The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Its almost so im hoping for another extended downtime, so that people will see how ridiculous the current downtime plan for EU is.

There is also the fact that they disable forum posting for every downtime, why is this? Has this been normal for other big mmo's as well? As i recall, we could use the forums on swg. Albeit there was an impressive amount of trolling there, but that was in all hours of the day :p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its almost so im hoping for another extended downtime, so that people will see how ridiculous the current downtime plan for EU is.

There is also the fact that they disable forum posting for every downtime, why is this? Has this been normal for other big mmo's as well? As i recall, we could use the forums on swg. Albeit there was an impressive amount of trolling there, but that was in all hours of the day :p

Can't remember anything like this from any MMOs I've been playing so far. Sometimes site was down, yeah, but if it was up posting wasn't disabled.

10am-4pm when most people are at work/uni/school. So it's fine, leave it as it is.

First of all, learn to count, it's 8am-4pm.

Second, learn to read the map. GMT is 1/30 of Europe. For CET (majority) it's 9am-5pm, for russians it's 12-8pm. They are Europe to, although that's probably new to you.

US ofc don't have such problems, as maintenance is set for their sleeptime. Thus BW should either split it or give us players same **** they are giving us now - make it night for us, and thus - evening for them. I'm sure they will defend it as they are now, hahaha.

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Because most people are working at this time. Its not rocket science.

First of all, learn to count, it's 8am-4pm.

Second, learn to read the map. GMT is 1/30 of Europe. For CET (majority) it's 9am-5pm, for russians it's 12-8pm. They are Europe to, although that's probably new to you.

Logic has no place in their argument....don't you dear use it now!!! :p

There is no legitimate reason to not have seperate maintenence times. The one objection about unfair release times on new content can easily be avoided by locking the new content until US patches as well. Look, I just solved ALL the problems for you.

Just fix it or I know I am not resubbing.

Because most people are working at this time. Its not rocket science.

Those in GMT timezone, yes. EET timezone, where I live (Finland), the servers are down 12-18 (when they stay on schedule). I work from 7-15, so I can't stay up until early hours to play the game, I play early evenings; suprisingly servers always are Heavy or Full when I log in at around 16, so I guess there are a few others who also prefer to play in the evenings rather than during the night.

See above replies from others as too why this is quite a poor argument :rolleyes:

Its not a poor argument and I have looked at the other posts and the are just plane moronic.

90% of England and the EU will be working at this time, So there is no issue with it, people just want bioware to scheduled the downtime around them, nothing more.

If you cant find somthing else to do during down time,thats your issue. you need to find a 2nd hobby or go shopping etc.. Its not the end of the world and its not going to change.

Those in GMT timezone, yes. EET timezone, where I live (Finland), the servers are down 12-18 (when they stay on schedule). I work from 7-15, so I can't stay up until early hours to play the game, I play early evenings; suprisingly servers always are Heavy or Full when I log in at around 16, so I guess there are a few others who also prefer to play in the evenings rather than during the night.

For you guys, yes you got the dirty end of the stick but they base downtime of player base too and I hate to say it but Finland is not that high on the list.

90% of England and the EU will be working at this time, So there is no issue with it, people just want bioware to scheduled the downtime around them, nothing more.

See, and this is where your argument falls down...as it would appear, so does your reading.

For many parts of the EU, the timing is running into 6-8pm....that is NOT during normal working/school hours, that is Prime time play time.

Just because in the UK it's 4pm and that is before you finish work (or the other EU countries that may line up with GMT or maybe even GMT+1) but for MANY it's not

Its not a poor argument and I have looked at the other posts and the are just plane moronic.

If you cant find somthing else to do during down time,thats your issue. you need to find a 2nd hobby or go shopping etc.. Its not the end of the world and its not going to change.

90%? Your figure is totally made up.

Besides even if your figure was correct it still doesn't change the fact that even less people would be inconvenienced between 2am and 8am.

There are better times to perform maintenance for eu customers.

Are you actually objecting to the fact that downtimes from, say 0500-1100 eu time would be better for europeans then the current time? The fact that you work 9-5 should not make you blind to the fact that some of us do not - I know I'm a lazy student for example.

Anyway there is, as I've said before, no reason to not have different maint times for eu and us. (Except being lazy!)

Just because in the UK it's 4pm and that is before you finish work (or the other EU countries that may line up with GMT or maybe even GMT+1) but for MANY it's not[/color]

That's England, Iceland, Ireland and Portugal AFAIK.

Rest is either +1 or more. Russian, Georgian, Armenian etc player are perticularly screwed as they are +3/+4 so maintenance ends for them at 8pm...given it's not extended.

See, and this is where your argument falls down...as it would appear, so does your reading.

For many parts of the EU, the timing is running into 6-8pm....that is NOT during normal working/school hours, that is Prime time play time.

Just because in the UK it's 4pm and that is before you finish work (or the other EU countries that may line up with GMT or maybe even GMT+1) but for MANY it's not

I already address that in a different post and they base it off player base, The UK has always had a larger player base then most of Europe.

Again, its a game and if you have to base your life off a game and its downtime something is seriously wrong.

Your telling me people cant find something else to play or do during this time ?

If you dont like it quit and find an MMO that has downtime when you want it.

I already address that in a different post and they base it off player base, The UK has always had a larger player base then most of Europe.

Now.....UK player base versus REST OF EUROPE....are you kidding me, the game was localised into German and French for a reason

My god

Are you actually objecting to the fact that downtimes from, say 0500-1100 eu time would be better for europeans then the current time? The fact that you work 9-5 should not make you blind to the fact that some of us do not - I know I'm a lazy student for example.

Anyway there is, as I've said before, no reason to not have different maint times for eu and us. (Except being lazy!)

Its about cost and time, if they did it at different times it would end up costing double on staff, its simple business.

People would be crying if they had to bump up subscription prices to accommodate everyone.

Like I said in many posts, if you have to base your life on an MMO and its downtime something is seriously wrong with you, Im a hardcore gamer and if downtime fell into my Peak playing times I would play a different game or find something else to do.

Completely and totally false. Stop making up 'facts' to support your claims. Stick with the truth.