The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

another 9 hours of european game time gone....

Jocken

I see that again the BW people have been showing that they favorise the americans. again the server maintanence is at daytime in europe. its 8 hours from 9 am to 5pm on wednesday.

8 hours of gametime vanished.

Of course this HAS to happen during night time (midnight to 8am in the morning) american time.

I am tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, in order for this to be fair I would suggest either BW do their maintanence in 2 shifts, one for europe and one for americans or they alternate the time so its night time europeans every other time so the europeans wont lose game time.

With the given extended hourse this will probably me a 10 hour or more maintanence so it will cut into prime european time as well...

Edited by Jocken

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that again the BW people have been showing that they favorise the americans. again the server maintanence is at daytime in europe. its 8 hours from 9 am to 5pm on wednesday.

Of course this HAS to happen during night time (midnight to 8am in the morning) american time.

I am tired of being rteated like a 2nd class citizen, in order for this to be fair I would suggest either BW do their maintanence in 2 shifts, one for europe and one for americans or they anternate the time so its night time europeans every other time so the europeans wont lose game time.

With the given extended hourse this will probably me a 10 hour or more maintanence so it will cut into prime european time as well...

Yes, because here in America, we don't have the same exact amount of maintenance, we can really play, even though all the servers show as being Offline.

How /dare/ they fix the game for you and keep things running smoothly! Don't they understand you guys have /nothing/ better to do then play their game? Don't they realize that this world as we know it is coming to an end in a month and we can't afford 8 hours of our life undedicated to sitting in front of our computers?

God, Bioware is so selfish.

I am tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, in order for this to be fair I would suggest either BW do their maintanence in 2 shifts, one for europe and one for americans or they alternate the time so its night time europeans every other time so the europeans wont lose game time.

GET A JOB! Why is everyone complaining about it being during work hours? I play from Midnight to 8am, because of my hours, don't see me complaining, because I can't play an entire day.

Edited by Sinvx

Yes, because here in America, we don't have the same exact amount of maintenance, we can really play, even though all the servers show as being Offline.

and exactly how many americans plays at midnight or 1am compared to how many europeans play at 9am to 5pm?

How /dare/ they fix the game for you and keep things running smoothly! Don't they understand you guys have /nothing/ better to do then play their game? Don't they realize that this world as we know it is coming to an end in a month and we can't afford 8 hours of our life undedicated to sitting in front of our computers?

God, Bioware is so selfish.

I did not say anything about the maintanencen itself, learn to read fool...

No, but you are tucked up in bed when it happens.

Try to read someone's post before attempting sarcasm :)

I'm not, as I posted before, my hours are not normal. So I am awake during all this, and I cannot play for the whole day.

This.

Please shut up whining about the game being down for maintenance between WORK HOURS.

Its freaking off peak hours.

It would affect more people if they did it after 5PM.

Not everyone works Monday-Friday 9-5, 8am-4pm is not off peak. 2-7am is.

I won't be tucked in bed, sally. Maintenance begins at 3am EST, and I am awake everyday by 5. Guess what, I get to sit here, just as much as you do and wait. Then in another week, I have this crazy thing I have to go back to called a Job. It's where you go during the day, and do stuff your told to do, then get money for doing that. And when you get home at the end of the day, SW:TOR maintenance is over. It's simply fabulous.

This.

Please shut up whining about the game being down for maintenance between WORK HOURS.

Its freaking off peak hours.

It would affect more people if they did it after 5PM.

Not my work hours...it would affect less people if they did it after 1am GMT.

Actually let me elaborate.

England or even more important "The UK" is in the same time zone.

Europe is mostly 2 hours between itself.

America has a 5 hour difference between east and west coast i think? Or 4 hours?

Most of europe between the Maintanence hours are WORKING or at School/College.

Plus, america has more subscribers.

It inconviences a lot less people doing it the hours they are currently doing it without changing it.

Just leave it as it is.

To those above saying 1AM GMT time is off peak.

NO *********** ****.

Guess what though.

That puts the AMERICAN TIME at around 5PM FFS.

There is a LOT MORE People around at that time.

There is a lot LESS people playing at 9AM-5PM GMT time INGAME than the other way round.

If they did it at 1AM GMT time it would just confirm that BW had no idea how to do a MMO.

Just so you dont think im being inconsiderate.

Im working this week from 10PM to 6AM.

Which means i will be awake at 2PM so it WILL affect me, thats what happens though.

Edited by Anthonytats

I'm not, as I posted before, my hours are not normal. So I am awake during all this, and I cannot play for the whole day.

O***aayyy, we get it now. So, because your schedule is /abnormal/ in comparison to everyone elses, the game should cater to YOU.

I agree, stupid selfish Bioware CEO should have called you up and asked you for permission on their maintenance schedule.

You know what op? I agree with you entirely.

When wow had maintenance that was extended longer than it should have, we were given free game time, it just shows a lack of understanding of managing an international mmo on biowares end.

If this mmo is to satisfy a worldwide audience, then bw has to make some changes to get their system more organised, i hope for their sake that they do this.

Actually let me elaborate.

England or even more important "The UK" is in the same time zone.

Europe is mostly 2 hours between itself.

America has a 5 hour difference between east and west coast i think? Or 4 hours?

Most of europe between the Maintanence hours are WORKING or at School/College.

Plus, america has more subscribers.

It inconviences a lot less people doing it the hours they are currently doing it without changing it.

Just leave it as it is.

What makes you think the US has more subscribers? source?

The update times were set as they are in order to provide ALL users with the same content(and upgrades) at the same time. They did this for the user, not for their own convenience. 8am - 4pm is when people normally go to work, and it's reported as outside of peak hours for SWTOR. So even if you are at home and ready to play during that time, most users are not, again, a choice made to fit the user.

You will not experience a time where nobody is playing, I'm on a european server and I meet people there all times of the day(I work shifts, so I have random play times). What they are doing is trying to be fair to ALL by providing the same content at the same time, a time with low user amounts.

You are complaining because this time does not suit YOU, well, if they aimed to suit every player there would never be a time that fit.

I won't be tucked in bed, sally. Maintenance begins at 3am EST, and I am awake everyday by 5. Guess what, I get to sit here, just as much as you do and wait. Then in another week, I have this crazy thing I have to go back to called a Job. It's where you go during the day, and do stuff your told to do, then get money for doing that. And when you get home at the end of the day, SW:TOR maintenance is over. It's simply fabulous.

Jobs are for losers who arent smart enough to get rich doing nothing.

You are complaining because this time does not suit YOU, well, if they aimed to suit every player there would never be a time that fit.

Well, then lets flip the times, so the servers goes down at 1am CET insted, since it would not borther you?