!!!

Get out , Raël or whatever his name is, quit the game or play it.

Personally, from my experience as a fellow MMORPG gamer (played EVE online been in null sec system, WoW endgame content raiding from vanilla to boringtaclysm, been in WAR for long enough to see it crumble on itself .. sadly D: , played the grindfest that is AEON, did some of GW1) I think people are just spoiled crying babies that want the stuff now, not tomorrow, or in 1 month, NOW..

Get real, and freakin read the devs POST they are working on new content RIGHT NOW 1 new operation and a new flashpoints and i think new warzones. Damnit people, LEARN TO WAIT.

+1 for this thread im tired of the QQ threads BUMP

Edited by Zackath

I'm sick of reading all the "game will die, I'm unsubbing" threads covering this forum so I decided to make a thread of the opposite opinion and I'll try to do it without creating a wall of text.

It's fun from level 1:

The game is ACTUALLY INTERESTING as soon as you create your character, whether or not you decide to give a hoot about the people on your starting planet you'll surely give a damn about your character's personal story. Whether or not you just had your ship stolen, you're trying to join the great hunt or there's a dark jedi trying to crush the jedi order it's a thousand times better than clicking Accept on instant-text quests and killing 10 wolves.

Maybe for the 1st character. When making alts you will spacebar all the way to 50. Not including class quests which are still new.

You actually want to play alternate classes/characters:

Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, but a long time ago in World of Warcraft I played a Warrior and that was the only class I liked and I didn't care at all about trying anything else...

In SW:TOR however, each class's story is unique and impactful & as soon as I was done leveling my Knight I decided to create and level a smuggler and a bounty hunter; as opposed to the same boring to tears grind I would have to endure in any other game.

Also I believe there's 8 character slots on one server so people can have one of everything (go figure).

Not really. The majority of players won't play classes they don't like, just to see the story. Most players will pick one or two classes and not care about the rest

PvP:

PvP is fun and enjoyable for a few reasons besides the design such as huttball (greatest battleground in any game IMO).

Getting into a match is FAST, why is it so fast?

- The bolster system, currently we're all in the same bracket so there's no LENGTHY wait times just to play a match to play with folk within the same 9 levels of you (soon there will be a 50 only).

- To queue for a match, you queue for everything. This gets rid of most players selecting the one most popular warzone and not playing the others and instead has people play everything quite fairly.

PvE:

I haven't done any flashpoint beyond maelstrom prison or any operations so as far as I've experienced they're a charming distraction and finding a group is not difficult at all.

When you're leveling a character they're very brilliantly introduced on each planet you go to and there's a hint of urgency involved and the story aspect (regardless if you want loot or not), the chances are that you'll do every FP at least once to experience it.

Opposed to...

- Level a character 1-85 in WoW; you will skip most dungeons since they're entirely pointless and forgotten.

End-game in general:

Not enough operations? PvP still needs work?

If these are your complaints about the game, cry me a river. The game LAUNCHED two weeks ago, an MMO is a living breathing thing with many patches to come full of content and possible expansions.

Fixed it.

It's fun from level 1:

I actually found the game dull, from level 1. I mean, might be interesting if you focus enough on story, but in terms of map design, gameplay mechanics, etc? I felt the early game makes a terrible first impression.

You actually want to play alternate classes/characters:

No, I don't. I can't see the appeal of going through the same content all over again, especially given the aforementioned dull insipid gameplay mechanics and boring lifeless world.

I have no idea at all what game you're playing if you think (especially early) that the gameplay mechanics are "dull" and "insipid". Combat in SW:TOR is incredibly more pleasing (at least to the eye) than any other game I've played.

Let's compare 1-10 in SWTOR to WOW...

SW:TOR - Every class get's a huge spice of variety in their abilities that showcase the basics of what it will be like the rest of the way (grenades, cover features, force leap, lightning, etc). And if you simply think it "might be interesting if you focus enough on story" you're playing the wrong game, please leave.

WoW - Only a handful of abilities, with words I can attribute to "dull insipid gameplay mechanics" with nothing else to care about.

"Oh, kill 10 wolves, okay"

*Heroic strike, heroic strike, heroic strike*

Dazzling!

Fixed it.

Your fixes still coincide with my points.

Yeah that, and the fact that each realm always shows a rough indication of how many people currently playing? And that they haven't added a single server (EU at least) since launch? Not that there's any need, EU PvE is quite roomy.

Like it or not, it has gone down a bit, after all the launch-hype is nearing its end.

It's not brain surgery.

i noticed there is less server with queue but also less server with a light population.

they need to fill up every server before adding more at this point