I unsubscribed, and here's why.

jzelol

No offence but you're not kidding anyone.

If you had any "success" at all in WoW you'd hate this game for it's myriad of flaws. No matter how grindy WoW was, it had enough to keep millions addicted for years.

If you suck hard at gaming you might be able to get some kind of enjoyment out of TOR however. Perhaps you've given up on competition altogether? TOR is like a retirement home for failed WoWers - that's the type of person who will be here - all 100,000 of you - in 3 months time.

Another wild generalization from SWTOR Haters Inc. I was a hardcore raider in WoW in vanilla, TBC and WoTLameKing and I much prefer SWTOR to WoW. Now, if you want to talk about just the first 3 years or so of WoW, I would probably take WoW.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that person was wrong saying that SWTOR isn't competing against launch WoW, but then again, I wasn't the one who erroneously brought up how smooth WoW was at launch either.

I didn't say WoW was smooth at launch, I said

No it wasn't. WoW was FAR better at launch. Regardless SWTOR isn't up against WoW at launch it's up against WoW NOW. Where is it better? Story?

Having been at both and having a very good memory I can assure you the WoW launch was FAR better than this. Yes it had issues but it was obvious that the core game was incredible.

TOR has issues and it's obvious that the core game is mediocre at best.

That post was pretty funny.

I remember playing WoW on release day. "Item Lag" was a huge issue. The servers were completely down enough in the first few months that Blizzard gave all of their subscribers a couple free days.

I've played close to a dozen MMO's going back to Ultima Online; about half of those starting at release. SWTOR has been the most stable MMO, at launch, that I've ever played.

Other than SWG and UO, I've never played a MMO where crafted gear was truely comptitive with quest/pvp/raid rewards. I think in terms of crafting this game has about the best balance; you CAN craft high-end gear, but the time/work/resources invested (REing) is similiar to the investment for PvP rewards or flashpoint rewards.

Quiting because of bugs or crafting is just funny.

Having been at both and having a very good memory I can assure you the WoW launch was FAR better than this. Yes it had issues but it was obvious that the core game was incredible.

Oh, far better (which is also false), but far better than pretty darn smooth would imply that it was good to great which is even farther from the reality.

And your issue isn't even with the launch or the bugs then! You just don't like the game... Yet you are STILL here whining about it...

Edited by SlickDevlan

No offence but you're not kidding anyone.

If you had any "success" at all in WoW you'd hate this game for it's myriad of flaws. No matter how grindy WoW was, it had enough to keep millions addicted for years.

I was the number two geared tank on Ravenholdt when I quit the game last March. I had played since launch, and raid tanked since the days of MC.

If you had even a lick of sense, you'd realize that WoW is a terrible, stupid, played-out treadmill. But, hell, I wasn't expecting smarts from a person who loves WoW, and will defend it to the death, but apparently doesn't love it enough not to be actively shopping other MMOs so he/she can replace it.

See, the problem here is, you're full of it. If WoW is so awesome, why aren't you playing right now? Isn't there some raid boss you've killed 600 times that needs downing? Isn't your guild of 14-year-olds starting to wonder where you are? Scurry back to them. They need your help to smack that look pinata to death.

Edited by AJediKnight

Lol. Dude. This game has had a fantastic launch compared to every other MMO out there.

This game will do fine for several obvious reasons

1) It is Star Wars.

2) It focuses heavily on single player and does it well using a tried and true very successful model (KOTOR). The dialogue is funny and the stories are engrossing.

3) All 8 classes have their own unique story, providing quite a lot of replay value... much much more than other MMOs. This makes up for the rather weak PvP/end game content at present.

4) The game worked at launch. Bugs? Yes. Same as Skyrim, though: nothing game breaking.

5) No MMOs have a ton of content at end game 1 week after launch. I was beta with COH, for example. Once you hit max level, you just started a new character redoing prety much the same exact quests all over again.

So look: I get it, there are problems that need to be fixed. Absolutely agree. I also agree that if no new end game content and/or PvP content is added, people will get bored. (PLEASE NOTE THAT POINT). Then they will leave.

