TOR=Fun from lvl 1. WoW= Boring till your max lvl

carrylot

Sorry I am done with that era of MMO's. I will not pay money to spend months, grinding, hating leveling just to get to max lvl so I can start another 1-2 year grind to get the best PVP gear. SWTOR managed to make starting from lvl 1 fun, this is the future of MMO's.

I do not know what you are talking about. when wow first came out I was very happy from level 1-60.

Every new skill I learned, talent I acquired and lewt i received was new and exciting to me.

I really liked that I cou8ld mine and make sharpening stones for my warriors weapons.

I was really amazed how I was able to charge in water. It looked cool. I would even angle the camera while in the water to watch him charge.

exploration was fun as I have been a fan of warcraft for a long time. It was cool to see all the characters brought to the game.

every new dungeon brought new discovery. I remember when we did AQ 20-40. I was happy to ju8st be there the first time around even though we wiped due to not knowing all the boss mechanics yet.

as the expansions came out the awe lessened and lessened but wow is a good game. As a vet or jaded player you may not see it b8ut it is a good game.

So stop being a child. if you like tor good for you.

I think tor is a 1 player game with co op implemented as mmo.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't played World of Warcraft have you?

EDIT: Btw, thanks for giving Blizzard more publicity.

I started playing when WotLK came out, and his assessment applied to those times.

Story makes a lot of difference.

To quote Penny Arcade, I don't think anyone cared about the personality of their troll shaman.

Edited by cdstephen

I started playing when WotLK came out, and his assessment applied to those times.

Story makes a lot of difference.

To quote Penny Arcade, I don't think anyone cared about the personality of their troll shaman.

Maybe Penny Arcade didnt. I played on an rp server and certainly cared about the personality of my druid and a lot of people there did. Admittingly the ways you could rp your char in game were more limited then in SW but then we just sought refuge to stories we wrote about our chars.

I like TOR very much but the whole 'WoW has no story' is ridiculous. Uptill the Lich King it did not really have an overarcing story but there still were a whole lot of smaller stories which could be moving, emotional etc if you cared to read them. I especially remember the whole Darrowshire questline as being really good.

In TOR there will be and are plenty of people that skip the dialogues as much as they can and will not have much sense of story either

Edited by Shrandar

I agree with the OP.. Playing WoW it almost feels like 2 games.. one where you're grinding to max level, another where your grinding gear. In ToR I just feel like I can take a step back without rushing enjoying the experience from level 1 onwards.. it takes a lot of time to get into the meaty stuff on WoW in ToR it just isn't the case.

No.

I will not bother to explain as your every post oozes with blatant ignorance and trolling.

There is no search feature yet, but just today I have come across only trash posts from you. Don't want to know what you posted the other days. Man... You need to get laid.

If you're a dialogue skipper, SWTOR really doesn't offer much.

Story is the most important and defining features of SWTOR. If you skip it, you end up with a product that can't compete with WoW.

After you complete class quests and hit level 50, whether you're a dialogue skipper or not, what does the game really offer? The dialogue is over. You can go roll an alt. What happens when you work your way through every story in the game?

Basically what I'm saying is that at the end of the day Bioware still built their game around the WoW model which was built on the EQ model, story and dialogue included or not. Get a character to max level, and gear it up. If they spent most of their time and energy on the leveling process, then good luck to them for the longevity of the title.

So if you want to pay $15 a month to level some characters and listen to some stories that pale in comparison to almost every other Bioware game ever released, go right on ahead.

I have yet to experience any of this so called amazing story. Some guy telling me his life story before sending me off to kill 15 bad guys hardly engages me especially when I have started to see my character say exactly the same replies .Questing in this game is some of the worst I have experienced in any game fetch quests and kill x number mobs is an archaic design and has no place in an mmo coming out in 2011.The questing in wow is so far ahead of this game it's not funny and they even have some humor! Which is completely lacking in this game

Not only that, you've got SEVEN other stories to go through.

