Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Dear Santa,

I know it's a bit late, but I do hope this letter finds you well.

As a late present I wish for christmas and the new year, that US servers and EU servers run on two different schedules, so they both undergo maintenance during the night, both in the US and in the EU.

Regards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously??

People, they HAVE To do maintenance all at the same time, so it will be "peak hours" somewhere in the world. This is one of the downfalls of all the servers being available to all people in the world. At least we will get all the latest content at the same time as the people in the US (unlike WoW where you have to wait a day after the guys from the US get all the new stuff)

Suck it up and go play outside for 6 hours, but while we have all the servers available thru 1 client, this will keep happening.

This just in, I survived the downtime, no asteroid collided with earth, thank you.

Would it inconvenience you terribly if the servers where taken down at 2.00am GMT? if not then this thread probably has nothing for you.

I've survived various things that I would not wish on my worse enemy, that does not make them 'right' or 'good'. Poorly planned logistics and apaling customer service (for EU players) is just that.

I support this thread 100% and have canceled my account until at the very least BW responds to the EU player base that they will be planning in the future seperate maintenance times for EU, if they dont plan to do so then it will be goodbye from me, shame as i really did like this game alot :mad:

Seriously??

People, they HAVE To do maintenance all at the same time, so it will be "peak hours" somewhere in the world. This is one of the downfalls of all the servers being available to all people in the world. At least we will get all the latest content at the same time as the people in the US (unlike WoW where you have to wait a day after the guys from the US get all the new stuff)

Suck it up and go play outside for 6 hours, but while we have all the servers available thru 1 client, this will keep happening.

Read the thread again. Then respond intelligently :D

Ireland upgrading Net infrastructure to host SWTOR EU servers for this ? :(:(:(:(:(:(

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/post/4466060#4466060

One country has done this for this treatment to european customers? :(:(:(:(

Don´t take us for fools

Indeed, all that investment and for what? I dunno what is worse, The maintenance times or the contempt they are showing for EU players ('taking us for fools'). Chris colins coming out and saying 'it's what you want really' would be risible if it was not so irritating.

I agree with this.

This is the main reason i am considering canceling my subscription and the very pure customer service.

For a game who claims they want to have the best customer service they have a lot to learn. If U want to learn about customer service go see what Rift is doing they have some of the best i have seen in a MMO so far.

I support this thread 100% and have canceled my account until at the very least BW responds to the EU player base that they will be planning in the future seperate maintenance times for EU, if they dont plan to do so then it will be goodbye from me, shame as i really did like this game alot :mad:

I'm secretly hoping that we will get a 'surprise announcement' just before the sub kicks in. Meanwhile I'm (regrettably) right with you.

Read the thread again. Then respond intelligently :D

55 pages of people whining? right.. Well from coming from a server admin I know the pain of time zones and maintenance.

We shouldnt have one zone up and the other down for the reason of all the US people come to the already loaded EU Servers when theirs are down and visa versa, it just adds queues and QQs from everyone who wants to play but cant get in to their server because its loaded with lvl 1's who have nothing better to do.

55 pages of people whining? right.. Well from coming from a server admin I know the pain of time zones and maintenance.

We shouldnt have one zone up and the other down for the reason of all the US people come to the already loaded EU Servers when theirs are down and visa versa, it just adds queues and QQs from everyone who wants to play but cant get in to their server because its loaded with lvl 1's who have nothing better to do.

Loaded servers at 3Am in europe :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D?

All will be on light , all usa couminty could come to europe servers if you want and still would be fine

We usually sleep at night do you understand that, we are not vampires

Then how would you choose which customers deserve the proper maintenance time frame?

It's not 55 pages.. it's 157 pages by now:

This was the first thread, it got full..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=78385&page=102

And what you're saying is BS. If you do maintenance during graveyard shifts then most people will be asleep. Hence they won't go on and bother the other servers.. they're asleep.

Ireland upgrading Net infrastructure to host SWTOR EU servers for this ? :(:(:(:(:(:(

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/post/4466060#4466060

One country has done this for this treatment to european customers? :(:(:(:(

Don´t take us for fools

Translation:

' We wanted a cheaper solution than putting our servers in Germany'

I notice the server lag myself.

This game has the worst customer service in the history of any MMO. I played Diablo2 (not really a MMO but the eMail Service of Blizzard worked fine!), i played WoW from Beta and the GM Service was better since the start of the game. GMs talked to you ingame trying to help you, not like SWTOR with a **** and useless ticket system where nobody gives a **** about your problems.

I played WAR (Hello EA) there nobody helped you its like SWTOR. U take our money to host this game to pay your bills for developement AND FOR A *********** SERVICE! If i go to my local vendor and buy a keyboard or something and its not working as promised they take it back and give me my money or a new keyboard.

What are you doing with this bugged BETA Game? Nothing. U take our money, **** the EU players, dont support in any way but hey who cares? U got your money from all the old SW Galaxie, WAR, WoW, RIFT and SW Fans and so whats going on. Lets keep the servers up for some time and then drag this game to hell.

I hoped that Bioware learned after their Dragonage2 failure but it seems they dont have. This game could be great but ur destroying it EA and Bioware.

Loaded servers at 3Am in europe :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D?

All will be on light , all usa couminty could come to europe servers if you want and still would be fine

We usually sleep at night do you understand that, we are not vampires

Trust me, you would STILL get QQs from people, I read it all the time on WoW Server "OMG I WANT TO PLAY AT 2AM!! WHY U TAKE SERVERS DOWN??!?"

And as other people have said, Eve has 1 hour a DAY maintenance we get a few hours a week so it works out about the same.

Anyway, back to work for me, this maintenance times are awesome for me and anyone else in the 9-5 world :)

Well, I did tell you to read it first so you could save yourself the embarassment of a post just like this. Too bad you didn't take the chance.

I'll explain it to you:

At 3 AM the US servers aren't loaded. That's why they're going offline then.

We want the EU servers to go offline at similar hours. Why would they suddenly be loaded when the US ones are not?

People playing in the middle of the night are few and far between, if they migrate to the other continent (which is still an 'if', not everyone wants to start over) it won't have much impact.

There is absolutely nothing to lose for anyone proposing what the EU customers are proposing, and everything to gain for everyone involved. There is no reasonable way people can oppose this.

Trust me, you would STILL get QQs from people, I read it all the time on WoW Server "OMG I WANT TO PLAY AT 2AM!! WHY U TAKE SERVERS DOWN??!?"

And as other people have said, Eve has 1 hour a DAY maintenance we get a few hours a week so it works out about the same.

Anyway, back to work for me, this maintenance times are awesome for me and anyone else in the 9-5 world :)

You still didn't answer my question. How do you choose which customers get the proper maintenance time frame?

You still didn't answer my question. How do you choose which customers get the proper maintenance time frame?

Isn't it obvious? Choose the US because everybody who lives outside are lesser beings and can be stepped on. It's the Country's political stance as well. I don't know why we are so surprised.

http://www.torstatus.net/

OMG the european people sleep at night

The sky is falling!!!