But for being 1 week in, SWTOR looks pretty sweet. Much better than COH, Eve or WoW did when they were only a week old. All 3 of those have been hugely successful, long lasting games, by the way.

Let's see how it goes. I am optimistic about the game's prospects.

I do concede that I have a soft spot for this style of game as I played all of the KOTOR games and loved them. Here's the thing, though: there are a lot of people like me in their 30s... we remember... and we will play this game for awhile.

One last thought: my wife just tried it out and is hooked. For her the game is accessible, it WORKS, and it allows her to run around torturing people with electricity. This game has a draw that others won't and it is executed pretty well.

Nothing Game breaking? Are you kidding me or what? YOu must be a *********** Troll. This Game is full of gamebreaking bugs. I couldnt even end my class missions couldnt exit my ship, didnt recieve my titel, couldnt see my end video of class mission. couldnt do some FPs because the server kicked me all the time. couldnt do pvp because everytime i list for it, server kicks me on login screen.

pvp combat is a mess... lags like hell, teleporting enemys, buttons/spells not working sometimes. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

i could write like 100 Pages of problems which ARE gamebreaking, and not just for me. pls drop your pink glasses off of your eyes you ignorant fool.

And your issue isn't even with the launch or the bugs then! You just don't like the game... Yet you are STILL here whining about it...

Do you even realise how stupid you look constantly bringing that up?

I'm here whining about it because the GAME SUCKS. If it didn't I'd be playing it right now.

Why aren't you? If the game is as amazing as you keep telling us, WHY ARE YOU HERE IN THE FORUMS INSTEAD OF PLAYING IT?

See, the problem here is, you're full of it. If WoW is so awesome, why aren't you playing right now? Isn't there some raid boss you've killed 600 times that needs downing? Isn't your guild of 14-year-olds starting to wonder where you are? Scurry back to them. They need your help to smack that look pinata to death.

I'm intrigued lol...what exactly is it you are doing in TOR that is so much different? Clicking 3 badly drawn computer keyboards? Killing 25 droids? Running from one end of a map to the other end, then back...just to run back and then back again?

Do you even realise how stupid you look constantly bringing that up?

I'm here whining about it because the GAME SUCKS. If it didn't I'd be playing it right now.

Why aren't you? If the game is as amazing as you keep telling us, WHY ARE YOU HERE IN THE FORUMS INSTEAD OF PLAYING IT?

You're the one who finally came out and said that you don't care about bugs as long as you like the game...which means you simply didn't like the game. Do you also stand outside a restaurant after trying a new dish that you didn't like and whine about it for the remainder of the day? Do you picket a movie studio after watching a film you didn't like? You need to come to terms with the FACT that you will not like each and every MMO made and in a good deal of those cases, the people making it do not care that you don't like it because its not made for people like you...

I told you, I'm not home...

Are you home or do you also not have access to the divine and glorious game known as WoW? Are you having withdrawals?

Edited by SlickDevlan

I'm intrigued lol...what exactly is it you are doing in TOR that is so much different? Clicking 3 badly drawn computer keyboards? Killing 25 droids? Running from one end of a map to the other end, then back...just to run back and then back again?

Again: what are you doing in TOR at all? If WoW is that great, go boot it up. Trust me, nobody is going to be missing you here.

Most other mmo's failed due to their beta state. Even if they are great games now (see Conan for an example) - it doesn't matter, the damage is done in the first month.

The damage is done and SWTOR will be a failure. This is a fact.

Maybe you should pick up a dictionary and look up what the word fact means, and then look up what unsupported opinion based on faulty facts means.

Then, go back to WoW and wait for your precious pandas and pokemon minigame.

Are you home or do you also not have access to the divine and glorious game known as WoW? Are you having withdrawals?

Ok seriously - do you think if I still liked WoW I'd have spent £75 on 2 copies of this?

I cannot stand the game and will never play it again. That doesn't change the FACT that TOR BLOWS.

You're deluded. This game isn't even a poor man's WoW - it's just poor.

Again: what are you doing in TOR at all? If WoW is that great, go boot it up. Trust me, nobody is going to be missing you here.

