Reverse Engineering on lvl 49 items broken?

Wallach

Not sure what is going on, but I and many other players on this forum are having serious issues getting schematics from reverse engineering the level 49 items.

In my case it is the Cardio level 49 Biochem implant - I am up to around 140 REs on the blue (Critical prefix) version of this implant and no schematic. Other players I have talked to (and some with complaints still on this page of the forum) are also experiencing similar issues. RNG might be RNG but I am seeing a pretty obvious pattern forming regarding these items.

Can anyone else please post regarding RE'ing the level 49 gear items from your profession and whether you were able to acquire the purple schematics from them?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been REing Armoring and Mods to great success. Perhaps there is a higher rate of success on Cybertech REs than other professions but I have had no trouble at all learning Prototype Schematics.

To be clear, you are talking about the level 49 required Cybertech items?

Whilst not the level 49 items, I have noticed that ever since Thursday not a single one of my reverse engineering attempts for armstech has provided a schematic.

So far crafted around 20 stealth rifles (Approx level 28 rifles IIRC) and reverse engineered them all and got not a single schematic.

Also started crafting a level 33 sniper rifle and a level 33 electrostaff, made about 7 of each and reverse engineered... also got no schematics.

Edited by Tikigit

To be clear, you are talking about the level 49 required Cybertech items?

Yes the Mods, Armorings, and some ear peices. Based on what I see here I think I'm running a little better than average. A rough guess but my success for learning a new schematic is roughly 20% from Premium to Prototype. Having put alot into learning artifacts after 7 attempts no successful Prototype to Artifact schematics learned. All level 49.

Yes the Mods, Armorings, and some ear peices. Based on what I see here I think I'm running a little better than average. A rough guess but my success for learning a new schematic is roughly 20% from Premium to Prototype. Having put alot into learning artifacts after 7 attempts no successful Prototype to Artifact schematics learned. All level 49.

Prototype is the blue version? As that is pretty much what is happening on the level 49 Biochem implants. It is not hard to get the blue version of a green level 49 implant, but going from blue to purple (which I think is Artifact) has yielded no schematics in around 140 reverse engineering attempts.

I have purple versions of a couple lvl 49 enhancements, resolve hilt, and a yellow critical chance crystal. So apparently it does in fact work its just dumb luck and a pain to get the grade 6 purp gemstone needed to utilize them

From my beta experiences Blue to Purple is at around 5%.

This has been an approximation of my experience too, doing the level 49 implants. I had a dry streak of about 50 attempts before getting my first one, so I know it can be rough. Realistically though, at a 5% rate you may just be the unlucky 1 in a 1000 not to get any recipe after 140 attempts.

I can confirm that something seems *fishy* with RE in the last days.

Before the 12/29 patch I'd usually get a purple schematic from re-ing anything between one (really really lucky) to about a dozen blue items.

I'm an artificer with about 20 artifact level schematics, so I have _some_ experience in the money bleed department :D

Now since that patch I have re'd a grand total of about ~70 lvl 48 offhand items to go from the 'overkill' to the 'expert' plan: that's 280 grade 6 artifact fragments, 280 grade 6 gemstones, 420 grade 6 power crystals and 140 supplements. That is a *lot* of materials gone down the drain..

I think they either changed the upgrade plan probabilities, or introduced a scaling with item level vs. crafting level, which would make getting the artifact plan harder and harder the closer you get to the crafting cap.

Bumping this - I acquired my first purple level 49 schematic tonight. Required another 15 or so REs of the blue level 49, so in total the number was around 155. This kind of success rate cannot be intentional.

If anyone was curious, it was not a prefix that was useful for my character. So that is pretty cool I guess.

I wonder if they are limiting the total number of acquirable and learnable schematics for each item to preserve the balance of rarity of items?

So lets say only 10 people can learn schematics for level 49 purple items, but 100s of people can learn level 15 purple items.

I wonder if they are limiting the total number of acquirable and learnable schematics for each item to preserve the balance of rarity of items?

So lets say only 10 people can learn schematics for level 49 purple items, but 100s of people can learn level 15 purple items.

I would hope not, that is a pretty silly idea.

On a completely unrelated side note, my legacy name is Stanton (after the same guy).

Must be isolated to high levels. I RE'd two purple barrels today like normal. Level 21 and 23 Advanced reflex barrels

It is. Don't ask how many items I've crafted while leveling up the Armormech one, almost every 5th had an Augment Slot. Not to forget the amount of recipes received while RE'ing them.

So far I'm still trying hard to get an epic version of my blue Overkill Adaptor with +Aim and all I want for my BH, but I got 25 more levels to go until he will hit 50, so it's ok, somewhat.

This would be quite silly! The problem would be that if the cap had been hit on a particular recipe, they would need to indicate that by some ingame message such as "Maximum allowable recipes have been learned" or hundreds of thousands of crafters will be flushing their mats down the tube not knowing that they will never be able to learn the recipe.

If that happened, they might as well take out crafting from the game because the outrage from the craft community would generate a whole heaping stinky mess of hate and crafting would end up being a non-starter. "Oh sorry, you're number 11 in a line for 10 soup recipes, NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Edited by Armageddon_X

Not sure what is going on, but I and many other players on this forum are having serious issues getting schematics from reverse engineering the level 49 items.

In my case it is the Cardio level 49 Biochem implant - I am up to around 140 REs on the blue (Critical prefix) version of this implant and no schematic. Other players I have talked to (and some with complaints still on this page of the forum) are also experiencing similar issues. RNG might be RNG but I am seeing a pretty obvious pattern forming regarding these items.

Can anyone else please post regarding RE'ing the level 49 gear items from your profession and whether you were able to acquire the purple schematics from them?

I don't have any issue with it being difficult or time consuming to get epic endgame recipes for crafting that you don't need to raid for, however the problem I've run into is when I did finally get one (bio implant), my agents cunning/end/accuracy/crit implant had +shield on it in its epic form...

Maybe there's a companion out there someplace where that's useful but this is 100% pointless for players, and companion stats need to be either retailored or brought in line so we don't have retarded **** like this coming up, I don't know about anyone else but my character is the primary concern gear wise. Companions can't come into pvp, and probably won't be used in a raid or heroic 4 man dungeon setting... (that and I have yet to find any companions that are cunning primary tanks....)

I have issues regardless of the level, which was why i gave up with it to be honest.

I once crafted over 20 hilts and none of them gave me the blue recipe version of it when i RE'ed them, i mean i can understand if after 5 would be too fast, but 20??

I suggest, it have a 5% chance to learn new recipes and if it fails to learn, it adds to the next attempt and so on, until it succeeds, otherwise you could spend hours trying to learn a freaking blue item and then another, spend just a few minutes.

ITs just too random to be worth doing.

i don't read every post, but as answer to the first post.

I have Artifice 400 and all of the color crystals of epic (Advanced). I didn't tried to get epic (Mastercraft), because i don't know anything about the way to get to mastercraft.

Agree the system is a bit to random for getting a purple craft, i got my first after 10 or so. So that was lucky, and now on my second im over 40+ and counting. A simple solution would be to add a +1 % after each unsuccesfull Reverse engineering so that the chance get better and better. Atleast then it would "only" take 99 trys :D