No, you got 7 minor variables to play trough, the rest of the game, the side quests, the planets, ect, will still be done in the same order and then you'll see than 90% of the choices you make for conversation doesn't have any effect on the overall outcome.

I especially remember the whole Darrowshire questline as being really good.

Urgh, just thinking about Darrowshire gives me an emotional punch trough the heart :( Poor Pamela.

None of the quests in TOR have even come close to giving me that feeling.

Thats highly subjective.

For me its more like TOR 1-50 meh.

Wow 1-85 fun, specially since the 1-60 zones revamp.

Apart from that quests such as: Welcome to the machine or The day deathwing came are about 8 million times more entertainment then TORs endliss slayy XXX and destroy 6 supply crate quests.

I have yet to experience any of this so called amazing story. Some guy telling me his life story before sending me off to kill 15 bad guys hardly engages me especially when I have started to see my character say exactly the same replies .Questing in this game is some of the worst I have experienced in any game fetch quests and kill x number mobs is an archaic design and has no place in an mmo coming out in 2011.The questing in wow is so far ahead of this game it's not funny and they even have some humor! Which is completely lacking in this game

Maybe because this game isn't about humor? The quests in WoW have very little to do with the actual story and more to do with pop culture. Sorry but if I want that I will play WoW. If I want a serious story (which I do) I will play ToR.

Compare quests such as these:

To the neverending standart TOR quests: "Destroy 6 supply crates" "Bonus kill 30 smuggler forces"

And tell me that tor leveling is so interesting comparedd to other games again with a staight face :D

Maybe because this game isn't about humor?

Neither is wow but sometimes you need to break the mood from endless bad guy trying to kill everyone bs , and you know actually give the game some charm .Usually bioware games are good at this but swtor feels devoid of any sort of character.I mean it's basic story telling which everybody tells me is what this game is about yet I feel nothing .

Compare quests such as these:

To the neverending standart TOR quests: "Destroy 6 supply crates" "Bonus kill 30 smuggler forces"

And tell me that tor leveling is so interesting comparedd to other games again with a staight face :D

Gee and it only took them six years to start coming out with quests like that. You are right. I am throwing out my copy of ToR and re-subbing to WoW right now. /sarcasm

Gee and it only took them six years to start coming out with quests like that. You are right. I am throwing out my copy of ToR and re-subbing to WoW right now. /sarcasm

Afaik the OP is not comparing to 2004 WoW but the current one, which it competes with.

sweet me too ill be on thunderlord /nosarcasm

Edited by Corwingeorge

WoW leveling is always fun when it's new. I don't know why people can't remember that. SWTOR one day will reach a point where all the focus is on max level content too.

Compared to SWTOR, no it is not. You don't care about quests and there were only few quests you actually to bother read (some new Cataclysm quests were actually decent).

SWTOR has clearly the best leveling experience. They just need to start building the end-game fixes and adding to it pretty soon. And no, I'm definitely not cancelling even though I have lvl 50. I can play alt and there is stuff to do at lvl 50 too)

Neither is wow but sometimes you need to break the mood from endless bad guy trying to kill everyone bs , and you know actually give the game some charm .Usually bioware games are good at this but swtor feels devoid of any sort of character.I mean it's basic story telling which everybody tells me is what this game is about yet I feel nothing .

I'm sorry you feel that way. I seriously am and not being sarcastic. My experience however is that I actually care about my character. I feel like I am a part of things instead of just one of a million other people doing the exact same thing in a ticket line. My story actually has consequences depending on what i choose and not the same outcome regardless because I wasn't given a choice. It changes how my companion feels about me and could possibly lead to the death of an npc that may have lived had they not ticked me off and had to be replaced by the next guy.

See what I am saying? WoW did none of this for me. It was the exact same quests for EVERY character I made regardless of race/class. While that is true for the side quests here, the story line is different for each class and can be different for the same class depending on the choices you make.