Mercs in PvP

Bernie_Jadam

we are glass cannons,we are able to dish a good amount of damage when geared properly but on pvp powertechs can do almost our same damage(only higher level ones)and have much better survivability,not to mention that they have more CCs and an interrupt move

We have some of the highest sustained damage as well as the best aoe in the game whilst still being able to heal and having 2 knockbacks.

That said, we are fairly paper, aside from our knockbacks and stun we really dont have much we can do once a melee actually gets on us.

armor matters nothing in this game unless you are tank specced,i only get 15% less damage then sorcerers(and they have the barrier that absorb damage,while ours only 25% with a 2 min CD)

i didnt say that we cant do well,just that powertechs perform much better than us

We have some of the highest sustained damage as well as the best aoe in the game whilst still being able to heal and having 2 knockbacks.

That said, we are fairly paper, aside from our knockbacks and stun we really dont have much we can do once a melee actually gets on us.

true on the first part.

wrong on the second. being paper dosent matter when u spam heal. play a jg for a challenge

Tracer Missile. Thats it.

At least thats all I see merc's doing, and they win. Alot.

This and using Grapple in Huttball, cheap as hell, especially against Inquisitors, who have no way of getting back on top of catwalks, since they always get shot down before they can take the long way back up.

You mean stay on the outskirts fighting and hope no one sees us?

What I was going to say ;)

Ill just sum it up-

- low survivabity. Just because they wear heavy don't meen they survive

-lack of slows/snares

-range class that can't kite

-best aoe dmg in the game

-good single Target damage. But powertech can match them at 30+, my pt pyro does more damage then my merc and there both 35 now

-there main move gets interrupted

-powertech there other counter spec does everything they do, and more

If u still want to go merc, its ur choice, but u WILL get anoyyed and most likely re-roll, u want to get high grouse and nuke, try and stay out of sight, also don't just stand there and nuke, u have the ability to help ur team and heal so if someone's really low u can chuck them two heals.

At the end of the day. Merc is a lge spec not pvp. I recomend u make a sorc or a sniper as they do more damage but are mostly stationary like merc

I think we can do just fine if we play smart. Good positioning is an extremely important concept that I see most players are completely clueless about.

That's one way of putting it. Doing the top DPS all the time without putting any effort to it can be understood as doing fine, I guess.

That's one way of putting it. Doing the top DPS all the time without putting any effort to it can be understood as doing fine, I guess.

Being the top damage dealer is nothing special, it's very easy for DOT classes to hit top damage, this doesn't make them killing machines, this makes them good at padding. It's important to look at a class as a whole, survivability, utility, how it fairs 1v1, in team environments etc.. I feel as though Merc is one of those classes that can be veryviablel in the hands of a smart player