New Summon priv on guild ranks

xordevoreaux

I tested with a guildie, and it looks like moving the ship to support orbital conquest buffs is strictly a matter of having a key plus an allowance to cover the amount of the move, and it doesn't have to be out of the Withdraw category.

The person who helped me test has Event Trustee rank in my guild, one notch below an officer, and with:

1,000,000 credit limit

Withdraw unchecked

Repair checked

Summon checked

He could move the ship for conquest, and did so using any combo of the above as long as there was enough in his credit allowance to cover the cost.

So it's not immediately clear looking at the interface where the money comes from for moving the ship to orbit a planet, but it's actually NONE of the options, just key + credit allowance. To have any sort of credit allowance at all, however, at least one of the three above options has to be selected.

This change will really help I think ease anxiety with a lot of guild leaders about people walking off with large sums of withdrawal money.

Now only my guild's GL rank and Assistant GL rank can withdraw credits directly.

All other ranks are now configured to burn through their weekly credit allowance through a combination of repairs and group summons, and they should be fine with that.

Decent QOL change.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Interesting - a question I have is whether preferred players will now be able to use summons as previously it was considered a withdraw, and even those with guild bank access and within guild credit limits could not summon.

No, conformed that this 'feature' is broken for Preferred player(s). Set to allow summon, but not withdraw, more than sufficient allowance for summon, but still getting error on attempt:

"Activating flagship transportation would put you over your withdrawal limit for your guild bank."

so is apparently still considered a withdrawal

Edited by Kaveat

It's still a withdraw, that hasn't changed, so it's not "broken."

All that's different, there is now a third option to siphon off one's credit allowance for the week. Before there were two options, direct credit withdrawal and repair, neither of which prefs could accomplish anyway, as that requires a subscription.

I've 5 accounts, only one of them is a sub, and the pref accounts have never been able to use guild funds for repair or summon. Nothing about that is any different under 6.1.4.

But now, instead of two options to siphon off guild credits, there's three, so that a GL can toggle direct credit withdrawal off, and for subs -- the only people who've ever been able to withdraw guild funds in any capacity -- can be limited to just repairs and summons, which is nice, because GLs don't have to set up (and subsequently risk) a direct withdrawal amount just to enable members to summon.

Edited by xordevoreaux

It's still a withdraw, that hasn't changed, so it's not "broken."

All that's different, there is now a third option to siphon off one's credit allowance for the week. Before there were two options, direct credit withdrawal and repair, neither of which prefs could accomplish anyway, as that requires a subscription.

I've 5 accounts, only one of them is a sub, and the pref accounts have never been able to use guild funds for repair or summon. Nothing about that is any different under 6.1.4.

But now, instead of two options to siphon off guild credits, there's three, so that a GL can toggle direct credit withdrawal off, and for subs -- the only people who've ever been able to withdraw guild funds in any capacity -- can be limited to just repairs and summons, which is nice, because GLs don't have to set up (and subsequently risk) a direct withdrawal amount just to enable members to summon.

Not 'broken' I supposed with respect to how it worked before the changes, though I would say that it is broken with respect to the game itself - especially if a preferred has paid for guild bank access.

There is NO reason to keep preferred players from being able to summon - blocking summons from preferred players doesn't just impact preferred players, it impacts all of us as they cannot fully contribute to guild activities such as anything which would require summoning a group.

Edited by DawnAskham

Not 'broken' I supposed with respect to how it worked before the changes, though I would say that it is broken with respect to the game itself - especially if a preferred has paid for guild bank access.

"how it was" is not the point. Changes were announced. No statements to being 'only for subscribers' were made, so the logical conclusion is that it was supposed to be for all players, yet it is not. So, yes, broken.

If it is intended by design to be exclusive to subscribers, intentionally shafting F2P & Preferred (and not broken, just biased), then they need to make this statement.

There is NO reason to keep preferred players from being able to summon - blocking summons from preferred players doesn't just impact preferred players, it impacts all of us as they cannot fully contribute to guild activities such as anything which would require summoning a group.

/signed