The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

another 9 hours of european game time gone....

Jocken

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but you are tucked up in bed when it happens.

Try to read someone's post before attempting sarcasm :)

right, I dont sleep until 5pm....

its americans that gets the maintanence during night time, europeans is DAYTIME...

What makes you think the US has more subscribers? source?

http://www.torocast.com/index.php/news/swtor-news/item/840-star-wars-the-old-republic-preorder-numbers

http://www.darthhater.com/tag/pre-order

American PREORDER.

That does not even include Digital Preorders or anything else.

Thats JUST retailers.

I GUARANTEE you that the EU does not have more subscribers.

No World Wide game in history popular in both the US and EU has more EU subscribers.

Find one and prove it too me and i'll admit i was wrong.

When wow had maintenance that was extended longer than it should have, we were given free game time, it just shows a lack of understanding of managing an international mmo on biowares end.
You are missing a key word here "had" as in past tense. WoW stopped doing this and hasn't done it in a very long time. When they did do it it wasn't because of one extended maintenance... it was because they literally had the servers down for 12+ hours every other day.

They don't, but US + Canada do, because its cold up hurr and we need our warmth.

So we huddle together in our igloo's playing swtor.

As of January 1, 2011, Canada's population was estimated at 34,278,400,

The current U.S.A. population is over 311 million people (311,800,000 in mid-2011)

In 2011 the EU population is 857 million.

I'll let you do the maths;)

You are missing a key word here "had" as in past tense. WoW stopped doing this and hasn't done it in a very long time. When they did do it it wasn't because of one extended maintenance... it was because they literally had the servers down for 12+ hours every other day.

actually your wrong...wow has a system keeping track. if they go over the server maintanence time or there is an emergency shut down, every 24 hours (added together) it will automaticly give you a day.

Well, then lets flip the times, so the servers goes down at 1am CET insted, since it would not borther you?

Last week I did have a day off during the maintenance window, but upgrades happen. There is no point raging over it, especially in a game this recently released. For christs sake guys..

People are so dramatical about everything in these forums these days.. Starting to think I should just play my game and not come to the forums so I won't be encumbered with the opinions of angry/frustrated minds every day. People need to take a chill pill and realise that this is the first months after release, they are doing the maintenance/patching for our sake so we get the most fullfillment from the game possible..

People need to chill out and cut them some slack.

At least blizzard DID this, and on top of that they still have separate maintenance windows, there is no valid reason they cannot do this if most other mmos do.

Its just a nuisance if i want to play on a particular day and i cannot due to maintenance, at least with wow id be asleep at 1am on a Wednesday.

This.

Please shut up whining about the game being down for maintenance between WORK HOURS.

Its freaking off peak hours.

It would affect more people if they did it after 5PM.

It IS after 5pm in many countries, why can people not get this through their heads? It's posts like this that show many players here to be completely ignorant.

4pm GMT is 5pm GMT+1 6pm GMT+2 7pm GMT+3 and 8pm GMT+4. EU players could be in countries which use any of those time zones and therefore are being inconvenienced more than BioWare are making out. How would you like your servers off until 8pm due to maintenance??

how many customers bought this product in europe compared to north america?

I'm guessing North America has a TON more players.

Either way, nobody should be treated as second class.

We are all customers, paying for a product.

how many customers bought this product in europe compared to north america?

I'm guessing North America has a TON more players.

Guessing is typical. You have the right to guess and even more - whomever dares not guess should "suck it up" or... get invaded.