I just don't understand all the hate for

Jarlathe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jar Jar is the worst. I can't really describe how awful he is in words. I wish there was a word dedicated solely to describing hatred towards jar jar. How about loathesectomy.

He was beyond annoying, he was a raciest character, he pushed suspension of disbelief to the limits, he didn't add to the story, and he was there ONLY for kids/comic relief.

See, R2-D2 and C-3P0 were also comic relief characters. However, they contributed to the story and were actually quite useful at times. That makes a HUGE difference in a comic relief character.

Now, see, in the Clone Wars TV show, the past two seasons have depicted Jar Jar as being useful, and have thus rendered him less of an awful awful waste.

Edited by Wishpig

All for the kids. As though star wars wasn't gripping enouhg as it is. I know that when I was a wee little kid I watched all three original movies a billion times, and I didn't need a Jar Jar character to find it enthralling. Hell we already had C3-PO. Isn't that enough?!

Its not all Gungans people hate...just Jar Jar.

Totally agree. The race of Gungans might seem a little silly, but Jar Jar Binks is by far the most annoying character portrayed in the Star Wars Universe that I can think of. He's even worse than that little butt munching thing of Jabba's.

Jar Jar Binks. Seriously, he wasn't that bad and I'm kinda sad we can't play a Gungan. No logical reason that I can see that the race wouldn't be able to join the Jedi Order. The only class I can't see them as are Troopers.

Thoughts?

Thanks to Jar Jar, Ewoks are not the least liked anymore.

Would anyone take a Gungan smuggler seriously?

Jar Jar Binks. Seriously, he wasn't that bad and I'm kinda sad we can't play a Gungan. No logical reason that I can see that the race wouldn't be able to join the Jedi Order. The only class I can't see them as are Troopers.

Thoughts?

I like your premise. I don't hate Jar Jar. Want to know what I do hate? Your thread title. Seriously. It was stupid. Go fix it, and don't make things like that again. I hate it when people try to bait people like that. Make the thread title clear and concise, don't confuse the hell out of people.

Only newcomers to Star Wars will love that sad excuse of character development. Not only does he go down as the most hated thing in my books. I personally bought figures to blow them up with m-80's. :D

I don't think Jar Jar was supposed to develop as a character. He was the C3PO of the PT. Interestingly enough, I hated that stupid droid a whole lot more than Jar Jar.

George Lucas has just announce that he will be remastering the new trilogy, Jar Jar will be killed by HK-47 in the first movie, every other scene that Jar Jar appeared later on will be replace by HK-47.

I wish. Maybe if I close my eyes real tight and wish on the Force Genie..? :D

HK-47 was a hoot and a half to keep with you in the game. Perfect Sith's companion.

Thoughts?

I was just talking to someone about this. I was about to start a flame war by stating: "I liked JarJar..."

lol

And just for clarification, I was raised on the old star wars. I just thought he was amusing. And probably the fact that he got so much hate I had to feel some pity!

Edited by katuan

Only newcomers to Star Wars will love that sad excuse of character development. Not only does he go down as the most hated thing in my books. I personally bought figures to blow them up with m-80's. :D

that made me giggle hahaha good one :D wish i have had done the something to skip the pain he created in my heart when i first saw the movies. i was just 11 years old when i watched episode 1. sure it had some cool action and some lightsaber fights but the character made me so angry even as a kid. but why could they not just have killed him off or just skipped him from being born into the story and the universe?

I agree with the op. I don't hate Jar Jar, I mean he isn't a character I particularly like and wouldn't miss him if he were to disappear. But I get what Lucas was trying to do with the character. Gungans as a race though are pretty cool. But there are a lot of other races I would much rather be in the game.

There is nothing wrong with Jar Jar. He may not be awesome but he's just the innocent, clumsy archetype.

Honestly, how is it that a half bear, half urang utan that communicates only in growls, has long hair on his paws and somehow manages to be a pretty fine mechanic nonetheless, gets praised as a wonderful character and Jar Jar gets all the hate?

The massive automatic hate that poor character is given just shows how many people just mindlessly parrot the consensus.

There is nothing wrong with Jar Jar. He may not be awesome but he's just the innocent, clumsy archetype.

Honestly, how is it that a half bear, half urang utan that communicates only in growls, has long hair on his paws and somehow manages to be a pretty fine mechanic nonetheless, gets praised as a wonderful character and Jar Jar gets all the hate?

The massive automatic hate that poor character is given just shows how many people just mindlessly parrot the consensus.

Now, I actually found Jar Jar amusing for about 4 and a half minutes. After that he got real annoying real quick. So my dislike for Jar Jar is about the same as Wade Wilson's. That part where he shot the AIM agent for saying that Hayden Christensen was a good actor was priceless. Then he points his pistol at the other dude and says "Say Jar Jar is an abomination!" :D ROFL

My old unit used to go to the PX and get as many Barney toys as we could to take with us on range day so we could fill them full of holes. Yeah, that was before Jar Jar. :D

Thoughts?

Gungan race can not be jedi for one key reason... they are simpletons .... not saying they arent smart but their brain capacity can handle the knowledge in which the force gives the force user.

Read Star Wars: New Jedi order - Star By Star, you will see exactly what im talking about when a jedi or force user open themselves completely to the force. Though honorable what this character does (i will not spoil anything the whole New Jedi Order is AMAZING) it costs him his life. I will say that if a gungan did a fraction of what was done by this jedi then the same result may happen.

Then again Saba Sebatine is a Barbaric Race of lizard things and she is like the most powerful of jedi healers :-| ... still no simpleton race though

does that about sum it up for you?