one handed player lf a class

mandaboo

I have a teenager looking for a class he can PVP with.

The requirements are:

1. As few buttons as possible to be effective. (This prob means a ranged class)

2. As few channeled skills as possible and still able to contribute.

I was thinking about Gunslinger or Scoundrel.

Any suggestion is a good one. Thanks again.

Edited by mandaboo

Buy him a Razer Naga, solves all issues for this and any other game.

This. A Razer Naga would be a fantastic investment for a one handed player, places all the number buttons on the side of the mouse letting you play with just one hand. I usually only use one hand to play anyways because of my Naga

He uses a Nostromo pad for movement and button activation and he is very good with it as long as he does not have to use more than about 10 buttons to do the actual playing.

He tried Jedi, but pvp requires constant movement and he is just a little slower than required to keep on the target, and he loses them in the mass of bodies. It frustrated him too bad so I made him take a break and we will try a new class in the morning.

Does Gunslinger has enough mobility? He also likes to kite.. can gunslinger kite.

Just as a reference I will use a dirty word and say that he played a hunter in wow and was very good at it. He could shoot on the run and was a very good kiter after some practice.

This is mostly for pvp.

Thanks again.

I play Sniper, so I think Gunslinger might be a good choice. Plenty of range and you stay relatively stationary compared to some other classes, but also have a decent tool kit for escape skills. I would imagine that combined with the Razer Naga like some folks have suggested this would turn out pretty well.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: Just noticed your recent post. Sounds like he might really like Gunslinger. I don't have a problem with kiting on my Sniper and they should mirror each other.

Edited by Amp_

The notstromo pad works fine, I prefer the naga but it'd probably be easier to stick with what he knows. Class wise Sorcerer/Sage kites pretty well, and I've found it can be played pretty easily with 10-15 abilities or less, Sniper also works pretty well but they are pretty stationary for their big abilities and so wouldn't fit with the desire to kite as well Edited by Furrywalls

Definately sniper/gunslinger as others have said. It will be difficult in general due to the sheer amount of abilities swtor has. I use a nostromo also and went and bought a naga in addition because i simply did not have enough keybinds (but i hate using modifiers so he can use those/bar scrolling).

These 2 classes are at their best when finding a good vantage and remaining stationary behind cover and get large bonuses the longer they can stay there and turret effectively. They also have a varied array of knockbacks, roots and stuns to keep people away from them.

Hey man,

I suggest getting your child a Razer Naga mouse. It has 18 buttons on it and he will be able to play any class with it.

Good luck.

you can use Glove pie to have the mouse4 and mouse5 buttons (the ones to the left of left click) simulate alt + shift for modifier keys, increasing the keybind combinations further.

http://sites.google.com/site/carlkenner/glovepie

I have a teenager looking for a class he can PVP with.

The requirements are:

1. As few buttons as possible to be effective. (This prob means a ranged class)

2. As few channeled skills as possible and still able to contribute.

I was thinking about Gunslinger or Scoundrel.

Any suggestion is a good one. Thanks again.

mercenary (arsenal spec) tracer missile over and over again. I imagine a commando and their Grav round would be pretty similar.

The naga pad is also a good suggestion as it has everything you need on one hand.. there are also pc mice out there that have a TON of buttons that can be programmed.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

Right hand friendly all those buttons are programmable.

Or

Left hand friendly:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6780319&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CJqj9ezVsK0CFVCR7QodWnKPnw

Or

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100

Wish him luck!

Edited by Shammus