Nono you're not getting out of it that easily.

What *exactly* are you doing in TOR that is sooo different from the WoW grind? :rolleyes:

blah blah blah

I can't bother with this game. I can't spend $15 to see where it goes, I don't even like star wars or mmos, etc. etc. etc.

how many threads of this do we need.

glhf dude. the game isn't perfect but it's got some great qualities. hope you come back at some point.

I don't quite understand why so many people are making such an uproar over this game. Someone a few posts back stated that they are here talking about the game because the game sucks....and that if it didn't she/he would be playing.

Do you have nothing better to do than sit around and jump onto forums of games you don't like to spew nonsense and babble on about the state of the game, all the while trying to bring up any point you possibly can in order to shed a bad light onto the community/game?

If so, I encourage you to find a new hobby as your current one is unhealthy, shameful, embarrassing, and pathetic. If you do not enjoy the game, do not play said game, and do not attempt to undermine it just to get a rouse out of others.

We enjoy the game, you don't. Let us enjoy it....go join a TOR haters club somewhere else on the internet, or just play a different game.

WoW should not be compared to TOR as they are two different games (regardless of their similarities). Allow TOR to either rise to the top, or fail...for it will do one or the other and it certainly does not need a bunch of whiners on the forums to do it.

Ok seriously - do you think if I still liked WoW I'd have spent £75 on 2 copies of this?

I cannot stand the game and will never play it again. That doesn't change the FACT that TOR BLOWS.

I... I need a forum facepalm emote so badly.

I don't know, you're the one who can't say anything bad about SWTOR without mentioning how much better it is in WoW...

And I find it a little funny that you can't state why you are here, except to whine.

Good memory, HA.

WoW at launch:

Servers would go down for days at a time.

Mobs could take up to 20 minutes to loot, during which time you'd be frozen in the pick-up animation.

Server and Client would not agree upon mob location, often making it seem like you were being attacked by an invisible mob.

Quest rewards would get stuck.

Quests (including their associated kill XP) would only get you about 1/3 of the XP you needed to continue from an area, the rest you had to grind.

PvP attacks could be fired through walls.

Spell-resurrection didn't always work.

Self-resurrection didn't always work.

Average server latency was over 200 (I get 60 on TOR now).

It goes on, and on, and on.

Maybe you should pick up a dictionary and look up what the word fact means, and then look up what unsupported opinion based on faulty facts means.

Then, go back to WoW and wait for your precious pandas and pokemon minigame.

Normally I'd say that I'll enjoy coming back to this thread in 3 months and saying "told you so"...but the sad FACT is none of you will be here playing the game in 3 months so you won't see it.

It's that bad.

There are way too many things that are just plain bad. Story? I'm on my 5th character and spacebarring through the same crap on coruscant. There is almost NO replayability factor.

This might be the funniest thing i ever read:)

Hahaha, so because firstly you felt hurt, secondly you could not argument, you always could resolve to that spelling mantra....so pathetic, just like everything else you fanbois keep spewing out your mouths.

And , i am writing from a small keyboard on a smartphone while in a car. And i dont use auto correction spelling tool like you.

Now go back to your mums basement, press some pimples, eat some greasy food and shut up. Or just go and die. Society and productivity is like said, much better of without slimy fanbois like you.

You got it Mr. Big Time! I'm sure you and Lion can have your self a little burning SWTOR in effigy circle jerk while you save "productivity AND society" (big task) by mindlessly slamming a game...let me repeat that...a friggen game.

I don't know, you're the one who can't say anything bad about SWTOR without mentioning how much better it is in WoW...

And I find it a little funny that you can't state why you are here, except to whine.

Because WoW is so much better? Also I'm pretty sure I didn't say ANYTHING about WoW except to disagree with some tool who claimed TOR was a much better launch, then you and that other one kept it going?

I couldn't care less about WoW - that doesn't mean I don't think it's a much better game. It is, and the millions of people playing it compared to what will be a couple of hundred thousand playing TOR in a few months is all the proof that will be needed of that FACT.